Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Why now?

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

It is said the the David Lee Roth lawsuit against Van Halen stems from an agreement the brothers signed in 1996...why is Roth just getting around to filing this lawsuit now? Not that he's not entitled if he was indeed hornswaggled, just why did he wait so long? Is this just like the slowest developing train wreck in history? I remember when Edward was talking about having worked with Dave and everything was going okay until lawyers got involved. Was this what he was referring to? It's just so weird - some day it would be nice to know the whole story of what's gone on the past few years - just since I've been visiting this board. Came here amid much speculation that Dave would be back with the band, can't believe we were able to keep that afloat for so long. Not saying that just died down - that's been dead for awhile, but still, it did last for a long time. At this point I'd just as soon see Edward work with Sam again - but I don't see where Sam could find the time, what with his own deal and this project with Neil Schon, et. al. Anyway, just don't know what's up with Roth anymore - doing the "Sue Me, Sue You Blues". I read somewhere that he did the "Backyard BBQ" video as an attempt to get someone to do a show for him like "The Osbournes", but he's got a better chance of getting a regular gig on Court TV it seems.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Oh, and it sure is great to see that that bastion of all things Van Halen known as "The Official Website" is all over this latest bit of Van Halen news!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It would be interesting to know exactly when the suit was filed. Giving Dave the benefit of the doubt (and assuming he was, to an extent, still on speaking terms with band members), he had to have exhausted (IHHO) all civil recourses when it comes to getting the money he felt he deserved. It would seem to me that taking them to court was a last ditch attempt to get paydirt.

I guess it dawned on Dave that things weren't as "inevitable" as he thought, that the phone call probably wasn't coming, and that he needed to cover his ass(ets) now or kiss them goodbye. Either that or Mike saying he's pushing for Sam back scared the hell out of Dave.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."