Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not sure how much this has been addressed on here but I just wanted to share a little story...

Lately i've been so desperate for VH that I've bought all the remasters...I've downloaded all the live shit I could find, and i've even started getting into some solo Sammy and Dave stuff...

Anyway, some of Dave's solo stuff isn't very good, but I have to admit, songs like Yankee Rose, Just Like Paradise, DAmn Good, Sensible Shoes, ALAE, and even Just a Giggolo/CAlifornia girls aren't on par with VH...but, they're so Dave that they make me smile, and feel good, and I like when music does that.

And now, to the point of the story...For many years I have heard DLR fans talk about how DLR Band "BLEW AWAY" VH3...I'm not a huge VH3 fan, but I still found that hard to believe...Well, finally, last week I bought DLR Band and listened the whole way through and I cam to this conclusion.

THAT IS OFFICIALLY THE WORST SOUNDING, MOST CRAPPILY PROUDUCED, STINKY PEICE OF MONKEY TRASH I'VE EVER HEARD...It really makes me think DLR and VH can't reunite...the fact that that's the best he could do after coming out of the MWM/CGTSNM sessions is mind boggling...

Anyway, in my opinion it makes VH3 look like a masterpeice...

But, i'm really interested to hear from people who liked the cd on why they like it? and what songs? so maybe I can change my mind a little.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

sorry bud ....but most of us love 'em all... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'd take anything on the DLR Band disc over insipid lyrics such as "boogieman, he giving me the creeps" and the rest of VH3...

as for what i like on DLR Band...Blacklight, Lose The Dress, King Of The Hill, Tight...love the guitar parts, and Ray's drumming shines throughout. Going Places is a nice mellow change, and Black Sand is a much better closer than How Many Say I.

i didn't like Extreme, and i don't like Cherone's lyrical subjects, a bit too political (Ballot Or The Bullet) at times, and...i don't know. i just didn't care for it. and the unreleased "gem" That's Why I Love You? good gawd, that's bad. Can't Stop Lovin' You, rehashed...

i don't think DLR Band sounds bad overall...just like i don't agree with recent reports of Dave's live sound not being up to par. i've seen Dave twice on this tour, and both times the band sounded good to me, and i've heard Dave sound bad (first half of the ALAE show i went to)...VH3 may have been a stronger disc with a different producer, someone that would crack the whip, not a friend of Ed's that's gonna let just anything get put on disc...funny how Warners pulled rank when they had Mick Jones oversee the recording of 5150, but let Ed and Mike Post go unchecked...Hagar at least had some kind of track record before he joined VH; Cherone's was spotty, at best. but then, Ed had two yes men on board, and got to put out the disc he wanted...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

DLR Band is Dave's worst album solo IMO. But I still like it, it has a few songs that I really like, Slam Dunk!, Tight, and Black Sand. It pales in comparison to Dave's earlier solo albums with Vai and Sheehan. It's a shame that Dave couldn't keep that band together.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've heard about half of the songs from the DLR Band album and I think they're average at best. Not anywhere near the stuff on EEAS and Skyscraper though.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman