Thread: get over it!

Favorite VH Album

ou812
    Favorite VH Song

cabo wabo
    Last Online

07.22.12 @ 11:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I stumbled onto this site on a public computer and i cant belive my eyes!People still think that van halen is going to make a comback?!?!Its over!The last good VH record was OU812!If eddie would of cleaned up his act after that album and continued writing TASTEFULL tunes like finish what u started and cabo, VH would be a class act today.Instead they came out with FUCK and re-hashed old VH heavymetalisms ie;judgement day and went the way of typical pop metal.You have to realize that anyone who has drank heavily since they were 12 and is now in there late 40s is probably fried.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting take. I still think there is reason to believe that the band will be back if only for the reason that both Ed and Mike both said in no uncertain terms that they will make another run. Now a commercial comeback is a different story. It all depends on the strength of the next album. I'd will wait for their next offering before I sound the death bells!

[ February 08, 2003, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Tonedaddy ]
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

07.06.05 @ 06:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by cobias:
    Its over!The last good VH record was OU812!If eddie would of cleaned up his act after that album and continued writing TASTEFULL tunes like finish what u started and cabo, VH would be a class act today.
    Van Halen was never a class act. They have always been a good times, party, in your face, fuck your momma, nail your sister, screw your neighbors daughter, hide your sheep, do ya think she was really 18(?), kind of band.

You want tasteful? Try The Corrs.
    Buttocks and crotches and nipples with wings, these are a few of my favorite things!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by VH Spirit Lives On:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cobias:
    Its over!The last good VH record was OU812!If eddie would of cleaned up his act after that album and continued writing TASTEFULL tunes like finish what u started and cabo, VH would be a class act today.
    Van Halen was never a class act. They have always been a good times, party, in your face, fuck your momma, nail your sister, screw your neighbors daughter, hide your sheep, do ya think she was really 18(?), kind of band.

lol... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You want tasteful? Try The Corrs.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VH Spirit Lives On:
    Van Halen was never a class act.
    I disagree with you on that. Once the 80's-90's change over occured, VH still rolled on. Although they were not in their heyday, FUCK, Live, and Balance put the band in a place of respect and could be considered a "class act".

I know someone will mention the sales of those albums compared to earlier successes, but the people that liked those albums or where first exposed to the band then saw that VH survived the backlash for a reason. They did what they did, they did it better than most and they did it unapologeticly &lt;sp&gt;. They helped keep rock alive while the grunge scene ran it's course.

[ February 09, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Tonedaddy ]
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.