Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did I miss something?
    Why are there all these threads with "well, whether Dave or Sammy come back . . . " ??!?

Since when did Sammy enter the picture again?
    They were/are/whatever with Dave over the past year - NOT SAMMY!!

As HAIN23 had said in another thread,
    a VH/SAMMY reunion would be anti-climactic!!
    Don't get me wrong, they made some great music with Sam!

But, classic VH with DLR is what made Van Halen as big of a name as they are.
    With Dave is where it all began!
    I, as well as millions of other fans, are dying to see the original lineup together again. I saw every show that came thru the western NY area since '86 with Sammy and I even saw the latest one with Gary. But, I never got to see the original.
    To watch videos of them during their classic years, like the '83 US Festival, is just awesome.

And, seeing some of the video clips, pics and mp3's of Dave's current tour, he appears to be back and better than in a very long time!! I saw some of the '99 stuff and I thought he sucked and his voice was shot. Now, he's back to where he needs to be!

I just can't figure out where all this Sammy crap is coming from?!?!! Has he been working with VH lately?? Not that I'm aware!
    Is it just Sammy diehards trying to keep his name mentioned?!! What the hell?

Anyways, hopefully VH and DLR can get their shit together and work this deal out and GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!! This would definately help in getting today music back to where it should be!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

You have missed quite a bit VH2001! www.melodicrock.com
    has reported that Billy Sheehan has quit Mr. Big, and in every interview lately Billy and Steve Vai say that the reunion with Roth might happen!

It goes without saying that if Roth is back with the EEAS band, Sammy will be the singer that VH will look too next! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm moving this topic to Speculation.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YankeeRose - No actually I didn't miss the stuff at Melodicrock!!

But, most of that is just rumors!
    I have seen stranger things happen, but I don't believe Sammy will be in any of VH's plans. Even if they have a plan B, C & D, I do not think Sammy is part of them!!

And, BTW, why is this being moved to SPECULATION?? I'm asking why Sammy is being mentioned in all the other threads??!! For example "Dave or Sammy, what if........... " - if that's not SPECULATION, WTF is it??!!
    But that thread remains in the MAIN VH DISCUSSION!!
    [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ August 12, 2001 at 07:20 PM: Message edited by: VH2001 ]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    It goes without saying that if Roth is back with the EEAS band, Sammy will be the singer that VH will look too next! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. And it also goes without saying that Sammy wants nothing to do with VH. Sam-fans should open their eyes to that. He's said that at every opportunity, and also said how happy he is with the Waboritas. Read the liner notes to Ten-13, and tell me that Sammy wants into VH. Listen to Ten-13, and tell me that Sammy could do better with VH. His band has really come together. He may not be moving large numbers of records, but he's writing great music and doing well touring. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

VH may look to Sammy if what they really want falls through, but Sammy doesn't want anyhing to do with Van Halen.

Yankee was right on in moving this topic to opinions, VH2001.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

So what's Van Halen going to do if Dave gets the EEAS band back together? Everyone keeps on saying that if it's not Dave, it's Sammy. What other choice do they have? Try out a fourth singer?

Sure, Sammy's doing fine without Van Halen, but I think he's the best with VH. He can still write songs, play live, and his voice is great.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If VH has any idea of what they are going to do, I'd be surprised. They seem to be leader-less and floundering. That, or they have a lack of desire.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I don't care what Sammy says, if VH seriously wants him back, he'd go back in a second. All this "I'm happy solo, I've got my freedom, they owe me an apology" is great, but Sammy's had a taste of the arenas and stadiums and everything that goes along with that glory. No way would he turn down the chance to reclaim that, especially knowing that he was at his most creative working alongside Eddie.

Owning a bar and selling tequila is great, but it's not what Sammy does best. What he does best (and what got him where he is in life) is his ability to get in front of a band and sing his ass off. The opportunity to do that again with the most gifted guitarist alive would pull him back.

That's my belief, and that's why I believe that Sammy has not been seriously courted by Van Halen yet. If he had been, he'd be back in there.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Right on, Glenn. That's been my response to MikeL all this time. Sure, Sammy says he's happy now, but if he could go back to VH on his terms - as friend - then I think we'd see hell freeze over before he said no.

Which, coincidentally, is the same conditions around us seeing the band work with Dave ever again. Interesting? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The Wabos make great music, but they're not Van Halen with Sammy. That was his creative peak. And he'll be back. Trust me.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Give Sammy some of that "BIG FAT MONEY" and he sure as shit will/would be back.

"suckers walk, money talks but he would sure love a few more bucks"

It would definatley be a "new" Van Halen if Sammy does indeed come back, I just hope that now that he is a dad again, that they don't play Barney tunes.

"I love you, you love me, we're a very disfunctional rock & roll family,
    with a great big knife that I'll stick the back of you, won't you say you'll make music with me too" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also think that Sammy would come back if the conditions were right. I would like to see the band become friends again and then take it from there.
    At this point I don't know what the Hell is gonna happen but I've got the wierdest feeling that Sam's gonna pop up with VH in the very near future.

Al Hagar

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 16,546 Times in 9,380 Posts

I sure hope not.

Do you Sammy fans really think that he wants to be the consolation singer in a band the magnitude of Van Halen? It was one thing when he joined the band after Dave quit. It's quite another thing if he becomes the singer because VH couldn't work things out with Dave. BTW, any of you Sammy fans that don't realize that the majority of Van Halen fans prefer Dave to Sammy are in serious denial. Step into reality for a minute.

[ August 15, 2001 at 12:09 AM: Message edited by: I Coulda Hada VH ]
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Coulda Hada VH:

Do you Sammy fans really think that he wants to be the consolation singer in a band the magnitude of Van Halen?

BTW, any of you Sammy fans that don't ralize that the majority of Van Halen fans prefer Dave to Sammy are in serious denial. Step into reality for a minute.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you my friend need to step into reality.

I would think that your estimates of the proportion of fans that want DLR are colored by your love of Dave.

And in the famous words of a jerky boy, "Open your fucking ears"! Dave is playing in a VH cover band, and he ain't all that great. How's that for a cosolation prize? Can't work with the real guys, so he'll fake it [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ August 14, 2001 at 06:59 PM: Message edited by: homeunit ]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What Homeunit and Glenn said. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Dream another dream that dream is over!

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

"The sun will come out NEVER"-little orphan Sammy

[ August 14, 2001 at 08:41 PM: Message edited by: hain23x ]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Coulda Hada VH -

I totally agree!
    Dave is out on tour to get in shape and be ready when Eddie and him work things out!
    Like I said before, Dave looks and sounds better than he has in a very long time! I thought he was horrible on the '99 tour, but now I think he's giving it all he has and doing a great job!

As for Sammy, I saw part of the free Pay-Per-View concert he just had and I was not impressed. I always will admit he has more range in his voice than Dave, but Sammy's voice has lost alot too!

The world and music in general needs Classic VH much more than more of Sammy VH. I get excited thinking about some new VH w/ DLR!!

If Sammy is ever to come back, I would much rather hear at least one new album with DLR before then.

BTW - Homeunit - More people want to see Dave back - that IS reality!!