Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So what do y'all think about Dave's Atlantic City shows being postponed due to a possible scheduling conflict? Those were the last released show dates, and now they've been cancelled.

Is somebody getting married, or is something that matters to us going to go down?

[ June 27, 2001 at 01:30 AM: Message edited by: MikeL ]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

good question mike, wondering that myself.

why cancel something when there is a *possible* scheduling conflict? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

funny ya know, mike says they are working on things...dave is on tour, ed is in new york, and lex is nowhere to be seen. mike bust be doing a lot of work by himself [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hard to tell what the problem may be. Remember that Sammy canned some of his shows because his stage getup wouldn't fit in the venue.

Maybe Dave decided he'd rather hold off and find larger venues instead of playing festivals.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From my experiences in Atlantic City, show dates being cancelled is a way of life. The club owners have some long time friends to appease, and it may be a simple case of politics. (ie, Suzanne Somers may want to sing that night, etc)

Or, it may be a technical issue with the venue as mentioned before-they don't seem too fond of altering their places for people, especially not rock shows.

I wouldn't read into this one too much; it happens all the time there, but it's usually with performers most of us couldn't care less about.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, I think the club owners figured out that they signed David Lee Roth and woke up!