Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

People, it's over, my hopes for a Dave reunion with Van Halen are gone.... Ain't gonna happen!!
    Obviously, I love all Van Halen eras and I will love to see Van Halen with a new singer. what do
    you thing about Ralph Saenz?? He sounds like Dave and actually he's singing like the old Dave with all the screems. People are saying that Sebastian Bach, but I do believe that the best choice is Ralph Saenz. He's the only one that sounds like the real Van Halen. We're not gonna get any reunion. They don't like each other, they hate each other and it's obvious is not gonna work...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Oddly enough, there's a topic in the Opinions forum where I suggested the same thing. I was kidding a little bit, however, but just the same, here's the link to that topic.

http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ult...=001344#000006

Welcome to the Links. This is really an Opinions/Speculation topic, so I'm going to send it to that forum now to be continued. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, Fake Journey and Fake Priest are doing so great with their karaoke singers, why not?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So FORD, you don't mind Dave employing an Eddie clone but do mind Eddie employing a Dave clone?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gee, Glenn, are you suggesting FORD is practicing hypocracy?

Perish the thought!
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member
    No way Eddie would have a Dave/VH tribute singer in the band. However I did see where Ralph said once he would take that job IF offered to him. Will never happen.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    So FORD, you don't mind Dave employing an Eddie clone but do mind Eddie employing a Dave clone?
    As Meatloaf once said...........

"You took the words right out of my mouth."

Hell, they tried to make Gary sound like Sammy, why not go for the original this time around?

Mike said that they are going after the early VH sound.
    But maybe he meant the VERY eraly VH sound. You know, the sound they made before they took up instuments.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave hired Bart Walsh for one reason: To give Van Halen fans what they wanted. A classic Van HALEN show, or the closest thing possible to it. Now that Dave appears to be resuming his solo career, Bart is out and Toshi is in.

Eddie was a hypocrite for firing Sammy Hagar and then trying to make Gary Cherone sound like Sammy. He would be a bigger hypocrite if he claimed the excuse of "not wanting to be a nostalgia act" (despite the VDIII tour set list)and then hired a singer who looks and sounds like David Lee Roth. Furthermore, if the performance of Van Hagar material is an issue, he couldn't expect a Dave clone to do it any more than expecting Dave to do it.

Or are you suggesting he also hire David "Sammy" Russell from the 5150 Van Hagar tribute band?
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great post, FORD!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

FORD, forget about what Eddie says about nostalgia for a second; we all know Eddie changes opinions as it suits him. We already know he can be a hypocrite, right? Funny, he said he'd never work with Dave again a thousand times, but I'll bet you have no problem if he goes back on his word about that! His hypocrisy only seems to bug you when the outcome is unfavorable.

The fundamental question at hand is, why is it cool for Dave to hire an Eddie clone, but it's not okay for Eddie to hire a Dave clone?

If Dave's pushing for 50% (rumor, but play along) then Eddie would be going with Ralph to give the fans as close to a classic VH show as possible, right? Why are you praising Dave for doing that, yet Eddie would be out of line to do that?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

If Dave is pushing for 50% of the pie I'd tell him to shove it. As for Ralph I personally don't think it's a good idea. Is this guy any type of a sgwriter? What would a new album sound like with the guy? I don't just want to hear the classics, I also want some good new material.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

First of all, this idea of Dave pushing for 50% is bullshit. It was never confirmed by anything resembling a reliable source, and if I remember correctly originated from that Timothy AZ Page goatfucking idiot.

What is far more likely is that Eddie insisted on himself and Alex getting a higher percentage than Dave and Mikey, which is complete and utter crap. If it is anything other than a 4 way 25% split than it would have to be an equal cut for Dave and Eddie, as the songwriters, with a lower percentage for Mikey & Alex.

And Glenn, if Eddie threw away his WB contract simply to avoid working with Dave, which seems to be the prevailing theory, then it's clear that he would rather perform cheese ballads with a karaoake singer in Denny's lounge than end his career on a positive note by bringing the real Van HALEN back to the fans. That being the case, it would be highly unlikely that even the most dedicated Eddie worshipping sheep would tolerate hiring a Dave clone, or a Sammy clone, for that matter. Gary may have tried and/or have been electronically altered to sound like Sammy, but with his dyed hair (different color every week), Italian suits, and ballerina/ass fingering stage act, he certainly didn't look like Hagar
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by FORD:
    First of all, this idea of Dave pushing for 50% is bullshit. It was never confirmed by anything resembling a reliable source, and if I remember correctly originated from that Timothy AZ Page goatfucking idiot.
    FORD, I said it was a rumor and used the word 'if'; at no point did I present this as a fact. All I'm asking you to do is pretend for a second that Dave is part of the problem. Relax, you won't go to hell for having thinking a negative thought about Dave for 10 seconds. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What is far more likely is that Eddie insisted on himself and Alex getting a higher percentage than Dave and Mikey, which is complete and utter crap.
    So apparently you don't mind creating your own scenarios, you just refuse to play along with mine!

FORD, you're a riot. Another post where you ignore the question, ramble on about sheep, while at the same time utterly refusing to even entertain a notion that might (oh, the horror!!!) portray Dave in anything less than a glowing light.

Same animal, different barn!!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Glenn:
    FORD, I said it was a rumor and used the word 'if'; at no point did I present this as a fact.

I didn't say you did. But over at the Pasture Dome, that rumor was treated as the gospel truth by the sheep when the story was first hatched. And you can see that some of them still believe it.

All I'm asking you to do is pretend for a second that Dave is part of the problem. Relax, you won't go to hell for having thinking a negative thought about Dave for 10 seconds. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If that were the case, I would have gone to Hell in 1985

So apparently you don't mind creating your own scenarios, you just refuse to play along with mine!

I can't play along with the idea that Dave asked for 50%, because it's too ridiculous. Dave has made no bones about the fact that he wants a Van HALEN reunion since 1996. And if Eddie doesn't want one, then the idea of hiring Ralph would be even more ridiculous.

FORD, you're a riot. Another post where you ignore the question, ramble on about sheep, while at the same time utterly refusing to even entertain a notion that might (oh, the horror!!!) portray Dave in anything less than a glowing light.

Same animal, different barn!!

Anyone with functioning eyes and ears can tell that it has been Eddie who has been the main roadblock to a Van Halen reunion since 1996. Fault Dave all you want for 1985, he certainly deserves a big chunk of the blame for that. But not for the last 6 years.
    Eat Us And Smile

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

let face it ford is a lee roth fan, like you said its ok for dave to get a eddie sound alike, but God forbid eddie get a dave sound alike, christ that would be the end of the world.also eddie does not want to work with dave, not saying eddie did not like what roth brought to the band, and i bet he would love to get that old sound again. why put two people together that cant stand each other? if eddie can get someone to give him what he wants sound wise then so be it. and if the album was great with a 4th singer you would be in line to get it just like the rest of us. you are a diehard dave era fan that is great, but as a fan of van halen we should stick by them no matter what that is a true fan, point and case look at all the red sox fans that stick by them those are true fans. i know i'm compareing baseball and music but a fan is a fan no matter what it is.

[ February 10, 2002 at 11:30 AM: Message edited by: joe318 ]</p>
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.