Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

1978-2002
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen pulled the plug on the Pleasure Dome because Dave isn't in their plans and they are trying to say something by not saying anything?

If the case then why not just come out and say that they are not going to work with Dave and are looking or have found someone else?

I believe that Dave is in their future/current plans.
    If not Eddie would have come out and say that he isn't. Say what you want about Ed, but he does talk (trash) about his singers (other than Gary) when things go awry. His silence about the current situation speaks louder that words could right now.

I think that Ed learned alot from the 1996 MTV debacle, and isn't closing any doors as far as past singers returning. In time he and Sam will have to talk to one another and then peace can be achieved in the "Van Halen World."

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Considering the timing of WHEN they pulled the plug on the Dump, I think just the opposite is true. Somebody... Eddie, Alex, the lawyers or whomever was pissed that Mikey spilled his guts to fans in Arizona, and even more pissed that nobody believed Brad when he tried to discredit the story. This made it look like a total coverup on behalf of $tark$ and/or Van Halen Inc.

The real question is: Did $tarks kill the board on his own, or was he ordered to do so?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> FORD Considering the timing of WHEN they pulled the plug on the Dump, I think just the opposite is true. Somebody... Eddie, Alex, the lawyers or whomever was pissed that Mikey spilled his guts to fans in Arizona, and even more pissed that nobody believed Brad when he tried to discredit the story. This made it look like a total coverup on behalf of $tark$ and/or Van Halen Inc.
    The real question is: Did $tarks kill the board on his own, or was he ordered to do so?
    <hr></blockquote>

&lt;yawn&gt; Tune in next week to X-Files where the truth will be revealed.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Ford: More like Brad Starks starring in the soap opera "Days of our LIES".[QUOTE]

LMAO What hat do you pull these lines out of?
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Little Mikey:
    Van Halen pulled the plug on the Pleasure Dome because Dave isn't in their plans <hr></blockquote>I think it's VERY possible that the PD was pulled because of Dave not being in their plans. If Dave isn't in their plans, why keep up a board that is nothing but a lightning rod for anger and abuse? And I don't even see the board coming back unless Dave becomes involved with the band again.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Perhaps somebody finally realized what a PR/marketing disaster the PD had become. I doubt it had anything to do with Dave or the band being idle.

If the band had just not tried so damn hard to alienate their fans, the PD would be something that could sustain the fan base. It became something that fermented anger and disgust.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I think it's VERY possible that the PD was pulled because of Dave not being in their plans. If Dave isn't in their plans, why keep up a board that is nothing but a lightning rod for anger and abuse? And I don't even see the board coming back unless Dave becomes involved with the band again.<hr></blockquote>

Glenn, since by your own admission, you didn't go to the Pasture Dump very often (not that I can blame you), perhaps you are unaware of the situation that immediately preceeded the Dump's closing.

Michael Anthony made an appearance in Phoenix AZ where he told 2 fans that the band was indeed back together and that an album would be released this spring with a tour to follow. These 2 fans, FullBugAZ and rolsguitars, were regulars on the boards, including the PD, the Army, and here at Links as well. Naturally, they posted what Mikey had said. Brad immediately called their story "bullshit". Even the SHEEP got pissed off at him this time, realizing that the information was coming from verified sources (unlike, say for example, the situation here yesterday) and that the only thing that was "bullshit" was Starks' blanket denial of what a band member had said. For about a week, thread after thread was posted at the Dump calling Brad to task for his irresponsible actions. He refused to respond to any of them and deleted many of them. And then the board just mysteriously disappears. So any "anger and abuse" directed at Starks or the band there was of their own creation.

We know Dave is currently preparing a solo project for release, but that does not neccessarily mean that a Van Halen album and tour are not planned for later this year. What it comes down to here is that either Mikey was lying or Starks was. In the past, it has always seemed like Mikey was the one reasonably honest person within the VH camp, which is probably why he's not allowed to talk much. If they had no plans including Dave, why would Mikey say so, and also, why would Starks and/or managment yank the board, knowing damn well a coverup would be suspected, if they had nothing to hide?

The most logical explanation is that Mikey, probably intoxicated at the time, said "too much" and Starks' denial was just too little too late. Calling the fans "liars" really doesn't go over that well with the public, even the sheep!
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zadian:

Tune in next week to X-Files where the truth will be revealed.
    <hr></blockquote>

Nope, not the X Files. More like Brad Starks starring in the soap opera "Days of our LIES".

Or I guess you haven't seen that thread in main?
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, I know the whole story of the Arizona Incident (possible VH album title right there ). In my initial post here I was going to mention that that incident certainly pokes holes in my speculation, but I didn't bother for the simple reason that virtually EVERY theory regarding VH has holes in it.

It's obviously possible that Dave is in the plans currently. But I still fall back on the idea that if Dave isn't in their plans, the PD is nothing but a haven for anger and dissention. Whether that anger and dissention is deserved, that's another story entirely.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

The truth is out there. - Fox Mulder
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Raldo:
    The truth is out there. - Fox Mulder<hr></blockquote>

Ah, but where is Mulder? And did that shit suck last night or what??
    Eat Us And Smile