Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

Excellent post. What a great way to show the world that we are united then having the original lineup of the greatest Rock N Roll band back on stage together. If not, then let's have Sammy and VH doing 'Right Now', 'Eagles Fly', and 'Dreams' on stage.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George M:
    Historians of rock will recall Live Aid in 1985, where Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Genesis all had reunions of the original lineups. Some undoubtedly remember that Eddie VH played with Sammy Hagar for the first time at this event, leading to the new Van Halen lineup a few months later...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to be too nitpicky as your original sentiment was good, but Edward and Sammy first played together at Farm Aid!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billy007:

Not to be too nitpicky as your original sentiment was good, but Edward and Sammy first played together at Farm Aid!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As they said in Animal House, "Don't interrupt, he's on a roll!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, I didn't know it was Farm Aid, interesting. That usually seems to get less mainstream rock stuff, and it doesn't seem like Eddie and Sammy's kind of thing. Interesting.

Thanks,

G.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello dear brethren of the order Van Halen,

It has been months since I've last posted here. I suppose I just sort of felt that we had reached the end of the road. Nothing was happening, nor did it look like anything was going to happen.

But you all know about September 11, I don't have to tell you. But what you might not know about are the 2 major benefit concerts on a weeknd in October. The first is Paul McCartney's in New York on October 20, with the Who, Bon Jovi, etc.

The second includes:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI> Michael Jackson
    <LI> Backstreet Boys
    <LI> N'SYNC
    <LI> Aerosmith<LI> KISS<LI> Mick Jagger
    <LI> James Brown
    <LI> Al Green
    <LI> Ricky Martin[/list]

Notice that this will occur on October 21, at RFK Stadium, the place that supposedly it can be proven that Van Halen were going to play on July 4, 2000(?). I don't even remember what year it was anymore. Notice also that this is a stadium, not Madison Square Garden like the McCartney one.

And, most importantly, Michael Jackson, an obvious friend of Eddie, is the presumable headliner.

It is with all this in mind that I make a plea, not just a suggestion, to Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, and all the fans and friends of all of the above.

Van Halen must play this concert! Fans, this is the thing we really need! This is a benefit, the kind of thing where egos truly no longer matter. This is an event where people of all types and tastes (I hate the music of NSYNC, etc., but I am going to go and be respectful)are going to come together for our great country, and for the people harmed by the cowardly attacks of September 11.

Sometimes things happen in the world that are just too important to let pass by. This is one of them.

Historians of rock will recall Live Aid in 1985, where Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Genesis all had reunions of the original lineups. Some undoubtedly remember that Eddie VH played with Sammy Hagar for the first time at this event, leading to the new Van Halen lineup a few months later.

On October 20 in New York, the Who and maybe even Led Zeppelin are going to play. One would assume original drummer Peter Criss of KISS is going to play Washington for purposes of unity.

October 21, 2001, should be our day as Van Halen fans as well. I can't think of any symbol of unity in the music world that would be greater than a Van Halen set with both David Lee Roth AND Sammy Hagar. It is not just an option, it is our and VH's responsibility to make such a thing happen.

Think about it, the Dave reunion would be a bigger deal, but you just can't play an event like this without playing "Right Now", either. It all just makes sense.

This is our chance for that one, great enduring moment that could last as long as anyone can remember. One day where VH would be more than just a band, but a symbol of what freedom and unity are really about: People coming together for others.

If Van Halen and the singers can't get up and play something like this, esepcially when other groups have and/or are going to, VH as a band can't ever exist again anyway.

Right Now, it means everything.

George M

[ October 09, 2001 at 12:16 AM: Message edited by: George M ]

[ October 09, 2001 at 12:17 AM: Message edited by: George M ]