Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy's quotes in the press regarding Dave have proven that he's either insecure, egotistical or just plain rude with a lack of class. Dave, for the most part, has remained a gentleman in the press regarding Sam. While Dave's quotes have showed an air of friendly competition, Sam's have consistently been bash laden. Why? At the same time, Sam is still behind a Sam & Dave reunion tour with Van Halen. If he still has such a bad opinion of Dave, why would he even consider doing such a tour? A noble move for the fans? I think not. He knows many of the fans, and I'd say a majority of VH fans, want to see DLR reunite with Van Halen. Sam also knows the pay day would be astronomical. Don't be fooled by Sam's "charity" quote. This guy's a businessman. It's also obvious Dave's ego is larger than Mount Everest, and I'm sure it has been the root of a few bumps on the tour, but Sammy needs to give up on the easy way out of criticizing Dave. He needs to realize that he and Dave are two different rock 'n' roll animals. Sammy's got the pipes and Dave has the stage presence. Sam should watch more than a few minutes of Dave's set and see that Dave wasn't just the best rock frontman of the '80s, but he still is one of the greatest of all time.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

03.03.11 @ 01:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hasn't Sam had to open at least 2 show that he was suppose to close due to "technical" difficuties? Its possible that some unprofessionalism led to Sam's frustration, But I agree that even being a Sam fan that I would rather he not rip Roth in the media
    It's good to be the King or at least know him.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You want to talk about who has class??????

Well look no further because here is a list of events that certify David Lee Roth’s gentleman like class:

1) March 16, 2002 - Roth Being Sued Again
    David Lee Roth is the subject of yet another law suit. This one sees Roth being sued by Louis J. Gavrel, a Texas booking agent/tour manager for non-payment of $51,200 plus an additional $17,081 in attorney's fees. Full details of the story can be found in the Houston Chronicle.

2) November 9, 2001 - The New York Post reported today that the Manhattan-based public relations firm 2 Guys Who Do Ads is suing David Lee Roth. The lawsuit was filed yesterday in the Manhattan State Supreme Court and charges that the former Van Halen frontman owes the company $110,428.91 in outstanding fees.

3) Roth Sues VanHalenStore.com
    February 17, 2001 - In a move that is sure to shock fans, David Lee Roth has sued the web site VanHalenStore.com for violation of the Consumers Legal Remedies Act. The lawsuit was filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday February 15, 2001.

The suit states that VanHalenStore.com, along with Canelles Design Group, the Inside, Hostmaster/Datapipe and Hi Speed Posting "conspired to create a Web site called VanHalenStore.com to use in the fraudulent sale of purported 'official' Van Halen and Roth merchandise from the Web site."

4) David Lee Roth Drops Lawsuit Against VanHalenStore.com
    Everything that VanHalenStore.com sells is 100% legal and legit.
    April 29, 2002 - Both parties have agreed to the following statement regarding the outcome of the lawsuit:
    "David Lee Roth and Jeff Hausman, owner of VanHalenStore.com and The Inside magazine, have settled all of their disputes to their mutual satisfaction. Mr. Roth has determined that nothing illegal has been done by Mr. Hausman, The Inside, or VanHalenStore.com and he has decided to drop his lawsuit in this regard."
    What is understood, need not be discussed.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so being the target of a lawsuit, or filing one, shows a lack of class?

it's getting re-god-damn-diculous around here...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    so being the target of a lawsuit, or filing one, shows a lack of class?

it's getting re-god-damn-diculous around here...
    You said it brother!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look at it this way, if Dave had any class he would never have been sued as many times as he has been.

1) Sammy is mad because Dave cannot seem to go through with what they agreed upon.

2) Sammy has had to open a few shows that he initially was supposed to close because Dave was having problems.

3) The Sam and Dave show cancelled a few shows because of Dave.

4) The last show to end the tour was cancelled because Dave wanted to play Madison Square Garden and not the venue they were billed for.

6) Dave agreed to go out with Sammy on stage one night and later refused to do it. The little prick had his manager tell Sammy that Dave could not go out there with him because he was hung over from the night before.

7) At the very beginning of the tour, Sammy publicly thanked Dave at the shows for inviting him to do the tour while Dave was talking’ trash the next day.

