Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner\'s Swing-Top Jimmy
    Last Online

10.19.07 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I must say that after reading all of the negative press and comments that people have made recently about Dave's voice, it left me almost afraid to even listen to him anymore. I just got a copy of Dave's 6/25 California performance and I am so amazed. He really sounds great. I've seen Dave a bunch of times over the past 15 years and he sounds better than I've heard him in ages. He is even doing the "WOWWWWWWWWWUHHHH!!!!!!! again. Man I'm so glad. Now I have noticed that he doesn't move much at all, and I do mean at all. But hey, he's conserving his energy for singing I guess. Personally I'd rather hear Dave sing well than see him jump around all night and talk the lyrics. So kudos to Dave. I am more than impressed with the Diamond one. Yeahhhhh Baby!!! Yeah!!!!!!!
    "Be yourself, even if you have to fake it"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I have to agree. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] All of this "Dave's voice is shot" shit is just a bunch of die hard Sammy fans being extremely biased. I heard a couple of mp3's as well and Dave sounded great. So I don't buy that argument anymore. I will agree that some people have seen him and say that he can't cut it. But anyone can have an off night now and then. I agree that Sammy is a better vocalist(musically), but NOT a better singer for VH. But who knows or cares? I'm just a dumb old Rothbot! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Dave can hit most of the notes, but he can't sing the fast parts. Now and then he goes for the scream and misses it. 90% of the time he's on, but those moments he's not can be painful.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw him live and I thought he was very good, the only song that I couldnt hear very well was Hot For Teacher, but other than that he kicked ass. Sammy fans say that as a reason why sammy was better, cause at least in dallas 17,500 fans went absolutely nuts when Dave came out. Now nothin against sammy, cause his show was good, but dave was so awesome.
    Lets Hope VH gets some Sensible Shoes that lead them back to Dave.

Last Online

06.07.06 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw them twice in LA and as long as Roth sticks to the vintage VH he's great - just don't ask to him to create new music...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Roth's voice sounded great in Philly, I will see him HEADLINE at the PNC in NJ on 8/20, a guarranteed good time!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner\'s Swing-Top Jimmy
    Last Online

10.19.07 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I saw Dave on the "Filthy Little Mouth Tour" he was going through the motions. I mean there were times when he would sound pretty good, but for the most part, he wasn't up to snuff at all. He sounded great on the "Little Ain't Enough Tour" He was hitiing the high screams that I love so much. Some of the 99 mp3's that I've heard were a little rough cause he seem to be doing that "Slam Dunk" scream/yell that I just can't stand to hear. He does it a little now, but not a whole lot. I tell ya though, Dave is really concentrating on his singing now. You can really tell that he is making sure that it's right. But the guy is 47 years old and if he wants to stand there and conserve his energy so he can sing better, I can live with it. I really like this band he has now. To me, they sound better than the Yankee Rose band. Not taking anything away from Vai, but Brian Young plays the Eddie stuff much better than Vai did. Only my opinion, but Brian is the best thing Dave has had outside of Edward of course. Peace.......
    "Be yourself, even if you have to fake it"

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like all eras of VH but I am primarily a DLR era fan. I saw him in Davore and I wasn't impressed. My opinion is not biased based on being a Sammy Lover. It's just my honest opinion of his performance that night. You really can't have too many off nights because if you do, IT's news and then threads like this and the many others mentioning his demise get started. He is NOT VH material anymore. Maybe a one time reunion but not a permanent member of the band.

[ July 25, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:46 PM
    Liked 11,592 Times in 4,941 Posts

Well of course everyone knows if you criticize Dave's singing, you obviously never liked DLR-era VH, and aren't a fan. I mean come on, isn't that understood already? Sheesh...some people. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a big Dave fan, but I gotta say IMO he didn't sound too great on those MP3s I heard over at DLRarmy.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Coming from a Hagar fan, when I saw Dave live I thought he did a good job. I've read about the old days when he "forgot the fucking words" but now he seemed to be more focused, maybe because of the competition with Sammy.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

only thing Roth needs is a new haircut.--he should get that shit lookin' like he had back during his "Vegas" days--short and brown

other than that, he's gold...er.. Diamond~! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw David Lee Roth 3 x's in 99'. And once last year in Minneapolis. I saw him twice on the curent tour with Sammy. He can still cut it. Plain and simple. He and Hagar sound differently vocally. Roger Daltrey doesn't sound like 20 year old Roger Daltrey either. Robert Plant doesn't sound like he used to. Dave seems to get that much more heat when competing against Sammy. I saw people on this forums site slagging Dave for wearing the outfits he's wearing on this tour!! What if he dressed down? Oh God Dave is there something wrong? That would be the 1st question posted. No one was happy back when Dave cut the hair and tamed down his jumping around a few years ago (YFLM). He gives people what they want and now that isn't good enough. To each his own. I still see and hear a grand performance every time. I would love him back in VH. Not taking anything from Sam. Dave completes the circle for Halen.
    "Great Things Like This Only Happen For The First Time Once..." Gary Busey

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I saw Dave in 99' and I saw him on this tour, he sounds better than he did in 84'. Dave has worked on his vocals.

Dave is Dave, his style will always be very unique.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.01.15 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DanHalen made the comment that 17500 people in Dallas went crazy when Dave hit the stage. I was one of them, but in being honest and trying not to be a Dave homer it is pretty obvious for anyone with at least one good ear that Dave was off his game that night. Very little effort on the vocals compared to what was expected. I left pretty disapointed in Dave's performance. What I don't understand is how you can go flat in front of one of the largest crowds to that point of the tour. If you can't get pumped up for that action you may be dead.
    Again, this is only one persons opinion.
    If it will rock we will roll.