Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's face it if you don't approve of Sam in being in the band you're no Van Halen fan. The guys that just sit around and worship DLR, that's fine, but to rip on Sam means you're no Van Halen fan. You're a DLR fan, nothing more.

Mods, lock it if you must, just frusturated.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's face it if you don't approve of Dave in being in the band you're no Van Halen fan. The guys that just sit around and worship Sam, that's fine, but to rip on Dave means you're no Van Halen fan. You're a Sam fan, nothing more.

There is no different here. There are those on this site that rag on Dave and those that rag on Sam. The only differente I see is that the Sammy lovers cry and moan and bitch every time anyone says anything about Sam AND at the same time they are rippind Dave a new asshole and crying the whole time.

Here is the bottom line:
    There are people that are solely Sam era VH fans and there are people that are solely Roth fans. JUST because a person likes one era more than the other does not mean that they are not Van Halen fans. This debate will never end.

I am a Roth era fan myself. I think both entertainers did a great job last year. I, however, have lost a little respect for both of them for different reasons.

Take Roth for example first since I am going to be considered a Rothtard anyway this turns out. The "Vagina monologues" statement was completely uncalled for. Gary did not belong in VH and he admitted it and left the band. Roth had no right to say that. Dave's jacking off with JD got old as well. This man IS talented whether you guys want to admit it or not, but that being said, he really needs to prove it again because even I am getting tired of him and his antics.

Sam is next. When you are insecure, you talk badly about other people. Sam, get a clue, Dave does not like you and he has that right. It isn't like Dave said something negative about Sam every interview he did now is it? Sam went on the offensive from the start and has not let up since. So fucking what if Dave did not want to sing a duet with Sam. Sam picked out a few things he could talk shit on Dave and has not stopped crying like a bitch in heat since. Shut the fuck up already. Dave did mouth off a few times on the tour, but absolutely nothing like Sam. I mean really, all of you Sam fans, I respect that you like the guy, but can you not admit that he has gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on just a bit too much?

Yes, we are all frustrated at the VH saga!
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Yeah i am surprised by Sammy's behavior. Yes he does rip on dave a lot....NOW! Maybe this makes up for when he never said a word for 10 years when he was in the band, while roth was ripping him non-stop. But when Roth rips him on stage, screw that and screw him.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great post from Executionor.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Michaels:
    Yeah i am surprised by Sammy's behavior. Yes he does rip on dave a lot....NOW! Maybe this makes up for when he never said a word for 10 years when he was in the band, while roth was ripping him non-stop. But when Roth rips him on stage, screw that and screw him.
    Now now, I remember reading where Ed and Al had to take Sam aside at several times during the early Van HAGAR days because Sam was relentlessly talking complete shit about Dave at concerts, interviews, everywhere, and tell him to cool it. Anyone else out there remmeber this? Help me out!
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I have to agree that Sam has been out of line several times. I prefer him w/ the band, but some of his statements have been out to lunch bud.

I think Executioner is being objective in saying the same about Dave.

Let's all just hope we hear something from somewhere sometime [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

03.16.13 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mas Tequila:
    Let's face it if you don't approve of Sam in being in the band you're no Van Halen fan. The guys that just sit around and worship DLR, that's fine, but to rip on Sam means you're no Van Halen fan. You're a DLR fan, nothing more.

Mods, lock it if you must, just frusturated.
    AGREED

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    Now now, I remember reading where Ed and Al had to take Sam aside at several times during the early Van HAGAR days because Sam was relentlessly talking complete shit about Dave at concerts, interviews, everywhere, and tell him to cool it. Anyone else out there remmeber this? Help me out!
    Oh yeah, I remember it all right--Sam refused to sing Jump--weren't random people or celebrities picked to sing Jump on the 5150 tour?

Is there even a boot from that tour that has him singing it?
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    i remember that too...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Executionor:
    i remember that too...</font>[/QUOTE]me three!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

yep i remember that...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Let's make a distinction here. The way I see it (throwing Gary out for simplicity), there are a number of groups fans can fall into.

1. Love Roth VH, refuse to listen to anything Sammy.

2. Love Roth VH, will listen to Sammy but don't prefer it.

3. Love all VH equally.

4. Love Sammy VH, will listen to Roth but don't prefer it.

5. Love Sammy VH, refuse to listen to anything Roth.

It occurrs to me that groups 1 and 5 aren't actually Van Halen fans, just fans of a particular singer. People who fall into 2-4 (as I'm sure most of us do) are VH fans, even though their biased spin towards a single singer may get them labeled as something other than a "true fan" from time to time.

Basically the VH fanbase has been splintered into three factions: Pro-Roth, Pro-Sammy, and Pro-Eddie. Each group has members with different degrees of fanaticism, but Those Pro-Singer tend to side with their singer much more often while those Pro-Eddie seem to be of the, "I'll listen to Van Halen even if Barney the Dinosaur sings!" group.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    while those Pro-Eddie seem to be of the, "I'll listen to Van Halen even if Barney the Dinosaur sings!" group.
    and the funny thing is, some of you guys WOULD listen to that!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Stuff No More:

It occurrs to me that groups 1 and 5 aren't actually Van Halen fans, just fans of a particular singer. People who fall into 2-4 (as I'm sure most of us do) are VH fans, even though their biased spin towards a single singer may get them labeled as something other than a "true fan" from time to time.
    all those examples are Van Halen fans. just because someone doesn't choose to accept whatever Ed wants to offer up as VH doesn't make anyone less of a fan...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 11,600 Times in 4,945 Posts

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    all those examples are Van Halen fans. just because someone doesn't choose to accept whatever Ed wants to offer up as VH doesn't make anyone less of a fan...
    Or more.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!