Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, lately I have just been kinda lurking around here, but after taking in some of the latest info to come out (some rumour) here is what I think.

There was a post from someone saying that VH now has all rights to there catalouge and WB won't be releasing any music to radio stations or marketing it (Because they no longer have rights to it):

This leads me to speculate this: It is obvious there are many business items on the agenda that have to be tied up before any move can be made by VH because it is becoming clear to me with this sort of information, reunion or not, VH wants the future to be theirs and theirs to determine. Many bands do this now. To break all ties with a company takes time and is tedius. They very well could have an entire album with DLR, Sammy, or #4 ready to go, but this stuff has to be sorted out first.

Next: If there is a reunion everyone knows it will be a short term cash cow. Now, if I were in the position VH was, call it greedy if you want, but I would want as much of that money to myself as possible, and why not? They are the one's who earn it not WB. People have said here many times that WB may have dropped them cuz there is no DLR. Anyone here think that VH could have said let us out or there is no DLR? Is an expensive game of poker, but given the position VH is in what do they have to lose?

As for Mike Anthony doing some side work, so what? Every other member of Van Halen has done some side projects. I don't see the big deal in this.

Scotty Ross: Why keep someone on the payroll for a job that is not needed at this time? Is bad business sence, especially when it appears we are looking at a lot of legal work, and everyone knows the pace lawyer's work at. Better to let him go till everything is sorted out. He may have wanted to leave, who knows.

I just think that it still may be premature to hit any panick buttons. Weather it is with DLR, Sammy, or dare I say #4, there is most likely another VH album to come yet, but is still going to be a bit more time. The cancer illness most likely put a lot of this off schedule as well.

Just my thought and speculation.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some good arguments in there...

But... hell... it's Van Halen.

I personally wouldn't rule out anything at this time.

But I wouldn't bet on a reunion or even some new releases myself.
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree, some good points you made.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Originally posted by Zadian:
    Every other member of Van Halen has done some side projects. I don't see the big deal in this.
    What has Alex done "solo"???
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by hain23x:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zadian:
    Every other member of Van Halen has done some side projects. I don't see the big deal in this.
    What has Alex done "solo"??? </font>[/QUOTE]After 4 failed marriages, he probably does everything solo. Even a rich rockstar can only afford so much alimony
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hain23x:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zadian:
    What has Alex done "solo"??? </font>[/QUOTE]After 4 failed marriages, he probably does everything solo. Even a rich rockstar can only afford so much alimony </font>[/QUOTE]You would think he would learn after four marriages, I kinda doubt it though. My guess is Al will be married again someday.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.