Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

My humble opinion of course...
    VH has a better chance of survival, a better chance of establishing themselves as a band (yet, again) if they get a fourth singer, whether unknown or not. If he/she can sing well, and they write good music...why not??

Some may argue that Cherone was a failure. Well the odds really aren't so bad...50% success with Sammy and the other 50% *commercial* failure with Cherone. 50/50. That means VH has *at least* a 50% chance to succeed with a fourth singer.

With Dave, we will more than likely be limited to one tour and album....then off to the slaughter house. What? That's like just a few years away. I want VH to make music for as long as possible. VH obviously doesn't *want* to be with Dave. Otherwise, they would have rejoined in 96 or never parted ways to begin with.

If we do get the supposed reunion soon...it's all for you, the fans.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I agree in part.

For Van Halen to continue making music and touring, they need a singer that can delievr the goods.
    If they are "Handcuffed" into doing a reunion tour with Dave by WB and really aren't into it, then they should just do the reunion, and all part company on good terms this time with the understanding that they will jam together once again at the R&R Hall of Fame Ceremony.

First off I want the 3 main members to be happy. They were happy with Sammy for many years, and they put out some great music. Ed seemed happy with Gary, but maybe Al & Mike weren't.
    As long as Ed, AL & Mike are happy with who they are working with, I think that they can create some very special music together with a 4th singer, male or female.

It might not be UNCHAINED or JUMP, but it will still be Van Halen.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

MEAN STREET
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think a fourth singer is bad idea, they will look like a joke in the music community as well as respectibility. they need either to get dave back or call it quits and pursue other music avenues.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even if the music is outstanding, the music press (especially MTV) would play it as "VH's next pathetic attempt to hang around". There are some people who will say "well fuck MTV", to them I say I don't like what it's turned into either, but MTV is like red lights, no one likes 'em but you have to deal with them being there anyway. And without a serious push from the music media, any VH without Dave or Sam will be doomed to the bargain bin.
    TD
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

fourth singer????????????? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid idea...

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>i think a fourth singer is bad idea, they will look like a joke in the music community as well as respectibility. they need either to get dave back or call it quits and pursue other music avenues. <hr></blockquote>

And what do they look like right now?

I don't think a fourth singer is a bad idea at all. As generally agreed the general public really doesn't care about Van Halen, is only the real staunch 'fans' who are mainly pro-Dave. No offence to them, but really if you want to say Van Halen is about money they will go the fourth singer direction, and I think enough time has passed that they could do this now.

In addition to that, I would rather hear what Van Halen has to say today, which with Dave that may be a very difficult task as musically they just don't jive.

To me it's Van Halen, to others it's not, but too each his own. In the end it is how the band feels about things to determine if an album/tour is a success to them. No matter who the singer is I will buy the CD, and if I like it I will like it, if I don't like it...I could always use another coaster anyway.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Good post Zadian. Van Halen is in a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario. If they go with Dave or Sam some people will say it's to recapture the glory days or it's about the money.
    If they go the 4th singer route the record will be shunned by everyone but the diehards. I'm a fan and will pick it up regardless of who's singing. Going on 4 years without a new album you better believe I'd be one of the first in line to pick the damn thing up.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, WACF, FW
    Favorite VH Song

Loss of Control
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> i think a fourth singer is bad idea, they will look like a joke in the music community as well as respectibility. they need either to get dave back or call it quits and pursue other music avenues. <hr></blockquote>

Amen, brother.
    Use my hand, I won't look!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The fact is that 99 times out of 100, when a record with the name "Van Halen" on the label is played on a radio station it is a Van HALEN song. Which means, for everyone except the UFF's and the sheep, Van Hagar, and most definitely Van Danniels no longer have any relevance whatsoever.

Guess who else you can say that about...

Any "Black Sabbath" album that does not feature either Ozzy Osbourne or RJ Dio.

Any "Deep Purple" album where Ian Gillan and Ritchie Blackmore are not both present.

Do you sheep REALLY want "Van Halen" to become a FUCKING PATHETIC JOKE like the previously mentioned two bands have?? To go through the trouble of recording albums that nobody will buy and play live where nobody wants to see them? And how long do you expect them to go through the motions with some half assed singer who doesn't even know what the fuck Van Halen is about?

At least Tony Iommi finally remedied his mistake.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    The fact is that 99 times out of 100, when a record with the name "Van Halen" on the label is played on a radio station it is a Van HALEN song.<hr></blockquote>

You sure do like to pull your 'facts' out of your ass, don't you?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeL:

You sure do like to pull your 'facts' out of your ass, don't you?
    <hr></blockquote>

Unless my ass is suddenly recieving FM radio signals, that wouldn't be the case.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So you just made it up? Kind of like how you said VH played 70% Dave-stuff on their last tour?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    Which means, for everyone except the UFF's and the sheep, Van Hagar, and most definitely Van Danniels no longer have any relevance whatsoever.<hr></blockquote>Are you going to buy the next DLR album if it's a solo project? Because DLR outside of VH is as irrelevant as they come. Propping himself up on 90% VH material on two consecutive solo tours? That's an artist that has no relevance to today, and is just living off yesterday. What's relevant about that?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>To go through the trouble of recording albums that nobody will buy and play live where nobody wants to see them?<hr></blockquote>Hmm, sounds like Dave again. I guess he shouldn't bother putting anything out because god knows it won't sell. And his only angle on tour is to bury any current project and drag out the VH chestnuts at the expense of any artistic growth.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Wow...better responses than I imagined. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I think that some of you are mistaken if you believe a fourth singer is definately doomed. Bargain bins or not...a good CD is a good CD. And III was a good CD. It's just too bad some can't open their ears a little. Perhaps it wasn't the best VH offering, but at least it didn't sound like anything else.

Back in 96 when Dave had a chance to get back in the band, I thought, "now this might work...maybe they've really captured some magic." But you see where it ended up. According to Ed and Al, Dave tried real hard in the studio, but didn't really deliver the goods. Perhaps the threesome are just a step ahead of Dave.

It's also unfair to compare VH to bands like Black Sabbath or Deep Purple. I like a lot of early Sabbath, but let's be honest...VH are musically and sonically better. Tony Iommi is no Edward Van Halen.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>VH are musically and sonically better. Tony Iommi is no Edward Van Halen. <hr></blockquote>

That's why I think a 4th singer could work. Van Halen are good song writers. The biggest problem I though III had (besides the 'fans') was terrible production and mising.

For a 4th singer to work Eddie I think will have to back off on the control freak routine and let a decent producer do his/her job to enhance what they put down on tape.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.