Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i wasn't around the boards for a couple of weeks so i don't know if this has been brought up. if it has then feel free to close it and point me in the right direction for the topic.

in the interview Sammy makes it clear that what has happened with vh is in the past and although it was good there is no chance for him returning. strangely, Dave spends most of the article taking shots at the vh bros and yet still maintains a reunion inevitable. in my opinion it seems that Dave believes vh need him so he can do and say whatever he wants and they'll still beg him to come back.

[ June 09, 2002, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Bammo ]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bammo:
    i wasn't around the boards for a couple of weeks so i don't know if this has been brought up. if it has then feel free to close it and point me in the right direction for the topic.

in the interview Sammy makes it clear that what has happened with vh is in the past and although it was good there is no chance for him returning. strangely, Dave spends most of the article taking shots at the vh bros and yet still maintains a reunion inevitable. in my opinion it seems that Dave believes vh need him so he can do and say whatever he wants and they'll still beg him to come back.
    Well they may not beg, but I bet one day that offer will be made to Roth. Let's not forget all the pot-shots taken at the singers by the VH bros. They are running equal on that. This whole tour with Sammy and David almost makes the VH bros. seem irrelavent and stubborn. Dave and Sammy are taking it to the people...giving them the next best thing if VH won't get back together in any recognizable form.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:48 AM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

Ain't it strange how adults can act like children?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by AlexFan:
    Well they may not beg, but I bet one day that offer will be made to Roth.
    How many offers do they need to make to him before it becomes obvious it won't work? We're already up to three tries (1978-1985, 1996, 2000).
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AlexFan:
    How many offers do they need to make to him before it becomes obvious it won't work? We're already up to three tries (1978-1985, 1996, 2000).</font>[/QUOTE]Exactly. It is highly unlikely that there are EVER going to be another offer from EVH to DLR to take over the lead singer reins. My guess is that EVH, AVH and Mikey will play with both DLR and Sammy when they get inducted into the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 but that'll be it.

But is there any scenario that could result in another offer from EVH to DLR (& even Sammy)? I have one but that is if Ė- and thatís a very big ďifĒ Ė- the VH brothers want to remove some of the bad feelings that have been created over the past six years among their fans and repair the badly damaged legacy of VH. For argumentís sake, if they did want to retire the band's name by going out on a high note, they could bite their tongues, record an album with both DLR and Sammy and do a one-time pay-per-view concert with both vocalists. Maybe the album could even be a double-album with each singer providing the lyrics and vocals on an equal amount of songs. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I'm sure they could figure out a way to have minimal personal contact with each other during the recording process and the one-time PPV event would eliminate any long tours where they could get on each others' nerves. I know some have said that an album created without much personal contact will suck because of the lack of chemistry among the band members. But werenít many of EVHís guitar parts on ďFair WarningĒ recorded when the rest of the band was not even in the studio?

I think most fans would be happy with this scenario and then the band name "Van Halen" could be retired, with EVH, AVH and Mikey doing whatever musical projects they wanted to do together or separately in the future (as long as they didn't call it "Van Halen"). I could live with all of this happening, but even this scenario is highly unlikely.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AlexFan:
    How many offers do they need to make to him before it becomes obvious it won't work? We're already up to three tries (1978-1985, 1996, 2000).</font>[/QUOTE]As many times as it takes, it the only way out! As long as they don't make an offer to Spammy. They already made that mistake in '85/'86.

You will realize this when you become an adult.

BTW, 1978-1985 worked out just fine. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Sammy Who?:
    Guess you haven't learned it yourself then [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sammy Who?:
    Guess you haven't learned it yourself then [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Is school out yet for summer

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i started this thread to discuss a recent interview, not for two of you to argue who's more mature.

if the next few posts aren't about the topic then i'll just ask the mods to close the thread

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bammo:
    i started this thread to discuss a recent interview, not for two of you to argue who's more mature.

if the next few posts aren't about the topic then i'll just ask the mods to close the thread
    I personally apologize (sp?)

Sorry Stuff

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I read the article, it was pretty cool. I didn't really pick up on any heavy bashing the VH brothers but maybe if I read it again with the mind set that there are implied jabs but none spoken outright I might pick up on something different. I'll have to find that magazine and read that interview again.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

firstly thanks sammy who for responding so well, a lot of people would have kept it going [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

nxtvanhalen. : the first time i read it i thought roth was mostly against a reunion by things he implied but re-reading it it it is apparent that sammy's most against a reunion saying "I don't think it's ever gonna happen for either one of us." weird cos this contradicts the latest thing in usa today where sammy says he'd like to see what he and eddie would come up with now he's progressed as a songwriter.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where there is one section that (to me any way) makes it appartent who wants a reunion and who doesn't.

Guitar World-In any way could this tour be a warm up of sorts for a Van Halen reunion?
    David lee Roth-Every thing exists on its own merits and this tour is no exception. But I certainly donít discount the Idea of a reunion and I would relish it, I think itís absolutely inevitable. Itís a part of the American Cultural landscape. My voice and Eddieís guitar are as familiar as the golden arches or the shape of foot ball or the silhouette of someone doing the peace sign or Alfred E Neuman or the shape of a Gibson Les Paul or Miss October.
    but in the very next thing he says
    GW-Is there any thing in the Works?
    DLR-Thereís nothing going on. there is no communication. And if Rothís not in the band and the bandís not on tour who give a flying fuck? Weíve been talking about it for 15 years. Suit up, show up or donít. But that itemís on the menu and one day itís gonna happen.
    Hagar I donítí think it is every gonna happen for either one of us. Ed and Al have a problem that none of us understand and maybe itís because Eddieís real ill. But there is something definitely wrong. Those guys have been out of it so ling and they have no record and no nothing.

So who the hell knows.

[ June 15, 2002, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: NxtVanHalen. ]