all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Lets look at the facts.

1. Van Halen is no longer with WB.
    2. Dave hasn't been with WB for quite some time.
    3. Sammy didn't get a deal with WB after he was fired/quit.
    4. Van Halen IS planning on doing a new album. (all you need to do is take Eddie's words as proof, "we have about 3 albums worth of new material, but short on singers)

Rumors:

1. Dave is recording with VH
    2. Album is done with Dave
    3. Sammy has been approached about returning.
    4. Mike says they are going out on tour this spring with a new album and they are "doing it with Dave this time".
    5. VH is doing a Santana-esque album.
    6. Eddie is dying.

But what if Eddie & the boys have finally decided to take control of the ship and want to make the music that they want to?
    They have pounded out heavy tunes with the best of them, they have added a more melodic, ballad driven songs, did a kind of "cutting edge" album with Gary, and now maybe now that they are in their later 40's, that its time to do what they want to.
    Maybe they would like to (and I'm just throwing names out there) get Steve Perry to sing, hire a fulltime keyboard player and make Journey style music.
    Or Get a total unknown singer out there, and just make rock and roll music and tour and be happy. Whether they make new songs that sound like UNCHAINED, or WHEN ITS LOVE doesn't matter to them as long as they are happy.
    Hell maybe they will just retire the name Van Halen and start up a new band and call it "The over the hill gang".

Van Halen has given me alot of satisfaction over a 20+ year span of time. I will buy whatever they do. Most bands don't enjoy the success that VH has, they lived a party life and survived.

But for them to continue to say nothing is just not the right way to go about it.
    Take a cue from a long lasting band like RUSH and pass your fans some info, even Hanson gives their fans updates. A long hiatus is fine, you guys earned the right to do it, but just keep your fans informed and they will be there when you come back.

Man I'm getting soft in my old age.

Van Halen are rocks true Survivors . [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ January 29, 2002 at 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]</p>
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Points well taken. I haven't posted at 'Links for over an year because I got fed up with the lack of info from the band. We were basically, discussing scraps of information from second and third hand sources. I also fail to understand why the band has virtually said nothing, which is what leads me to believe that Ed's health is more serious.

[ January 29, 2002 at 10:04 AM: Message edited by: dropdeadlegs ]</p>

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddymon I think your post sums up all that is going on right now. Due to a lack of info from the band speculation is running rampant and frustrations are at an all time high. We all love VH and we're all pissed that we don't even have a clue to what's happening. Nobody knows what their plans are and no fan base feels more diatanced than us.
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I thought they did make an album the way they wanted to?--VH3
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by hain23x:
    I thought they did make an album the way they wanted to?--VH3
    And the result was pure unadulterated ovine feces.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If VH were happy getting a commercial and critical slap in the face for making the music they wanted to (ie. the rather weak Van Halen 3), then they would never let Gary leave. Instead, they parted ways with him and recorded three songs with Dave. It's a no-win situation for them. Take back Dave and learn to compromise (like most bands and grown-ups do in life), or do what they want and really lose it all.

I think their silence is due to their apprehension. They don't really know what to do. Eddie's eventually going to bite the bullet and realize that if he wants his music to be purchased as the BAND Van Halen, then he's going to have to accept that he can't always have things his way. Gary Cherone was not the singer from heaven. He was the guy who said, "Whatever you say."

If Eddie is sick, it's horrible. And I'll feel very bad. But I won't feel guilt because nobody gave me that information. He's not obliged to, but my frustrations would be justified because I've heard nothing.

I was never mad at Neil Young about five years ago when he said he was taking a three-year break because he cut off part of his finger. He explained it, I knew what was going on and I waited patiently. Mind you, cancer is a very different thing.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR