Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eddie

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I admit Eddie is a great musician but I'm tired of everyone saying he is a great guy. If he was a great guy he wouldn't of blamed things on Alex. And how Alex is a control freak and that he handles all of the business with records and stuff like that. He was a great guy but he turns his back on people. How could he do that to Dave or Sammy? He kicked Dave out and got Sammy then he kicked Sammy out and got Dave, because Sammy didn't feel that a greatest hits album was needed at that time. Eddie got pissed and got Dave. He didn't like Dave's personality and kicked him out! He was a great guy but things got to his head! People talk about how Dave likes to have the spotlight to himself I think Eddie wants the spotlight! He used to be a great guy when they first started out until Alex's brother-in-law became manager! At least that's my opinion

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave quit, he wasn't fired.
    I am awesome

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought Eddie kicked him out after the Award show....

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aliens812:
    I admit Eddie is a great musician but I'm tired of everyone saying he is a great guy. If he was a great guy he wouldn't of blamed things on Alex.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think I need a refresher course; what did Eddie blame on Alex?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He was a great guy but he turns his back on people.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>First of all, who's to say Eddie was ever a great guy? You started off by saying that you're tired of people saying he's a great guy, then you say he used to be; what's the evidence of that? He's a musician, nothing more. It is (and always was) his job to play music, not to be a nice guy. I've never met the man, and likely never will, so it's really inconsequential to me whether he's nice or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>How could he do that to Dave or Sammy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He probably found the ability to do it to Dave after Dave walked out on him after their most successful album. Even though it worked out for Eddie with Sammy joining, it's easy to imagine Eddie being pissed off at Dave for leaving the band high and dry.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He kicked Dave out and got Sammy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dave left initially. Whether Eddie's behavior had anything to do with that is relevant, but ultimately it was Dave who chose to leave Van Halen in 1985.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He was a great guy but things got to his head!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Again, who's to say whether Eddie was ever a great guy? Unless you knew him back in the old days, that's basically just speculation (correct forum for that though [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]).

Welcome to the VHLinks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Welcome to the Links Aliens812. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First off Eddie is a great guy. He has been very unselfish for a great number of years giving us top notch music from his heart(1978-1996).I never heard him blame anything on Alex other than his drum kit being too loud on stage. As far as kicking singers out, Dave left on his own. With Sammy that may be a different story. Lame ass management was involved in that scenario. As far as I can tell, Gary left because of musical differences and the obvious...the return of Dave. There are two sides to every story so you can't blame Eddie. Looks to me singers more often than not have the problem. Here are some examples...Steve Perry(Mr. Ego himself), Ozzy(not the easiest to work with according to interviews from previous musicians in his band),Axl Rose(nuff said),Vince Neil(are we in Crue or not). I think I will stick with the nucleus of VH consisting of Eddie, Alex, Mike ,and Valerie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Whatever they decide is fine with me.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GLENN i consider ED
    a ex musician. is someone
    a musician who makes music that is never heard or ever performed? making appearances on god awful shows like REGIS and various bimbo's and never saying anything(probably because he has part of his tongue missing). and i think if you look back at interviews he seems bitter about things he could have controlled better.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by topik killer:
    GLENN i consider ED
    a musician who makes music that is never heard or ever performed? making appearances on god awful shows like REGIS and various bimbo's and never saying anything(probably because he has part of his tongue missing). and i think if you look back at interviews he seems bitter about things he could have controlled better.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf?!?!

JMJ [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GLENN i consider ED
    a musician who makes music that is never heard or ever performed? .
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think the VAST majority of musicians never have their music heard, nor do they ever perform. Many, like me, have taken a liking to making music for ourselves. I USED to perform, but it just doesn't fit with my lifestyle. That's my choice; if that means to you that I am not a musician, fine.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm interested in making music too. and i would do that for my own enjoyment, so i see what your saying. it was ED that said he was a musician in the same i'm better than you attitude that you have on occcasion shown ABE. at least SAM and DAVE to a lesser extent are either making music or performing it. ED said he would be a musician till he died, maybe he is dealing with a illness now but he doesn't have to be in the bigggest rock band in the world. he could just make music with his brother. instrumentals or play a few songs on DAVE'S mini tour. he doesn't do much of anything else except maybe play golf.
    and JMJ why don't you say what your beef with my post?

[ June 29, 2001 at 02:38 PM: Message edited by: topik killer ]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

he could just make music with his brother. instrumentals or play a few songs on DAVE'S mini tour. he doesn't do much of anything else except maybe play golf.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Who's to say he isn't making music with his brother? Or his son? Or just by himself? As a 100% documented fact, I only know of that one round of golf Eddie played for a charity, that hardly means that all he does is play golf.

Unless we have a camera on Eddie all the time, we can't realistically speculate as to his activities.

Obviously he showed up at Regis' show to be with his wife, it's hard to imagine he'd have been there had Valerie not. That's just supporting your spouse, and looking after your child while the other parent is busy, so I don't see how that's relevant to whether Eddie is a musician.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

why couldn't he do it from backstage? what he needed the spotlight. i have read he is an avid golfer. HE IS A MUSICIAN.
    if he went for a job interview his resume would read play and write
    music that is pretty much all he has done in his life. THREE FUCKING YEARS AND NO MUSIC, NO PLAYING ON STAGE for two years! this is speculation and opinions GLENN. you even speculated he could be doing something musically with his kid or brother. i'm just throwing out ideas.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

GLENN i consider ED
    a ex musician.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>HE IS A MUSICIAN.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude, pick one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey, I have no problem with you speculating, make no mistake about that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

replace is with was.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Topik Killer... who was your english teacher? She needs to be bitch slapped for two reasons...
    1. Giving you a passing grade in grammar
    2. Teaching you to write like that
    PS... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996