Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen is not Eddie, Alex, Mikey and insert singer here... just thought I'd say that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas and have a happy New year. May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand for the rest of your days.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Van Halen to me was Dave, Ed, Mike and Alex. Van Hagar was another band, as was Gary Halen.
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

07.10.16 @ 08:46 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redfire:
    Van Halen is not Eddie, Alex, Mikey and insert singer here... just thought I'd say that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas and have a happy New year. May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand for the rest of your days.
    <hr></blockquote>

If it isn't them then who is it Einstein???
    Andrew -"People within the industry often have colorful descriptions when talking about Dave".
    Sammy- "He's wacky man…he's as wacky as a motherfucker…but at least you know what you get". Melodicrock interview with Sammy 08/2006

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Van Halen is not...

a band anymore.

Basically, they're a figment of our imaginations.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SORRY BUT VAN HALEN IS EDDIE,ALEX,MIKE, AND WHOEVER FUCKIN SINGS FOR THEM LIKE IT OR NOT. A TRUE VAN HALEN FAN WILL ALWAYS STAND BY VAN HALEN NO MATTER WHO SINGS OR WHAT THEY DO.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

fuck that. a "true" van halen fan doesn't mean you're satisfied with who sings. what bullshit.
    everyone has a preference, what a cop out!

no matter who sings? such as eddie van halen with michael jackson? is that why beat it was on fair warning? fuck!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Being a Van Halen fan doesn't mean that you have to like whatever they put out. But I like everything they released with Dave and Sammy and I even have 3. Saying someone isn't a true Van Halen fan because they don't like a certain era is stupid. Would you buy a VH album that you hate just because it's VH?
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by joe318:
    SORRY BUT VAN HALEN IS EDDIE,ALEX,MIKE, AND WHOEVER FUCKIN SINGS FOR THEM LIKE IT OR NOT. A TRUE VAN HALEN FAN WILL ALWAYS STAND BY VAN HALEN NO MATTER WHO SINGS OR WHAT THEY DO.<hr></blockquote>

Are you serious? Are you tryin' to play Devil's Advocate or are you juss a no-bizness born rat-soup eaten insecure junkyard MOTHERFUCKER?????? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by joe318:
    SORRY BUT VAN HALEN IS EDDIE,ALEX,MIKE, AND WHOEVER FUCKIN SINGS FOR THEM LIKE IT OR NOT. A TRUE VAN HALEN FAN WILL ALWAYS STAND BY VAN HALEN NO MATTER WHO SINGS OR WHAT THEY DO.<hr></blockquote>

No, Van Halen is not Ed, Al, Mike and insert singer here. You can't take John Bonham out of LZ and still expect it to be LZ. You can't take John Lennon out the Beatles and expect them to still be the Beatles. I have all the albums too. I like parts of 3. I like lots of things Hagar did. But my point was this, people say Van Halen is this, Van Halen is that... I'm saying Van Halen is not 3 solid members plus whoever feels like singin.

Deep Purple wasn't Deep Purple without Blackmore, or Gillian.

Iron Maiden wasn't Maiden with Blaze.

Van Halen isn't Van Halen if it's Ed, Al, Mike, Sebastian Bach or Axl Rose, Billy Corgan or who the fuck ever. It doesn't work that way.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Who is Van Halen??????

These and other questions answered in the Opinions Forum. [img]smile.gif[/img] See ya over there.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Iron Maiden wasn't Maiden with Blaze.
    <hr></blockquote>Why was it okay to call it Iron Maiden after Paul DiAnno left?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Van Halen" is whatever any individual thinks they are. If your personal opinion is that only Dave, Alex, Ed & Mike are "Van Halen", then to you, that's who they are. Conversely, if another person thinks that "Van Halen" was still "Van Halen" with either Sammy or even Gary, then that's what "Van Halen" is to them. No one preference is "right" or "wrong" in the grand scheme of things to anyone but the individual holding the OPINION. Only when people mix ignorance, intolerance and arrogance to the point where they begin berating others for having the temerity to hold a different opinion than their own does it become a problem. Opinions are nothing more than just that, and thank God everyone doesn't share the same opinion on everything, or the world would be one mind-numbingly fucking boring place to live!

Remember kiddies... an "opinion" is NOT a "fact", it is merely a subjective, personal, mental picture of a concept, based soley upon one's own priorities and tastes, which differ greatly from person to person. It's called "diversity", and it is the heart of the saying; "Variety is the spice of life!", which, when you give it a chance, is one of the wisest and truest sayings you'll ever hear.

Think about it...

SBS

[ December 29, 2001 at 04:14 PM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]</p>
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    "Van Halen" is whatever any individual thinks they are. If your personal opinion is that only Dave, Alex, Ed & Mike are "Van Halen", then to you, that's who they are. Conversely, if another person thinks that "Van Halen" was still "Van Halen" with either Sammy or even Gary, then that's what "Van Halen" is to them. No one preference is "right" or "wrong" in the grand scheme of things to anyone but the individual holding the OPINION. Only when people mix ignorance, intolerance and arrogance to the point where they begin berating others for having the temerity to hold a different opinion than their own does it become a problem. Opinions are nothing more than just that, and thank God everyone doesn't share the same opinion on everything, or the world would be one mind-numbingly fucking boring place to live!

Remember kiddies... an "opinion" is NOT a "fact", it is merely a subjective, personal, mental picture of a concept, based soley upon one's own priorities and tastes, which differ greatly from person to person. It's called "diversity", and it is the heart of the saying; "Variety is the spice of life!", which, when you give it a chance, is one of the wisest and truest sayings you'll ever hear.

Think about it...

SBS

[ December 29, 2001 at 04:14 PM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Ok, that's all well and good. Everyone around here should have figured that out back last January or so. The fact of the matter is this, in a 4 piece band, you can't add and take away anything and call it the same. If Ed (by some fucked up way) got kicked out of VH and it was Dave, Al, Mike and .... I don't know Nuno Bettencourt, would it still be Van Halen? It has 3 out the 4 original members, just like when it's Ed, Al and Mike. If I was lead singer for VH, it wouldn't be VH. It'd be me with 3 of the members of VH playing VH songs. That doesn't make it Van Halen. Those were the facts and as Kevin Bacon would say "they are undisputed."
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Why was it okay to call it Iron Maiden after Paul DiAnno left?<hr></blockquote>

Cause Maiden wasn't Maiden till Bruce got there. Likewise with Gillian and Purple. That suprised me, Glenn, that you didn't say that one either. Your sleepin on the job buddy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, that's all well and good. Everyone around here should have figured that out back last January or so. The fact of the matter is this, in a 4 piece band, you can't add and take away anything and call it the same. If Ed (by some fucked up way) got kicked out of VH and it was Dave, Al, Mike and .... I don't know Nuno Bettencourt, would it still be Van Halen? It has 3 out the 4 original members, just like when it's Ed, Al and Mike. If I was lead singer for VH, it wouldn't be VH. It'd be me with 3 of the members of VH playing VH songs. That doesn't make it Van Halen. Those were the facts and as Kevin Bacon would say "they are undisputed."
    <hr></blockquote>

Dunno, would they still be "Van Halen" in your opinion? Ask yourself and there's your answer.

SBS
    What, me, worry?