Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: New Van Halen

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I say the new Van Halen will outsell 1013, at least ten times over.

------------------
    Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Given that Ten13 has only sold around 100 000 copies, I think that's a pretty safe bet. I would hope that the new VH album would sell a million copies in a pretty short period of time.

I don't think this could ever happen, but if the new VH album was to sell less than a million copies, I think the reunion would be pretty short lived. I can't see Eddie wanting to continue touring with the spectacle of a Dave VH show without selling a good amount of his current music.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I sure hope the new album sells over one million copies. Hopefully all the old fans of DLR with Van Halen will buy it and also go to the concerts when they tour.

------------------
    "We will be making some announcements very soon. All I can really tell you is we're in the studio working on new material, there will be a new Van Halen coming out, and it sounds great." --Michael Anthony, 1/22/01

Dan Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Someone has a firm grasp of the obvious

Realistically, I'd say drawing just from the crowd that bought BoV1 for the two new songs, we're probably looking at about AT LEAST 2 million units pushed out the door, with 3 a bit more respectable given this is a full new album and not a two song mess that had blown up before anything was released.

About the only way you can hope to push more is to have either a cross-over hit the likes of what Jump did for them, or get the right mix to appeal to the unwashed youth of America that is identifying with some of the "rock" acts out there right now.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they market it right (to more than just us goodfball hardcore fanatics) Van Halen's new album will go to the top of the charts no doubt about it. How long will it stay there? That's another matter...

I predict it will sell between 2 and 3 million copies. I don't see it much more than that unless there is a big crossover hit like someone else said earlier in this thread.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

AFU/Naturally Wired
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm with ya fellow "clunkhead" VH fans. I say 2-3 million, with 3 being a stretch. With a new full album, the first million will probably come quick. They'll definitely need a crossover hit to go past 3 mil.

With the state of rock these days, VH needs to capture this group of kids who think that rock is Limp Bizkut and Korn. Those types of bands fill a need, but let's face it, all of us really know what VH would do to bands like Bizkut and Korn. Cmon, it's really no contest, is it?

Rock is SCREAMING for a band to take it over again. The lack of talent out there is sickening. It seems to happen once a decade. The 70's were Zeppelin and partially Aerosmith, the 80's were VH, the 90's were GNR and then Nirvana. We're waiting for that next band to take rock to the next level. It'd be nice to have VH bring everyone along for the next kick ass ride.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It would be nice to just go back to music that was fun to listen to and you could air guitar to. The shit of the 90's era and it's lame mindless riffs just makes me want to hurl. These new bands blow and they all sound alike. Bring the music of the 70's and 80's back. Bring back the fun!!!

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Yeah , no shit! What happened to the days when you could air-guitar to most of the good music that came out? This world is going to hell in a handbasket I tell ya!

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...