Look at it how you want, but facts are facts and IMHO I don’t blame Sammy, Eddie, Alex and Mike for not wanting to work with person with such horrible work ethics.
    What is understood, need not be discussed.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

How is Jeff Scott Soto's work ethic? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm sorry Blotcher but I couldn't resist. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Blotcher, you forgot Dave suing his home owner's insurance company a few years back.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In regards to "class," I wasn't referring to the problems Dave may have caused on tour. I was simply stating that Sam seems to be nonchalantly throwing out jabs at Dave, while Dave's press statements have been more benign. Does Dave have a huge ego? Yes. According to Sam's accounts, could Dave be handling himself better on tour in an organizational sense? Yes. Does this give Sam the right to liberally make fun of the guy who's helping him sell tickets? I don't think so. Simply, I think it's uncool for Sammy to bash Dave regardless of any of the snafus that have occurred on tour.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Western Exterminator:
    In regards to "class," I wasn't referring to the problems Dave may have caused on tour. I was simply stating that Sam seems to be nonchalantly throwing out jabs at Dave, while Dave's press statements have been more benign. Does Dave have a huge ego? Yes. According to Sam's accounts, could Dave be handling himself better on tour in an organizational sense? Yes. Does this give Sam the right to liberally make fun of the guy who's helping him sell tickets? I don't think so. Simply, I think it's uncool for Sammy to bash Dave regardless of any of the snafus that have occurred on tour.
    It's all hype man. Get a clue. Enough of these bashing threads. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The hell it's hype. I'm sure when some folks hear Sam's unflattering description of Dave's performance, they think twice about purchasing tickets to the show. It's not building up hype at all. It's counterproductive. Sam's obviously irritated, and he's throwing out somewhat harsh quotes out of frustration. This isn't a "bashing thread." I'm simply calling Sam on his crappy quotes in the press.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.16.05 @ 07:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

when the tour initialy was announced, the theme of the tour was the confrontation of the two frontmen of Van Halen (well, the ones that lasted more than one album anyway). I would have expected some trash talk. The fact that Sammy is bashing Dave in the media, whether any of us like it or not, is making sales go up. There are those in the ticket buying public that will go, not just for the entertainment value of hearing both Sammy and Dave, but also to see if any fireworks will occur during the show. I wento to the show in San Antonio, and the ONLY reference made regarding Dave was when he did the "reached down, between my legs" shtick. As this is hardly a hit on Dave, it can be said that the evening passed without a hitch. Both of the former frontmen did an outstanding job and left the crow feeling great. Dave surprised me by his energy, even if he doesn't have the moves he had 20 years ago.
    In my opinion, the "bashing" is akin to the pre fight press show put on by boxers, and it is expected.

If you really think that this is not done to sell tickets (whether it works or not), then you probably think pro wrestling is real too.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pro wrestling is real and the moon walk was fake. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Depends on what day it is
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blotcher:
    Look at it this way, if Dave had any class he would never have been sued as many times as he has been.

1) Sammy is mad because Dave cannot seem to go through with what they agreed upon.

2) Sammy has had to open a few shows that he initially was supposed to close because Dave was having problems.

3) The Sam and Dave show cancelled a few shows because of Dave.

4) The last show to end the tour was cancelled because Dave wanted to play Madison Square Garden and not the venue they were billed for.

6) Dave agreed to go out with Sammy on stage one night and later refused to do it. The little prick had his manager tell Sammy that Dave could not go out there with him because he was hung over from the night before.

7) At the very beginning of the tour, Sammy publicly thanked Dave at the shows for inviting him to do the tour while Dave was talking’ trash the next day.

Look at it how you want, but facts are facts and IMHO I don’t blame Sammy, Eddie, Alex and Mike for not wanting to work with person with such horrible work ethics.
    And you're basing all this on what?...What Sam has said! This IS NOT the way these things happened. And this comes to me from someone who has first hand knowledge of whats going on...You one the other hand get your "knowledge" from press reports from and insecure wanna be, that has to slam Dave every chance he gets just to try and make himself look better!
    <b><i>"You make conversation but she's listening to your cash!"</i></b><br /> <a href="mailto:blueeyedmurder@rayluzier.com">blueeye dmurder@rayluzier.com</a> <br /><b>RayLuzier.com Webmaster</b><br /><b><a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.RayLuzier.com</b></a>

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by blueeyedmurder:
    And you're basing all this on what?...What Sam has said! This IS NOT the way these things happened. And this comes to me from someone who has first hand knowledge of whats going on...You one the other hand get your "knowledge" from press reports from and insecure wanna be, that has to slam Dave every chance he gets just to try and make himself look better!
    Okay, since you have "first hand knowledge ", what really happened...
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie