Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Weird thought

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You're 80 years old, shriveled and white-haired, great grandkids playing in the yard outside. Are you still singing along to "Everybody Wants Some" and "Runnin' With the Devil"? And is the volume up really loud because of your hearing deficit? It's going to happen in the future, folks. ("GRANDPA! TURN THAT DOWN!!") [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, van halen, they kicked ass, 50 years ago, they were number one across the world with 'jump', boy, where have all the good times gone?

come on, grandpa, eat your soup, it's getting cold

sniff

cheers,

SToRM
    dave, we'd like to go upstairs, the two of us, with you ...

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    No doubt that will be the case for me !! I cant wait for my 11 and my 2 year old to really discover rock and Van Halen.

Either way, I will be listening !

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm 22 years old and I kind of dislike old people. The last thing I want to think about is being some old bastard with grey hair who collects social security. Most of these old fucks don't like music anymore - I don't think they like anything except for a senior citizen's discount in a restaurant.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'll still be rocking to VH when I'm old. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't see how I could just stop.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I can't wrap my mind around the concept of Van Halen holding the same place as big band or swing music as far as age and listening groups.

Of course, it just means 78 years afterwards, someone will dig up Van Halen, rerecord a few of their songs, and steal their sound as pop embraces it again for about, oh, 2 months.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    I'm 22 years old and I kind of dislike old people. The last thing I want to think about is being some old bastard with grey hair who collects social security. Most of these old fucks don't like music anymore - I don't think they like anything except for a senior citizen's discount in a restaurant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just another disgruntled wanna-be low-rent musician! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigBadBrian:

Just another disgruntled wanna-be low-rent musician! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    [/Q] You forgot postal worker on there. Other then that mistake though you got me pegged. I am pissed off, I do live in low rent housing since I can't afford any better and I am a musician. Plus, who doesn't wanna be a rock star? BTW, this is more proof that people who take online discussion boards seriously can't take a joke.

[ August 09, 2001 at 07:59 AM: Message edited by: AxeSlinger84 ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH3
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't believe how much hostility lies with the youth of America. It's not as if Axe has said he wants to destroy the elderly, he's just telling us what we already know. As for Big Band? pfeh. Let Mavis Hornblower McGee try to match the awesome tones of Kip Winger... I dare you.
    "Well, well, well...Despite what the Florida tourism board has been feeding all you ignorant people, it is I, every female's top tourist destination and the man who's crotch is truly the happiest place on earth. The man who makes Minnie Mouse's panties wet and the man who just last night helped Daisy Duck fulfill her dream, as she took one for the team, and I made her squeal and scream, as I filled her full of cream. It is I, the bacon in her eggs, the man for whom she begs, and the face between her legs. The Quintessential and original Studmuffin and a good lord, have mercy, Goddamn handsome man. Turd, I shoot out a full condom filla and it taste like vanilla', Slinger." - Turd Slinger

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Absolutely, I'll still rock out! It's great being part of the first generation of people whose music pisses off their kids instead of embarrasses them!

My 2 older kids are into top40 (c)rap, and I'm sure they can't stand it when we go somewhere as a family, cause when I drive, it's my radio!

My 3-year-old digs Hot For Teacher & Ice Cream Man (I think VH is winning the battle over *N STINK that her sister plays! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] )

That will be a great thing to look forward to as a grandparent! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 10, 2001 at 07:20 AM: Message edited by: NE169 ]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 906 Posts

I'll be one of those old guys who still listens to Rock N Roll. Age won't matter to me. I'll be listening to Wolfgang Van Halen's band as well. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    I'm 22 years old and I kind of dislike old people. The last thing I want to think about is being some old bastard with grey hair who collects social security. Most of these old fucks don't like music anymore - I don't think they like anything except for a senior citizen's discount in a restaurant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Axe, you should envy those old folks...Back in their day, EVERYONE on radio could sing or play...You may not dig big band, but the talent that goes into that stuff is undeniable...

Secondly, aren't you generalizing just a bit about the senior discounts being the most important things in their lives? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

In fact, in 50 years, we could be reading about the VH grandchildren squabbling with their lead singer dilemmas! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Actually, as statistics go for diabetics, I may not make 80. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] If I do, I will probably be deaf because even now, at the young and spry age of 32, I don't hear my wife sometimes talking right next to me. She yells at me, saying I'm not paying any attention to her.

I take a line from the great modern day philospher Homer Simpson and say "honey, it's not that I'm not listening, it's just that I don't care!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That usually goes over like a horse in church.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When I'm 80, I will be playing "Eruption" for the chicky-babes in the nursing home. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Some things just will not change. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
    You're 80 years old, shriveled and white-haired, great grandkids playing in the yard outside. Are you still singing along to "Everybody Wants Some" and "Runnin' With the Devil"? And is the volume up really loud because of your hearing deficit? It's going to happen in the future, folks. ("GRANDPA! TURN THAT DOWN!!") [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotcha thinkin' about it, huh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>