Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.27.05 @ 04:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So Sammy, you don't know whats going on with Van Halen, but you don't mind telling the world what you've "heard" seeing as how you've got that new album coming out and all. But hey, you're just being honest right? How valiant. It all blew up a few months ago and the guys could only muster up four songs, huh? Four songs in what, six or seven months? Shit, I'd call it quits too. A DLR era Box-set? That's alot of music. Four new songs and three or four CD's worth of live music? Don't think so. Or maybe it's the first six albums in that box set plus the new stuff. That's it, get us all to buy the re-masters, and then a couple months later, we'll buy them again in the Box-set! Great marketing! ------ Sammy yaps dirt about his old band, he generates interest in his new album. Simple. Everybody pulls this shit at kickoff time, yep, even the Diamond One. Did Sammy hear it? Probably. Is it true? Dave's arch rival say's he's incapacited and DLR stays silent. There you go.

------------------
    "Can I reach it now? I'm not up her often. God only knows. And he ain't talking."

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sammy should just shut his big fucking mouth.

I agree with TK on that one... Sammy can't help but talk about DLR/VH to boost his album sales.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

Q-MAN
    I should have read this before my "serious ju-ju" review.
    You are right on with this one ASNF.
    Sammy is out for Sammy.
    Fuck the fans, or what he has left.

------------------
    it don't mean a thing if it aint got no dings.

great to be back!!!!

I am the ruler of the science age**

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Guys, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion here.

#1 Sammy never said this was true, just what he heard. And tell me how this is much different than anyone who posts in the rumor mill here?

#2 let's see how much mainstream media a little site like Launch.com gets... oh, NONE maybe? Hell, Sammy probably wouldn't have brought it up again if Grant hadn't coerced the guy to ask Sammy about it.

Sheesh, you people. It's like the moment the man opens his mouth, no matter what he says it's automatically wrong and all a ploy to make money. Honestly, Sammy has better things to do than jerk the net community around like that.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW I'm livin' on the corner of Mean St. and Old Amsterdam Blvd.
    --------
    "Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ..."
    UP FRONT FANATIC!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Guys, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion here.

#1 Sammy never said this was true, just what he heard. And tell me how this is much different than anyone who posts in the rumor mill here?

Who said Sammy was lying about hearing anything?

#2 let's see how much mainstream media a little site like Launch.com gets... oh, NONE maybe? Hell, Sammy probably wouldn't have brought it up again if Grant hadn't coerced the guy to ask Sammy about it.

Launch.com??? I'd hardly rip anyones ass over that heavily edited little snippet. Grant! Quit coercing people into answering valid questions! You act like you work at a news desk or something!!

Sheesh, you people. It's like the moment the man opens his mouth, no matter what he says it's automatically wrong and all a ploy to make money. Honestly, Sammy has better things to do than jerk the net community around like that.

This is one of the few times I've ever posted negative about Sammy. If you'll notice, I also admitted that my main man DLR tends to pull the same shit. Like I said, everyone does this. To be honest, I really wish all the members of the band (past and present) would just learn to use the phrase "no comment" as a substitute for slamming one another. Does Sammy have anything better to do than to jerk around the net community? I don't know what is going on with Sammy Hagar. I heard he recently had surgery to remove the tits from his back that he grew after hearing "Me Wise Magic." Do I believe this? No comment.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    "Can I reach it now? I'm not up her often. God only knows. And he ain't talking."

[This message has been edited by AllSoupNoFish (edited September 19, 2000 at 02:52 PM).]

[This message has been edited by AllSoupNoFish (edited September 19, 2000 at 02:53 PM).]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Note to self; before attempting to be clever in reply to a post, learn to use edit and quote features properly.

------------------

[This message has been edited by AllSoupNoFish (edited September 19, 2000 at 03:47 PM).]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look guys, Sam is just stating what he HEARD!, he's not some part of a grand plan to give misinformation to the fans! He probably is just hearing the same stupid rumors we are. I DO remember hearing a rumor a little while back about the DLR/VH thing blowing up, and them only recording 4 songs. Just because we heard that rumor a LONG time ago, doesn't mean Sammy just now heard it. Don't forget, we are on the net ALL the time, and hear all sorts of crap rumors. Maybe that's just the most recent thing Sammy heard! Give the man a break.
    peace

------------------
    UP FRONT FANATICS!!!

