Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Three DLR albums made the list. Two were with VH and one was a solo album. However, no Sammy album, solo, or with VH made the list. In my opinion, for DLR albums, I think that "Fair Warning" should have been included somehwere, maybe in the top 5. For Sammy, I think that the first Montrose album should have made the list, along with "Balance," which is, IMHO, the best Van Hagar album. Other albums I think should have been on the list include Nine Inch Nails "The Downward Spiral," GN'R's UYI, and Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind."

[ August 07, 2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: SlashNIzzy ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

is this the list for top 50 all-time metal albums or sumthin like that?? please fill me in on what VH albums made it(I am guesing the first one & 1984) and where did they place on the list, respectively.. And i agree that Fair Warning coulda been on their too... peace

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

SlashNizzy.....Sammy is my FAVORITE artist, and I prefer his era over the DLR era. However, as much as I love Sammy, none of his album's deserve to be in the top 50.

Sammy isn't nearly as influential as early Van Halen was. No one is saying, "Standing Hampton was such a dramatic album, it changed the face of music." And when Sammy took over for Dave, Van Halen was already established. Van Halen's first record & 1984 were pivotal records. They deserve recognition. (Note - there is absolutely NO WAY "Eat'em & Smile" deserves to be in the top 50 though). Sammy's great at what he does, but let's face it, he's never been an innovator.

[ August 07, 2002, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Ineedalogin ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy has never been innovative at anything...lyrics, music. It doesn't surprise me at all.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

On Fire
    Last Online

10.28.09 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SlashNIzzy:
    Three DLR albums made the list. Two were with VH and one was a solo album. However, no Sammy album, solo, or with VH made the list. In my opinion, for DLR albums, I think that "Fair Warning" should have been included somehwere, maybe in the top 5. For Sammy, I think that the first Montrose album should have made the list, along with "Balance," which is, IMHO, the best Van Hagar album. Other albums I think should have been on the list include Nine Inch Nails "The Downward Spiral," GN'R's UYI, and Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind."
    Hey DLR has 3 albums in the top 40 - NO - he's got only 1, the other 2 are VH album - very important point here boyz. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And his album, imho doesn't deserve to be in top 40. VH 2, FUCK should be there... maybe 5150 too (I know I'm biased because I'm a VH fan but screw it).

Also, solo Hagar doesn't deserve to be in top 40 at all. Maybe his work with Montrose. That's it. Not his solo stuff.
    [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe they describe "Eat'em and Smile" as the last great VH album. Sammy might make the top 50 Tequilla list.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The hagar fans are getting a little touchy about EEAS in the list.

Well deal with it - thats what you guys would be saying to us Rothheads if it was sammy in that list not Dave.

And EEAS desrves its place in that list - if only for the guitar work - it placed top 5 in Guitar players magazines best guitar albums of the '80's - THATS why its there. 1984 was no.1 in that lst.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

07.30.08 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EEAS was also the first metal record where the back up band was nothing but the best talent around in that genre. It is also a great recording and better than anything Van Hagar did.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I haven't seen the list but I can assure you it is loaded with BULLSHIT.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This is Love/Mean Street
    Last Online

09.23.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

"Yankee Rose" and "Crazy from the Heat" do have VH/1984 written all over them. I wonder if they were adaptations of material Dave was working on for the follow up of 1984.....

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SPIN is a junk publication! Any music publication that can put Beck, Bjork, Moby, and Radiohead on their cover and call themselves reputable is an absolute joke. These guys are going to tell us the 50 greatest metal albums? They first have to decipher what is talent. They are not in the position to rank anything.

For the record, Van Halen I, 1984, 5150, FUCK, and Fair Warning should have all placed. If Eat Em and Smile was such a great metal album and 5150 was not, then how come it sold almost three million less copies, never went number one or entered the top ten on Billboard and never produced a hit single like 5150? I think this was a slight at Sammy Hagar. Every album he put out with Van Halen went #1 and FUCK won the Grammy, Billboard, American Music Award, and three MTV Music Awards including Video of the Year. Dave never did this with all his solo or Van Halen releases.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Puddin and Pie:
    If Eat Em and Smile was such a great metal album and 5150 was not, then how come it sold almost three million less copies, never went number one or entered the top ten on Billboard and never produced a hit single like 5150? I think this was a slight at Sammy Hagar. Every album he put out with Van Halen went #1 and FUCK won the Grammy, Billboard, American Music Award, and three MTV Music Awards including Video of the Year. Dave never did this with all his solo or Van Halen releases.
    EEAS reached no.4 on billboard and Yankee Rose reached 16 in the charts.

California Girls and Just a Gigolo were nominated in practically every category in the '85 mtv awards.

And if you're so hung up on records sold and awards - why are you doing here? - you sound very immature - you obviously haven't a clue what you're talkin about, and one of your even worse moments is taking a major beating in the Main VH discussion.

Oh! just my opinion of course - but EEAS kicks the living CRAP out of anything van hagar has done - I'll admit 5150 is a quality record, and it gives Eat Em a run for its money - but everything after that - Not a Prayer!!!!! - maybe thats why EEAS was in the list?????

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

EEAS!!!!!The combinatin of intense musicianship(which changed the landscape of music quite abit after it's release, the Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai combination is quite formidable) and comedy(some of those lyrics are hilarious), is priceless!!!! A great album!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

If Eat Em and Smile was such a great metal album and 5150 was not, then how come it sold almost three million less copies, never went number one or entered the top ten on Billboard and never produced a hit single like 5150? I think this was a slight at Sammy Hagar. Every album he put out with Van Halen went #1 and FUCK won the Grammy, Billboard, American Music Award, and three MTV Music Awards including Video of the Year. Dave never did this with all his solo or Van Halen releases.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Since when did albums sold ever amount to a "Great Metal Album"? Neither EEAS or 5150 was a metal album by any means. But... is you want to compare, the material on EEAS was much heavier overall than on 5150, whether you actually like the music better or not.

And, since you are so impressed by total album sales, you must be a huge metal fan of Aeroshit then-NUFF SAID!!!