Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

It's no secret that Ed is smoking again and probably is hitting the bottle as well, but I think it would be ludicrous to think that these are his only chemical dependency problems. After all he's been thru the past few years I think he is self-medicating in other forms beside nicotine and alcohol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.05.09 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Doesn't Ed have Wolfie right now. If he is on anything else then it can't be good. One would think that Wolfie would be enough reason for Ed to clean his act up

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe you guys should mind your own business and quit worrying about what this guy is doing. If he's drinking and/or smoking, snorting cocaine, doing whatever etc. what difference does it make to you? I could honestly care less about what the guy does in his free time. All I know is that there's no music and hasn't been for quite some time. I also find it ironic that in the early 80's which was the height of his coke use, the band put out an album a year. Maybe he's on NO drugs.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hoobastank6
    Member # 4580 posted October 23, 2002 10:19 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe you guys should mind your own business and quit worrying about what this guy is doing. If he's drinking and/or smoking, snorting cocaine, doing whatever etc. what difference does it make to you? I could honestly care less about what the guy does in his free time. All I know is that there's no music and hasn't been for quite some time. I also find it ironic that in the early 80's which was the height of his coke use, the band put out an album a year. Maybe he's on NO drugs.
    Easy killer. It's called an opinions/speculation forum for a reason.

It makes a difference to me because I care
    about Edward Van Halen and the band that bears his name and through intelligent interaction with others I would like to get some input about this subject to figure out why...
    that there's no music and hasn't been for quite some time.
    This whole site is dedicated to him and his band, so almost every topic is related to his "business". [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by thinlineokc:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Hoobastank6
    Member # 4580 posted October 23, 2002 10:19 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Easy killer. It's called an opinions/speculation forum for a reason.

It makes a difference to me because I care
    about Edward Van Halen and the band that bears his name and through intelligent interaction with others I would like to get some input about this subject to figure out why...
    that there's no music and hasn't been for quite some time.
    This whole site is dedicated to him and his band, so almost every topic is related to his "business". [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ditto.
    His exploits might have produced and album a year but they also end up killing people.The guys human too you know, not just a record making machine.
    My admiration for the guy is turning into pity, and I wish he'd grow up a bit.
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by Hoobastank6:
    agreed... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The tug of war between addiction and guilt is not a simple thing to deal with. It's easy to say Eddie should clean up his act for his kid, his wife ,his music but it will never happen until he does it for himself. A doctor gave him a 50/50 shot at surviving cancer and he is still smoking.What will it take to get throught to him?
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTF causes somebody to say something like that?! I'm not attacking ya personally but it's none of our business what he does and its wrong to accuse him of anything ESPECIALLY since he is out of the public eye!These kind of accusations SUCK. Man oh man.......

[ October 25, 2002, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: RayBan ]
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reading these post just confirms indicative nature of the aura surrounding Van Halen. The dominant issue facing Van Halen is "POWER". Who has it and who is willing to give it up. Van Halen is EDDIE VAN HALEN - PERIOD!!!!!! No one will tell Ed what to do or when to do it. Sammy was told to go back to being a solo artist because he would not do what Ed wanted him to do. Dave was not let back into Van Halen because Ed isn't about to take a back seat to a front man who sucks up all the attention and wants power of attorney (so to speak). Hell, even Ed can't tell Ed what to do. Hence his continuous drinking and smoking even though it's killing him. So everyone can bitch and complain and say Ed should do this and that, and it better happen when, and all that other bullshit. It's a waste of time. Ed is his own man and will do what he wants when he wants. It is going to take some kind of personal revelation (epiphany) for Ed to come out of hibernation and get back into the game. He's dealing with cancer and his marriage just broke up. Pretty heavy shit if you ask me. Give the guy some space, and let him get back on his feet. He'll come around. In due time. We'll be here Ed.

[ October 25, 2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Harris ]
    "The truth hurts."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Even though he did just get over a cancer scare.

It is still HIS life.

Did all you people really care what he did when he was releasing new music on a regular basis?
    Did you all care if he was drunk or smoking Pal Mals?
    answer: NO

You all thought it was cool.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Eddymon
    Member # 164 posted October 25, 2002 11:37 AM
    Even though he did just get over a cancer scare.

It is still HIS life.

Did all you people really care what he did when he was releasing new music on a regular basis?
    Did you all care if he was drunk or smoking Pal Mals?
    answer: NO

You all thought it was cool.
    Exactly. He was cool when he was releasing music. Now, he's not releasing shit, not saying shit and when he does say something he doesn't keep his word. It's been six months since we last heard him say that we would be hearing from them soon. What have we heard? Zilch. Therefore it's to be expected that rumours of death and drug use and self-degredation shall run rampant. It's his fault for being so uncommunicative. As I've stated in other posts the only time he ever communicates with us is when the shit starts getting so thick that he is on his deathbed that he pops in and says "Hey, it's me and I'm still alive!"

If we all were in a room and discussing Van Halen as a group, I seriously doubt that anyone would say "Hey, don't talk about Ed's drug use or say that he's dying, that's taboo!" (Unless it was a Van Halen pity party.)
    [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] I think it's valiant that so many people defend Ed and his actions as I've defended him many times, and even though I idolize Ed and his legacy as a rock god and realize he is going through some shit right now, I also understand that he is a man and a man is only is good as his word. Once a year updates are not "soon".

Why should we even have a forum titled "opinions and speculation"? It's sad. I love Ed and the band but this is far beyond rediculous now.