"If I were you, and you were me...wonder who I'd rather be" -- Sammy Hagar

"My idols were always people like Genghis Khan, Muhammad Ali, Alexander the Great, or the guy who invented McDonald's hamburgers" --David Lee Roth

visit the Sammy Hagar News Desk www.http://shnewsdesk.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, AllSoup, I wasn't directing my comments at you in a mass-negative way. Just trying to bring up why he was asked again about it before people descided to jump all over Sammy for saying what he heard.

------------------
    --------
    UP FRONT FANATIC!

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to contradict you, StuffNoMore, but my weekly newsletter of music (when I get home I'll tell you where I subscribed to) in Italy told me about that Sammy's Launch interview tidbit.
    So it's goin' mainstream all over the world... Internet have changed the world, you know...

------------------
    Right Now How Many Say I Can't Get This Stuff No More - ddregs

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

#1 Sammy never said this was true, just what he heard. And tell me how this is much different than anyone who posts in the rumor mill here? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd certainly hope that Sammy's got a "little" more credibility than the people who post rumors in the Rumor Mill.

If he didn't know for sure, than why would he talk about it for any other reason than to try and make waves?

What did Sammy expect? For no one to take notice of his words that Dave wasn't in the band? That he had back surgery? That there was another fight?

I can't blame anyone for questioning why Sammy said any of what he did. I'm not saying Sammy's lying, but he knew that what he was saying was unsubstantiated - And still said it, anyway.

He didn't bash VH or Dave, but he knew how the rumors would sound to the fans.

If he puts rumors out there for public consumption, he has to take the responsibility for the words.

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well said Down in Flames.

Listen, Sammy could've just said "I really don't know for sure what's going on with VH and Dave and I really don't care so let's get off this subject and talk about my new album."

But, Noooooooo, Sam has to open his big mouth and state shit that is not really confirmed. He knows that it would only get a rise out of the media, fans and generate more interest in him. Why is that so hard to believe Sam fans??

Sam can't go without an interview without talking about VH. Controversy sells and Sam is not stupid, so he knew exactly what he was doing.

So, give me a break with all this "Sam is a great guy" crap.

------------------
    EUAS

Let's Get this Show on The Road!!!!

(VV)
    "the show-stoppa!!" Always at the right place in yo face.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think Sammy is in a bit of a catch-22 (or as I like to call it, a Metallica). We Van Halen fans want to hear his take on VH and then when he talks about them, we think he should just mind his own business. Then we stand in line for his next interview, and if he says nothing VH related we're disappointed.

I think Sammy has every right to talk about Van Halen, just as Dave does. And I doubt that Sammy brings up the topic of VH in interviews, the interviewer does. I don't know about you guys, but it irks me when an artist is asked a simple question in an interview and they get all snotty and refuse to answer it.

It's only rock and roll, and publicity and the media is a giant game. Dave is a master of that game, and Sammy is no slouch either.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:

So, give me a break with all this "Sam is a great guy" crap.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's a valid point, and I think it would do us all good to remember that we don't really know any of the people in Van Halen. I think that Dave is the best frontman in the history of rock, but that doesn't mean that I know him, or that he's a good person. Same thing with Sammy; he seems like a great guy, but how do I know if he is or isn't? And the bottom line is a selfish one; if the album is great, I don't care how good or bad a human being the person is.

With people we admire, we tend to build up the things we like and ignore the things we dislike. Like when Michael Jordan had the gambling thing biting him in the ass. All of his supporters ignored it and told us, for example, what a great father Michael is. As if being a good father is somehow enough of a reason to ignore a dangerous habit.

And it's a two way street. Even to judge someone positively who you don't know is still an uninformed judgement. And yet I know I do that everyday here, so I'm as big a hypocrite as anyone.

Bottom line, I think we should all remember that we don't truly know any of the people in VH, and we should try to recognize that our opinions of them tend to be based on our own bias'.

Damn, there's a hell of a view from this soapbox.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good point Glenn.

As a staunch Dave supporter, even I don't know what Dave is really like. We know these people as 'performers', yet we don't know them as people.

I just wanted to get the point across that Sam is no saint, yet his fans seem to think he is.

------------------
    EUAS

Let's Get this Show on The Road!!!!

(VV)
    "the show-stoppa!!" Always at the right place in yo face.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I never said the man was a saint, just trying to keep people from calling him a sinner just because he said something in an interview that by no means can be proven as a fact or not.

Hell, I'm sure Sammy has his fair share of vices in life.

------------------
    --------
    UP FRONT FANATIC!