Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody get me a doctor
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are an awful lot of you VHForum folks who seem deathly afraid of a three second image of DLR's wennie tucked in his pants.

Very strange.

That weenie has seen more action than any of you ever will. It should be bronzed and placed into the RnR Hall of Fame.

That's what Spammy has to say...
    That's what Spammy has to say...<br /><br /><a href="http://www.9-11.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.9-11.co.uk/</a>

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Good topic for the Opinions forum, sending it there now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by spammy francis:
    There are an awful lot of you VHForum folks who seem deathly afraid of a three second image of DLR's wennie tucked in his pants.

Very strange.
    Yeah. But there's nothing strange about a topic concerning what less than 10 people in two threads thought of three second image of Dave's cock... LOL.

I'm guessing that you're from the army and think that "an awful lot" of us don't dig Dave. Seems to be the popular misconception, these days.

That weenie has seen more action than any of you ever will.
    And just who has argued otherwise?

I'd kill a small village to nail some of the tail Dave's bagged over the years.

Hey, if crotch shots of middle-aged men are your thing, god bless. I think most people would agree that the camera angle in the latest clip was for the ladies, much the same way that a lot of Dave's outfits during the 80's were. It's not an issue of anybody being "deathly afraid" of Dave's package. It's just that some people, I guess, are put off by it. I think it would be a lot stranger if people thought "little Elvis" was the highlight of the clip, wouldn't you?

Ultimately, I agree it's not something to get bent out of shape over. But no one is bent out of shape over it.

Welcome to VHForums, man.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody get me a doctor
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome. I am not from the army, I lurk but don't post there.

An articulate response from a VH fan. Thanks for that too.

You do have to admit that there is a lot of Dave bashing that goes on here. There is very little support for what he is currently doing.

Does the DVD look fantastic? Well, maybe.

Is Dave making the effort? Yes. Eddie and Alex might as well be invisible.

Will it be fun to watch at least once? Yes.

Like I said, he kicked ass in Seattle last summer and I think that he is in fine form. If you look back to virtually any era of Dave-dom you will notice that he has always been a bit on the wacky side.

Dave is Dave. Dave defined rock star. All others will be measured according to him.

It seems as though the forum contingent are yearning for a Dave that never was. His performance in the US Festival video is less than stellar, but it's Dave. He could get away with it then, but not now?

Why is that?

As long as Dave is putting it out, I am going to be interested.

We all want some Dave/VH action. How can we help? Buy the DVD when it comes out. Plunk down your $25 and show the VH Bros that we are still interested. Go see him live. Buy his albums.

22 or 52, he is still DLR and the man that sang on all those amazing records. Don't turn your back on him. He gave us some great stuff that we will enjoy for years to come.
    That's what Spammy has to say...<br /><br /><a href="http://www.9-11.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.9-11.co.uk/</a>

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well shit... DIF pretty much stole my thunder and nailed it in his previous posts.

I'll just reinforce his points about the "bashing" here being far more equal than Spammy seems to think it is. If anything, Ed, Sammy & Gary are usually featured in far more "bashing" threads around here than Dave ever has been. Not undeservedly so, either, but some of us tend to be of a more "middle of the road/two sides to every story" mindset and do occaisionally take it upon ourselves to balance things out a bit and expose some of the rampant hypocrisy that permeates most of these rather senseless threads.

I'd also agree that from what I've seen and heard of Dave's DVD, I'm not at all impressed, and am leaning very much toward categorizing it as a VHIII-level effort, which had I heard it before I bought it like I have some of the Roth video, I probably would've waited for it to make the quick trip to the cutout bin.

The point is that we all have our share of bias around here, and anyone who thinks it hasn't been a two-way street is simply delusional. I just don't see the sense in letting that bias corrupt one's objectivity and poison one's self to the point of bitterness.

Spammy and some of the others of like mindset say "give Dave a chance" and "support Dave anyway", "give him a chance to grow", etc., but the funny thing is that many of the people who are saying this are one and the same with the ones who label others as "sheep" when they say the same about "Van Hagar" or "VHIII".

