Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Assuming, as everyone seems to be doing, that Van Halen's silence is in part related to legal problems with Ray Danniels. Well - Sammy was in the band when RD was managing, and since the problems/solutions almost certainly have to do with money/earnings for past/present/future VH catalog, then surely Sammy would be aware of any legal action.

Which makes his comments on the VH situation rather odd and hard to explain. Not saying he's wrong just that something doesn't add up..

...unlike the rest of the VH situation which makes perfect sense of course

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not sure Sammy would have a role in any of the legal issues that the band might have faced (be facing) at this time. Usually when someone leaves a band they sever legal ties to everything but the creative content they helped to create.

If the battle is over legal ownership of Van Halen alone (meaning they idiotically gave Ray a part of the name), then I'd say only current members have a stake. If the legal problems involve ownership of the albums, I'd wager Sammy would at least have to make an appearance and give a statement in court over the five albums released while he was in the band.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, first of all let me say I don't think there are any legal issues involved. Bands hire/fire managers all the time...

BUT, if there are any legal issues with VH and Dickhead Daniels, I don't think Sammy would be involved because Sammy never signed Ray's contract! When Ray came on board, he wanted rights to ALL VH stuff and Sammy's solo stuff. Sammy was like, "You're not getting any money for something you've never anything to do with." That, along with a lot of other issues, Sammy told him, even after the brothers signed with him " I don't care. You're never managing me!"

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics!

"Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard
    "Politians speech is jive. He likes to keep her lie alive. And mass confusion, makes him strong...Serious JuJu!" -Sammy 10/13
    "They'll find a cure, for anything. Just kill the pain! Numb my brain!" -Sammy, OU812
    "Winner takes it all, 'Till he breaks the fall, In time he'll make it over the top! -Sammy, Over The Top
    Check-out the latest news on Sammy! Click!: www.shnewsdesk.com

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sammy should really get together with Paul McCartney and compare "bad manager" notes. Danniels role within VH was very much patterned after what Allen Klein did to the Beatles and the Stones in the late 60's. Like Sammy, Paul was the only one in the Beatles who saw Klein for the fraud he was, and Klein manipulated tensions between Lennon & McCartney just as Danniels did between Sammy and Ed. Klein's manipulation of the Rolling Stones was also said to be a factor in the increasing alienation and drug abuse (leading to eventual death) of Brian Jones, a founding member of the Stones. This too is parallell to Danniels' pattern, having forced Nuno Bettencourt out of Extreme, and Chris De Garmo out of Queensryche, as well as the well documented soap opera of Van Hagar/Van Danniels/the brief Van HALEN reunion of 96.

It seems as though Danniels idolized Klein and used him as a mentor/role model. Sickening isn't it?

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

daniels-what a twisted fuck. guess he does that to all bands not jsut the ones his sister divorced.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    Sammy should really get together with Paul McCartney and compare "bad manager" notes. Danniels role within VH was very much patterned after what Allen Klein did to the Beatles and the Stones in the late 60's. Like Sammy, Paul was the only one in the Beatles who saw Klein for the fraud he was, and Klein manipulated tensions between Lennon & McCartney just as Danniels did between Sammy and Ed. Klein's manipulation of the Rolling Stones was also said to be a factor in the increasing alienation and drug abuse (leading to eventual death) of Brian Jones, a founding member of the Stones. This too is parallell to Danniels' pattern, having forced Nuno Bettencourt out of Extreme, and Chris De Garmo out of Queensryche, as well as the well documented soap opera of Van Hagar/Van Danniels/the brief Van HALEN reunion of 96.

It seems as though Danniels idolized Klein and used him as a mentor/role model. Sickening isn't it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep!
    That's a great analogy FORD!

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics!

"Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard
    "Politians speech is jive. He likes to keep her lie alive. And mass confusion, makes him strong...Serious JuJu!" -Sammy 10/13
    "They'll find a cure, for anything. Just kill the pain! Numb my brain!" -Sammy, OU812
    "Winner takes it all, 'Till he breaks the fall, In time he'll make it over the top! -Sammy, Over The Top
    Check-out the latest news on Sammy! Click!: www.shnewsdesk.com