Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:41 AM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

You know, I was watching MTV last night and saw some of the USO shows that Kid Rock, J-Lo, and some rapper I don't give a shit about were doing for the troops oversees, and I got pissed. Two benefit shows (Atlanta and Texas) done by a bunch of 70's and 80's headliners, the NYC show, Sammy doing some hurricane relief, etc. etc. and no fucking Van Halen. Unless Eddie is sicker than we know, WHAT THE FUCK!!!

How difficult would it be to get off their asses and do a benefit show, whether it be with Dave, a brief special reunite with Sammy, or even with some name singer just to front the band for a couple of tunes? Shit, they could use Blades, Shaw, even Garth fucking Brooks or Shania, just get out a make people FEEL GOOD! A quick tour of a couple of Army bases would do them a world of good, both esteem wise and in the public eye. Like I said, unless Eddie is sick (in which case never mind), WHAT THE FUCK!!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tell me about it, not even a statement after september 11th
    "Jebe Ga"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Gonna send this to the Opinions forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Incredible Edible Dude:
    You know, I was watching MTV last night and saw some of the USO shows that Kid Rock, J-Lo, and some rapper I don't give a shit about were doing for the troops oversees, and I got pissed. Two benefit shows (Atlanta and Texas) done by a bunch of 70's and 80's headliners, the NYC show, Sammy doing some hurricane relief, etc. etc. and no fucking Van Halen. Unless Eddie is sicker than we know, WHAT THE FUCK!!!

How difficult would it be to get off their asses and do a benefit show, whether it be with Dave, a brief special reunite with Sammy, or even with some name singer just to front the band for a couple of tunes? Shit, they could use Blades, Shaw, even Garth fucking Brooks or Shania, just get out a make people FEEL GOOD! A quick tour of a couple of Army bases would do them a world of good, both esteem wise and in the public eye. Like I said, unless Eddie is sick (in which case never mind), WHAT THE FUCK!!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

list YOUR charitable contributions, since you're so concerned about what everyone else does. for all you know, Ed wrote a check, and decided not to have his donation publicized. almost all the stars that have shown up at these events have something to plug. think Jagger would show up at the concert for NY unless he had a solo disc out? i don't, and i'm a huge Stones fan. most of the stars on that Tribute to Heroes show did the same, they had movies out, or coming out. before you guys go busting VH's balls and deriding their decision not to say anything, enlighten us to what good deeds you have done since the 11th, before someone calls you heartless fucks also.

[ January 11, 2002 at 02:45 PM: Message edited by: twonabomber ]</p>
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BEZEK KNOWS BEST:
    Tell me about it, not even a statement after september 11th<hr></blockquote>

and unless i missed something, what did your boy Cherone do? singing the National Anthem at the Celtics game doesn't count...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by twonabomber:

and unless i missed something, what did your boy Cherone do? singing the National Anthem at the Celtics game doesn't count...
    <hr></blockquote>

The guy is a well known public servent

fuck you!!!!!!!
    "Jebe Ga"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Public servant? The guy was posting messages on the internet criticizing Eddie Vedder and stating why it is wrong for women to have the choice to abort a pregnancy. I don't need a lame-ass rock n' roller spewing ancient Conservative ethics all over the internet and insulting and hurting many people.

That truly made me think that the guy is an idiot. What the hell kind of public servant is he?

I heard his talent on III SIDES. That's about it, BedWet.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's nothing wrong with what cherone did with the vedder situation. we have have thoughts and views on things, even if your a common joe or a rock star like gary cherone
    "Jebe Ga"

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:41 AM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

list YOUR charitable contributions, since you're so concerned about what everyone else does. for all you know, Ed wrote a check, and decided not to have his donation publicized. almost all the stars that have shown up at these events have something to plug. think Jagger would show up at the concert for NY unless he had a solo disc out? i don't, and i'm a huge Stones fan. most of the stars on that Tribute to Heroes show did the same, they had movies out, or coming out. before you guys go busting VH's balls and deriding their decision not to say anything, enlighten us to what good deeds you have done since the 11th, before someone calls you heartless fucks also.

[ January 11, 2002 at 02:45 PM: Message edited by: twonabomber ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Yo, WTF??? I didn't say anything about heartless. Tone it back a bit. I'm angry because I saw an opportunity that is perfect for a band that made it's name being a feel-good institution to do some good, unless there is an unknown factor (health, reunion already in the works but not ready to unveil, etc.), which is none of my business and would certainly make my point moot. I saw a concert in NYC where the Who stole the show, and they can't carry Ed's fucking guitar case (no I am NOT slamming the Who, just saying VH is better). They missed Live-Aid with the first DLR split. They aren't doing anything right now, apparently. Would've been a nice opportunity to get out and DO something, don't ya think? Are they bad people because they didn't? Fuck no. I don't know them, this has nothing to do with that. It has nothing to do with a public statement, or money, or anything like that. It has everything to do with, again, wasting an opportunity to give back to the fans, and give back to the country. They aren't obligated, I was just pissed that they didn't.

And by the way shit for brains, I work at a non-profit and spend every day trying to make a piece of the world a bit better, in my own way. So relax.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[ January 11, 2002 at 02:45 PM: Message edited by: twonabomber ]
    <hr></blockquote>

bullshit, Twisted Sister reunited for NY Steel for the first time in 14 years(only because of the benefit), and they weren't promoting SHIT!!! In fact Ace Freheley, Anthrax, Sebastian Bach, and Overkill have no new albums to promote, but they are all NYC based acts, and did the benefit because it was the right thing to do...

as far as Tribute to Heroes goes, does Tom Petty have a new album???? NO

Does Springsteen????? NO

Did Neil Young????? NO

does Stevie Wonder????? NO

and those are a few examples....
    yeah, did the Who have a new album????? NO

[ January 14, 2002 at 09:22 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

[ January 14, 2002 at 09:25 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good points from the talking penis...

And also, if Mick was there solely to promote his new solo album, then why didn't he perform songs from that album, rather than doing "Miss You" and "Salt of The Earth", with Keith, no less. Who knows why the rest of the band didn't show up, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that both Mick & Keith have been (at least part time) residents of NYC since the 70's.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    Good points from the talking penis...

And also, if Mick was there solely to promote his new solo album, then why didn't he perform songs from that album, rather than doing "Miss You" and "Salt of The Earth", with Keith, no less. Who knows why the rest of the band didn't show up, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that both Mick & Keith have been (at least part time) residents of NYC since the 70's.
    <hr></blockquote>

Ford,

Amen. You beat me to it. Jagger had every opportunity to do new songs that night, and he did not. He was booked as a solo performer, and yet he brings Richards out as a surprise guest and performs Stones material. This critcism sort of irks me. Twonabomber has a point, Elton John went on that show and performed his new single, but nobody comments on that.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was hoping Keith would show up, he's only up the road in Connecticut (at least from what i hear...) i wasn't saying EVERYONE showed up because they had something to push, but their PR people look for events like that to get their client out in the public eye, not much different than Julia Roberts writing a check, and then having a press release spell out the details of the donation.