All I'm asking is for people to talk out of just one side of their mouth at a time. Is that really too much to ask?

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    ...but the funny thing is that many of the people who are saying this are one and the same with the ones who label others as "sheep" when they say the same about "Van Hagar" or "VHIII".
    I think only one person here uses the term sheep. That would be your favorite person.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by spammy francis:
    Thanks for the welcome. I am not from the army, I lurk but don't post there.

An articulate response from a VH fan. Thanks for that too.
    You're welcome. It's always cool when a fellow Dave fan rolls in.

You do have to admit that there is a lot of Dave bashing that goes on here. There is very little support for what he is currently doing.
    That's the thing; what Dave's currently doing.

There have been lots of "Gary's a faggot!" , "Sam's a fat bastard!" threads, just as there have been lots of "Dave's a bald queer!" threads. Everybody takes their lumps.

It's not that Dave's getting bashed here so much as he's the only one putting out anything to criticize, you know? We've been kicking VH's (read as "Eddie and Alex," since they're the only ones left ) asses for well over a year, now, since they're making like monks with the whole "vow of silence" thing.

Sam's solo albums, after getting booted from VH, didn't light this place on fire, either. Sam's got very few hardcore fans here. I swear, maybe 5-10, tops. That's all. The rest are casual Sam fans who can take or leave his stuff.

If Dave were putting out something good, it would be appreciated. Take the DLR Band album as an example. That's a good album. If Dave had gotten a real producer, it could have been even better. But as it stands, it's pretty well-regarded amongst the fans here. I want to see Dave put out some strong music. It would be great to hear him doing his thing.

From all indications, though, the DVD looks like it might turn out to be the cinematic equivalent to VH3. I'm beginning to think that Dave should shelve the thing. Blame it on something; creative differences, distribution, money, whatever. I just have a feeling it's gonna suck and be nothing more than fodder for those that think Dave's washed up.

Is Dave making the effort? Yes. Eddie and Alex might as well be invisible.
    I agree. Dave possibly touring with Sam, who is recording with Mike? That's hysterical. What a bitchslap to Ed and Al!

Will it be fun to watch at least once? Yes.
    And probably the second time, too, if you're really drunk. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

If you look back to virtually any era of Dave-dom you will notice that he has always been a bit on the wacky side.
    Definitely, and it's a big part of why he's so cool. He's always been a goof. But everyone knows he's quite smart, too. Dave's usually cool when he's wacky. But there's nothing "cool" wacky about the DVD, to me. All I'm getting is "WTF is this?" wacky. (If you can't tell, I'm not a U.N. interpreter. LOL.)

It seems as though the forum contingent are yearning for a Dave that never was. His performance in the US Festival video is less than stellar, but it's Dave. He could get away with it then, but not now?

Why is that?
    I think age might have something to do with it. It's expected that a 20-something would be drunk on stage acting like he did. But today, in his late 40's, I guess people would like for Dave to remember all the words, and act a little more like a guy in his late 40's. I don't think Dave will ever grow up. As long as he's creative, why in the hell should he?

As long as Dave is putting it out, I am going to be interested.
    Me too. But if he's putting out shit, I've got to call him on it. I'm the same about VH3, OU812, LRHRN, etc. VH hasn't been immune to dropping their own turds.

We all want some Dave/VH action. How can we help? Buy the DVD when it comes out. Plunk down your $25 and show the VH Bros that we are still interested. Go see him live. Buy his albums.
    I agree with seeing him live and buying his albums. But there's just something off about this DVD venture. I won't be buying it. The promo clips look terrible, to me.

22 or 52, he is still DLR and the man that sang on all those amazing records. Don't turn your back on him. He gave us some great stuff that we will enjoy for years to come.
    I don't think anyone's turning their back on him. I know I'm not. But I want to hear original music from him since I know he's got more to offer. I think the DVD might just turn out to be something for the fans to chew on while Dave (hopefully) works on new material.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."