Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally found my way to this website. Very interesting in reading fellow fans of the greatest band that ever played. One topic I haven't seen discussed (unless it's already been talked into the ground) is the Hall of Fame possiblities next year being 25 years after Van Halen I.

When inducted, if not next year, what singers will they take, and how will everything go down? It obviously would be quite a scene. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

I finally got to visit the hall a few months ago and something didn't seem right without the hall being Van Halenized. All I can hope for is that they get inducted and I suddenly meet someone in the Record Biz who can get me in to see it.
    I'd love to hear some thoughts about this...
    I don't feel tardy

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since Van Halen isn't political rock, I'm not sure when they will be inducted. The Hall of Fame has made some strange selections in recent years while leaving out deserving bands like AC/DC.

When Balance was released in 1995, Eddie said that Dave would be invited back to perform with the band when they are inducted. Eddie said that Dave was a huge part of their success so he deserved to be there (Sammy supposedly did not like the idea of sharing the mic with Dave). Things have obviously changed since then, but I would hope that no matter what form the band takes the next few years that Dave and Sammy are invited to perform with the band.
    "Running the ball is like making romance..."

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the way this summer is going, i wouldn't be surprised if Ed, Al, and Mike didn't show, leaving Dave and Sam to do the honors...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

08.11.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I think this is one of the reasons for the "Sam and Dave" tour. Both of these guys are fully aware that VH becomes eligible in 2003- it's all about politics.

This tour certainly has brought a lot of attention to the music of Van Halen and will continue to do so throughout this year. The past few years VH, for all practical purposes has been missing in action. They could be inducted next year, but a lot of bands there now were not elected the first year. This extra publicity could push them over the edge and into the Hall.

If VH is elected next year, I don't know who decides if Dave or Sammy or both go in. I tried searching the RRHOF website and couldn't find any such information.

Knowing this, Dave and Sam sure want to keep their names out there and by touring together they have done that. Ah, the power of marketing.

Of course the writers, or whoever casts the votes, could really screw things up and just vote in Eddie.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it seems the HOF foundation inducts the "significant" members. they do go against that trend, some members of Santana that fans felt were important were left out when they were inducted. i'd say Dave and Sam get in, i don't know if you'll find enough people who think Cherone did anything worthwhile enough to get in. but then Ed may say "we all get in, or we don't do it..." who knows. i'm sure a VH induction won't be without it's share of controversy...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10