Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    Just a thought...

Since we are left with just about nothing but speculation for the past 14 months, I wanted to share this and get some feedback.

Fact: Van halen has been silent about their future for over a year, and the only media Eddie has used was a short video for Peavey.

Fact: Dave has not announced any plans since the end of his last tour.

Fact: The band has been holed up in the studio for an unusually long period of time.

Fact: Ed had part of his toungue removed due to illness.

I was reminded of Queen in the eighties when they kept Freddie's illness silent (even the band members didn't know). Once the band members found out, they immediately darted for the studio to record as much music as they could before Freddie was to sick to perform.

Now, I'm not suggesting Ed has AIDS, but he could be losing a battle with cancer for all we know. All I'm saying is that this theory is as concrete and plauseable as the rest of the rumors spread around this band (maybe moreso). And yes, it pains me to think about it.

Worst case scenario, they might be trying to record as many tracks as they can while physical health allows, without intending to release all of them until after the upcoming album and tour.

On the other hand...

Best case scenario, the 4 of them might have found a really cool mental state with one another, and the songs are just flowing. Since they are not on anyone else's schedule for the first time since high school, they are taking advantage of the good vibes and really clicking musically. Why stop recording when the writing process is really grooveing?

I hope I'm way off with the cancer thing, but the truth is, we don't know.

Am I out of line?
    Is it any of our business?
    Or, is this just another frustrated fan craveing some new VH?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hellohawk:
    Now, I'm not suggesting Ed has AIDS, but he could be losing a battle with cancer for all we know.

Worst case scenario, they might be trying to record as many tracks as they can while physical health allows, without intending to release all of them until after the upcoming album and tour.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Like you said, anything is possible. I know we all want to believe that Eddie is totally healthy and going to live forever, but none of us are privy to medical reports etc, so we can't say with 100% certainty what Eddie's health situation is.

With your theory though, the hole in it in my opinion is that if Eddie had any kind of cancer that he was considered to be "losing his battle to", there's no way he'd be in the kind of shape to go on a concert tour later this year.

Personally, I believe that Eddie's health scare was more serious than we believe, but that things have worked themselves out on that front. If his health is poor now, how bad would it be in 8 or 10 months? There's no way they could be planning to tour later this year if Eddie's health was poor.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    From what I understand, it's not the cancer that prohibits activity, its the treatment.

I think Ed will pay whatever necessary to find the best, most pain-free treatment there is, because he can.

Again, I pray this isn't the case.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    The doctors may have informed him that he has 3-4 good years before said disease takes its toll.

I would think a goodbye tour to the fans would be one of the priorites for him and the band.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dont bury him yet guys

we'll hear the announcement real soon.
    just turn up the radio really loud till then!!
    E-Z

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    I don't want to bury anyone.

It's just that this situation is very odd and leaves itself open to countless possiblities, both good and bad.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exactly. I've been wondering the same exact things since that story broke in May.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, either there is a really good coverup happening or you guys are all just way too paranoid.

The fact is that we know Eddie went for some kind of preventive treatment.

We know the same day (more or less) this broke, Sherman (whether you believe him or not) first appeared to say nothing else but the media had blown this all out of proportion.

We know that Val gave a quote to TV Guide stating he had something removed from his tongue but was fine.

I'd say take things at face value. Eddie's health is fine. Is it so hard to believe that people might just want to fool around a lot in the studio instead of always being pressed for results?

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Album

VH I, VH II, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Women In Love, I'm The One
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:05 PM
    Liked 105 Times in 63 Posts

Well, my father is battling lung cancer right now. I can relate that perhaps this might be really effecting the band's timeline. Realistically, from what we've heard, I would say health issues aren't a factor by now. However, as metioned before, it is a distinct possibility and we speculators should treat it as such.

We have absolutely no clue what is going on in the VH camp. They owe us nothing. They make music and we choose to be fans and purchase their product. They are not obligated to us to share any information they do not want us to know. They may produce and distribute their product whenever they want. We owe them the patience to wait for them to inform us of whatever it is they want to tell us, whenever they decide to.

For people to criticize them for not saying anything and dragging their feet, without knowing the inner-circle details, is very self-centered and disrespectful. These are regular guys with real life problems and issues. Let them deal with their own stuff and then we can choose to buy or not buy their product. Silence is golden, and if that's the way Eddie wants it, I respect his decision. Does that make me less frustrated since I am craving a new release? NO! Can I understand that he doesn't want anything said until he feels comfortable with the entire situation? ABSOLUTELY. Patience is a virtue my friends, and we shall be rewarded for having shown it. I guarantee it.

------------------
    "Forked tongue in double-speak"

"Your iron lung's a bag of wind"