Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Just say that Van Halen are in the process of recording (or are about to record) a new album with Sammy Hagar on vocals like so many people around here seem to believe. (I still have my doubts). When it's released will band members refer to their past relationship troubles in interviews?

It occurs to me, (sadly) that Van Halen are always going to be remembered as a joke rather than a kick ass rock band.

If they don't mention their recent break ups and reunions, then the public will suspect their next incarnation is merely a business arrangement that is motivated by money.

If they do mention their recent break ups and reunions - in an attempt to let the world know that they're friends again, then they'll also (inevitably) be digging up the past and rather than focusing on the new music, the press will focus on the soap opera that has been Van Halen the past 6 years (especially.)

I don't see how they can win. Now, having said that, this is not supposed to be an attack on Van Halen. I'm just explaining what I fear may await them should they ever release any new music.

If you were in Eddie and Co's shoes, and you knew mistakes had been made, fans had been left in the dark and ultimately legacies had been tarnished, apart from releasing a brilliant new album, what would you do to win your public back?
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hire me as their PR guy, as long as I can continue to be a profane motherfucker!! [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Fuck people if they're too sensitive and can't handle criticism!! I'll say what needs to be said, not what they wanna hear!!

BTW, Van Halen & PR is an oxymoron [img]smile.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Why does everyone assume that Van Halen look like "assholes" in the eyes of the world. Most people I talk with don't feel this way at all. While they agree the lead singer situations over the years seem a bit strange, they also agree that people are also human and that the media has blown a lot of this shit out of proportion. Most of my friends love classic VH and also dig "Van Hagar." But they all agree that Van Halen music kicks ass! They respect the talent behind the music and sort of look at all the other shit as meaningless. I've also heard many positive comments about VH III. Believe it or not, many feel that it took a lot of BALLS to release something so different on the heels of a singer change. Sort of gives credence to the fact that perhaps Eddie really isn't interested in being a sell out. While VH III tanked compared to previous releases, true fans and other musicians see it for the "Ballsy" risk that it was. I know I respect them for it. Regarding the current hiatus, I initially wanted Dave back in. They've admitted that they have tried and it didn't work. It now sounds like they want to move on and see if the magic with Sam can be captured once again. I for one am all for it. But please, don't generalize the view of Van Halen, many people still respect and appreciatte them for the talented musicians they are! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ October 03, 2002, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: chain ]
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by chain:
    Why does everyone assume that Van Halen look like "assholes" in the eyes of the world. Most people I talk with don't feel this way at all. While they agree the lead singer situations over the years seem a bit strange, they also agree that people are also human and that the media has blown a lot of this shit out of proportion. Most of my friends love classic VH and also dig "Van Hagar." But they all agree that Van Halen music kicks ass! They respect the talent behind the music and sort of look at all the other shit as meaningless. I've also heard many positive comments about VH III. Believe it or not, many feel that it took a lot of BALLS to release something so different on the heels of a singer change. Sort of gives credence to the fact that perhaps Eddie really isn't interested in being a sell out. While VH III tanked compared to previous releases, true fans and other musicians see it for the "Ballsy" risk that it was. I know I respect them for it. Regarding the current hiatus, I initially wanted Dave back in. They've admitted that they have tried and it didn't work. It now sounds like they want to move on and see if the magic with Sam can be captured once again. I for one am all for it. But please, don't generalize the view of Van Halen, many people still respect and appreciatte them for the talented musicians they are! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    yeah... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]