Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

....posible that Ed is waiting for someone's contract to run out before he does anything?
    I'm not totally up to date on all this, but is Ray Daniels still around (as in 'under contract')?
    Are there any other contracts that he would be waiting to expire before he can do something?
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm pretty sure that the Devil--I mean Ray Danniels, is no longer tied to the band. My guess is that the divorce is the holdup and that once it gets taken care of Eddie can focus on deciding what to do with the band.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now / Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know abou that - Sammy divorced his second wife while he was still in Van Halen and that didn't slow him down. I think what really is the issue is Ed's state of mind. He's been through an awful lot in the last two to three years and it's got to weigh in heavily on his mind. If anything, I think Ed's probably just trying to make sense of his life and find a way to just live for the day once again. He'll get there! We can all say a prayer for the guy - as a human being and not the musical genius that he is - and have some hope that he will get there. With all of the fans good wishes Ed, GET WELL and get back to doing what makes you happy! Then we'll see something happen.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 573 Times in 314 Posts

Donor

According to Sammy, the brothers are involved in a lawsuit vs. Ray, which is part of the reason they can't do anything right now.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pacfanweb:
    According to Sammy, the brothers are involved in a lawsuit vs. Ray, which is part of the reason they can't do anything right now.
    so now Sammy is Van Halen's spokesperson? has anyone notified Starks of this change?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now / Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the praise there Warhead. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In time something will happen. Ed and Al both realize the importance of their role in music history and they truly want to please the fans - as much as all of us on the boards want them to. Take into account all of their comments over the years about "living to play live in front of the fans" and it's easy to see the truth. The fact of the matter is, with Ed going through the toughest battles of his life, all at the same time, the man is going to need time to get it all together. If for nothing else, then for his son. He's a father who has his child to think of first and I for one firmly believe there is NO amount of money that he would settle for, just to take time away from handling his life first. When the time is right, when he's gotten past his legal issues with Daniels, settled things with Valerie amicably, and has his life in balance (making even amounts of time with his son and the rest of his family), THEN and only then should we even begin to hope for new Van Halen material. It will come - let's just be patient folks.

One thing to consider, when bringing up Rush - Neil lost his daughter and his wife in the span of 14 months. He packed up and left everything that he had behind - if any of you have access to "Ghost Rider", Neil's biographical recounting of his "year in hell", I would STRONGLY urge you to read it. It may give you all some perspective as to what Ed is going through. That said, if Ed were to take off the next 4 or 5 years and not tell us anything, I respect him enough to give him his space. I'm also, like all of you - and I know just by the passion and commitment you all speak of Van Halen in that you're in the same boat as I - a fan enough of Van Halen, that when they do resurface, I will be there.

Just keep your fingers crossed for Eddie and say a little prayer. With a lot of love the man will find his way again. And when he is TRULY ready, he will bring Van Halen back to life. With Dave, Sammy, Gary, or someone else - but he will return.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Excellent post totemguitarist. He needs our prayers and support. The guy has gone through the ringer for sure. Think about it this way. What if he is cancer free right now, as well as getting more comfortable in dealing with his separation from Valerie. We just saw that he did jam with Leslie West, so he at the least occasionally has the desire to jam even with all he's been through. And I have no doubt that he still is bouncing stuff of Al up at 5150.

Take all this in, and it looks like Eddie may be to the point where he is ready to play again and try to move on with the band, but the lawsuits with Danniels are holding the whole thing up. Think if this is the case how empty that must make Eddie feel after all he's been through. In theory, judging from what Dave has said, "reunion is inevitable", Sammy, "reunion is inevitable", and at one time or another he also "I'd like to do it with both me and Dave", and then take Mike saying how he'd like to bring it all full circle and do it right one last time for the fans, and it could all be on hold because of this lawsuit bullshit. How could someone who is any kind of fan of rock and roll stand in the way of the biggest and most highly anticipated reunion in the biz. FUCKING MONEY! How much is enough Ray?
    This guy probably made more than most of us will in our lifetimes during the years he actually worked for VH, and way more than the behind the scenes people like crew and techs who are as big a part of making the live show happen as the band when you get down to it. This guy and every other like him are what is wrong with rock and roll and basicly the whole world today. Stay clear of me mother fucker, I will not go quietly!

What you guys say we head to a RUSH show and hunt this scumbag down and work this shit out old-school.

Hang in there Ed, and keep getting better in all ways. It's really not our place to judge Ray Danniels, especially without all the facts, but it's just human nature to believe what Sammy said in that last interview. I imagine the Big Guy who is the final judge on all things might not be so thrilled that ol' Ray is keeping Eddie from sharing the talent he was blessed with, and all for the sake of the mighty dollar. Money truly is the root of all evil, and you can take that to the bank brothers and sisters!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pacfanweb:
    Any proof? I have never read Sammy saying anything about a lawsuit. I had thought VH might be waiting Danniels out so he wouldn't get anymore money on any new music they release, but I haven't heard anything about a lawsuit.

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Totem, I don't know if you play or not, but just think what good therapy it would be for Eddie to be able to get out and play after all he's been through. I'm sure he and Al still tear it up at 5150 when Eddie's up to it and has time, and for all we know, it could be just a matter of time before the legal stuff is over and then Eddie can finally begin the final part of the healing process.

I can't imagine being a musician and not being able to go out and do my thing, especially at a time when it would mean so much, at least in part because of a contract you had signed with a man who was supposed to be on your side. Imagine if Eddie is indeed cancer free, moving on in his personal life, learning to balance his free time when he doesn't have Wolfie, and really chomping at the bit to fix the band in whatever way he has seen fit, if he has even gone that far. I don't think I would handle it all so well myself and that's why it was so good to see that Eddie had jammed with Leslie West at the House of Blues. Maybe, until everything is hashed out and he is 100% confident that it's time to roll, we'll see him out jamming with some of his friends from time to time. I know how a good jam can erase the worst day from your memory and take your attitude to a much better place, and as I've said several times, that is what music was intended to do in the first place, both for those who played it and listened to it. All I can say is FUCK the business part of music and we're behind you Edward! I wish more people cared enough to get involved in threads like this, because even if Eddie doesn't read the internet, I'm sure friends of his do, and they might turn him on to some good words, that surely wouldn't do anything but help after all the slagging the guy's taken the last few years. He deserves better from the fans, that is for sure.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?