Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello ya all. IMHO thinks that it is over and out with VH and DLR. The latest news on the VHND is that Dave has said in an intervieuw that the plans for a reunion has to wait for another hole year. Who the man think he is...GOD. I think that VH and DLR own us a sort of statement in what the fuck is goning on. We are no pingpongballs that can be hit from one side of the table to the other side, we are fans to the bone, and we just want some new VH music again after about 2 years. I guess they better call it quits and get it over with. What do you people think, will there be VH anymore [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they donīt anounce anything it isnīt really over....
    But VH as one of the biggest rock groups in USA is over now !!!
    One year waiting plus the past 3 years is defenitly to long.
    The younger kids donīt recall the name VH anymore after 4+ years of silence.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I think money is the only thing that will resurrect the Mighty Van Halen now. a visit from the money truck. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep your absolutely right Glenn, wait man i see something in the distance....it's it's the money truck ==&gt; beep beep beeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppppppp

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think money is the only thing that will resurrect the Mighty Van Halen now. If things clicked either creatively or personally, we wouldn't be in this position. I think it's pretty clear that it didn't work out on either of those two levels, and it would be 100% over if it wasn't for the continuing possibility of a visit from the money truck. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Ah they're just waiting for Sam to stop having the blast that he is right now.

Then they'll get down to making some serious music.

I do believe that if it was going to work with Dave, it would have already happened by now.

I just doen't see DLR being able to cut it anymore. He had his hayday when riff rock was king, these days it's about songs, melodies, and lyrical content.

What's Dave done as of late? Relived the glory daze touring with a VH tribute band.

What's Sam done? Kept busy writing, recording, touring, and having fun!

IMO if you put Sam and Ed in a room together, they could create something special.

With Dave, I would imagine it's like pulling teeth to get anything done.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Does anybody think that Ed is in shape mentally or physically to make new music and tour ?

Just curious, those pics of him at the golf event led me to beleive he is not doing so well. I really hope he is fine !!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    Does anybody think that Ed is in shape mentally or physically to make new music and tour ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he isn't fine, and that's the reason why we all have to wait, at least he can tell us that in a real statement, just give us an answer that we can deal with for the time being. Let us now if Dave is in or out and what the plans are for VH in the future.

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I dont disagree at all.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by homeunit:
    IMO if you put Sam and Ed in a room together, they could create something special.

With Dave, I would imagine it's like pulling teeth to get anything done.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO Sam and Ed had 11 years to do something special. Where is the critical acclaim for their collaboration?

My guess is with Dave it was always like pulling teeth. However, there is no question where the critical success of Van Halen originated, Grammy award bedamned!(insert "pissing on Grammy award" smilie here)

No matter how this ends, history has already been written. Not even a reunion with Dave could top that at this point.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I think it ends up splitting along the lines of what success is. On one hand you have record sales, awards, etc, and on the other hand you have the quality of the music being offered.

Comparing the Sam era to the Dave era is almost like apples and oranges for me. The Dave era of VH is awesome, and I love it, but I feel that they hit their pinnicle with 84. They took the riff based songwriting as far as they could, and it was great.

The Sam era, was much more song focused, and for me, I found that much more musically intresting then the riffs of the Dave era.

Which one is better? We all have our opinions on that, and in the end that's all it comes down to, opinion, and it doesn't help that I'm right and your all wrong [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I do agree with you about the origins of it all, but as for the future, I can't see dave cutting it.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Homeunit here. Of course, I am biased for several reasons, but being a musician is the strongest one.

While Ed may have been THE guitar god during the Dave era, most of the songs were quickies; riff orienting rock is a pretty simplistic beast. I started out doing riff-based stuff. It helped me get where I am, but I grew tired of doing it. I began to focus on a composition, as Eddie did eventually.

When you have song based music, you get to be really creative, and the depth of what you're doing has more potential. There is a lot more room in song-oriented material to explore than in a riff song. I enjoy that much better.

With Sammy, they made the full turn into songwriting. With Dave, I think you're limited as to how far you can go. Not knocking it or him, but just my opinion.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If the original =VH= does not reunite I feel it is because Eddie has his "living legend" reputation at stake and does not want to risk it by going out on tour with Dave. He is done taking chances, and does not want to go out on another limb. I think he is all consumed with what people will think and how his name will go down in rock history. Can you blame him? After all his hard work, will he be remembered as "a guitar god" or "a burn out"? Part of him is saying "its a great idea, it will rock, "and the other part is saying "I don't know, too risky." He needs to see Dave in action to make his decision, and he will...soon.
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been saying it's over since Dave's little announcement weeks back. Some people just aren't ready to accept it yet.

But I think homeunit is on to something. It's okay to have power driving riffs in a song, but you need to have more. VH jumped off that train before it pulled into hairband station. It's about always growing as a musician whether you've been in the business 2 or 20 years. That's how bands stay current enough to survive when the pop train pushes them out. Van Halen released an album during the explosion of grunge and what happened - it went to #1 on the charts and sold almost 3 million copies.

They need to take a step forward, not a step backward. I don't know if Dave is capable of that, and I think therein is why it isn't happening.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

I can't see Hagar being any better than Dave in VH at this point. Ok, so he is a bit less of a parody of himself than Dave. Apparently, as far as Eddie is concerned, he can't cut the mustard musically either, and I would wholeheartedly agree. Bringing Hagar back is no less of a retread for Van Halen than bringing back Dave. The difference is, there is a whole catalog of Classic Van Halen that people want to hear in it's original form. Outside of Hagar fans and the casual who never even knew there was a different lead singer than Dave (they're out there [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ), there isn't much excitement or demand for a VH-Hagar reunion, either popularly or critically.

I am a musician also, and to me Van Halen has always been riff-rock; even with Hagar. The piano tracks are piano riffs, for crying out loud! I hear no extra level of sophistication, just better recording equipment and techniques. None of it is rocket science; it's just rock and roll!

It's all the same to me; I think they are done, no matter what at this point.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rokgtar:
    I am a musician also, and to me Van Halen has always been riff-rock; even with Hagar. The piano tracks are piano riffs, for crying out loud! I hear no extra level of sophistication, just better recording equipment and techniques. None of it is rocket science; it's just rock and roll!

It's all the same to me; I think they are done, no matter what at this point.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am in NO WAY trying to be a prick dude, so please don't take this that way.

You are wrong, and here's why...

Sructurally speaking, the composisions of the Hager era are far more complex. They include SMART key changes, inventive melody lines, and further developed ideas.

Vocally, Hager could flow with the music and create melodies that departed from the rhythm. His phasing worked OFF of the rhythm, and directly with it. Of course there is NO debate who the better singer is.

I have to go, but I will carry on later! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium