Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 190 Times in 83 Posts

At rayluzier.com, DLR's drummer states that they are in the middle of recording a DLR Band album. I don't know what the reunion fuss is all about. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] It seems pretty clear to me that Dave is doing a DLR Band album and it seems SH has signed some new record deal. May I add that Mr. Hagar, unlike his blab indicates, is not in that much better position than DLR. His albums are selling like shit and the record label he has supposedly signed to is crap. Don't misunderstand me, his solo stuff maybe great music for his fans and that is fine. However, his actions during last year's Sam and Dave tour were ridiculous. He made it seem that he did Dave some huge favor by "pulling him out of the gutter were he'll go back to after the tour." Dave may have gonne back into the gutter, but so is Mr. Hagar. The truth is that they are both passe with nothing left to say. And both want back into VH bad. It is the only vehicle for either to have a few more blasts prior to retirement. In my humble opinion, neither singer would pull a VH album that would sell more than platinum at this point. I could be wrong though.

peace... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    What are your major influences?

"Our major influences are my cock, Schlitz Malt Liquor, fast cars, loud music, volume. You know, all the usual."

DLR-1977

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Originally posted by edvanheineken:
    record label he has supposedly signed to is crap
    How's your record label?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Is this an opions forum? I have a successful career..thanks for asking! So what if I said SH has a shit of a record label! Why are you so offended? Do you live on earth? Do I need a record deal to state my opinions? Haven't you noticed that critics do not necessarily excell in the field they critique? For instance, Roger Ebert. What about the thousands of CD reviews we read all the time. Are those people writing beautiful songs prior to writing a bad review. Come on! Get a grip. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not only is there not going to be freakin reunion, Van Halen will never again record an album. Personally, I think Eddie is worse off than both sammy and dave as far as performance ability. I've read numerous reports on his recent public appearences and he just doesn't look good. I hope I'm wrong though.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by edvanheineken:
    Is this an opions forum? I have a successful career..thanks for asking! So what if I said SH has a shit of a record label! Why are you so offended? Do you live on earth? Do I need a record deal to state my opinions? Haven't you noticed that critics do not necessarily excell in the field they critique? For instance, Roger Ebert. What about the thousands of CD reviews we read all the time. Are those people writing beautiful songs prior to writing a bad review. Come on! Get a grip. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    The only thing I'd like to get a grip on is your neck - to choke some sense into you. You, sir, are a very abrasive individual with a disgustingly negative username. I suggest you leave this place now before you get hurt. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow. I wouldn't expect such harsh words from someone under Dave's employment (maybe some money issues there?)

I think that he's right unfortunetly. Sammy was a bit out of line. Less then 100,000 records sold of his last CD is nothing to be proud of.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

QUOTE]The only thing I'd like to get a grip on is your neck - to choke some sense into you.[/QUOTE]

I'm abrasive? You have some nerve. Read your own post Mr. Alex Van Heineken. Where is Glenn when you need him? This guy is on here ensiting people to start crap. I never stepped out of line in my comments. Tough guys like you always hide behind their keyboards. You little weisel! No one else has a problem with my screen name and yours frankly isn't far from mine. I heard Roth say it and thought it was funny. You obviously did not come up with yours any differently. Rocket scientist of screen names! And who is going to hurt me you idiot? You better think twice before you go making threats. You are a completely deranged hermit! FO!!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    What are your major influences?

"Our major influences are my cock, Schlitz Malt Liquor, fast cars, loud music, volume. You know, all the usual."

DLR-1977

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]However, his actions during last year's Sam and Dave tour were ridiculous

what do u mean, what ridiculous actions took place?
    rock

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

[quote]Originally posted by dwalsh5150:
    However, his actions during last year's Sam and Dave tour were ridiculous

what do u mean, what ridiculous actions took place?
    I'll be glad to explain. SH was pissed and ripped DLR a new ahole in the press every chance he got. I think he knew the type of guy Dave is/was and should not have gonne on tour with the expectation that they would become buddies. Sam got all bent out of shape because Dave did not want to do a duet and party with him. To that I say...so what?! If Dave didn't want to, he should not have to. Sure it would have been nice. However, it was great the way it was. Sammy proved he had a great voice and Dave showed he could still entertain. Albeit, both are old for certain. There is no denying that. VH better decide on this reunion soon if ever. These guys are no spring chickens. Man what a decision the brothers have on their hand! Go with one of the two old guys or chance a fourth singer? Either way, it could be the end for certain if it does not work out. We know what that means... 2xplatinum or so? Anyway, Sam is entitle to his expectaions. He wanted Dave to be a sport and play along. What was wrong was him going on and on and on and on about it! OK already! You found out you don't like Dave for sure. That's fine. Just shut up about it already. Dave doesn't like you either Sam! You know damn well you both did it for money and a little glory that neither alone could have mustered! Enjoy it for what it was. By the way, what a shame these guys could go at it again. It looks like SH is scheduled to tour with Lynard Skynard. Geesh...we know how fun that will be. Just about as good as DLR with Bad Company. Oh well, hope dave goes out too. I'll just leave after he opens up for ???

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

well not to be a ball buster, but it seems like a reunion with sam or dave hasn't been an issue in 5 years...lol

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I wish Vegas would set some odds for Dave's return or Sammy's return. It would probably be like.

Sammy: 1 in 5150
    Dave: 1 in 10,300 (5150 doubled)

If I were to place odds, it would be.

65% for Sam's to return.
    10% for Dave's return
    25% for for singer #4.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Eddymon:
    I wish Vegas would set some odds for Dave's return or Sammy's return. It would probably be like.

Sammy: 1 in 5150
    Dave: 1 in 10,300 (5150 doubled)

If I were to place odds, it would be.

65% for Sam's to return.
    10% for Dave's return
    25% for for singer #4.
    No odds on no new singer?

As a bookmaker, you would make a good fisherman Eddymon [img]smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gee Eddymon!
    No bias in your odds at all!

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

I'll take that bet! $20 on the 2000 Dave sessions being released.What kind of odds will you give me on that?
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Depending on who ever is hired, what makes you think theres a market for Van Halen anymore? Even if Dave comes back you think they can pull another 1984 or Van Halen 1. Do you guys really think Sammy can pull off another 5150 or FUCK? I don't even under the name Van Halen. if Van Halen comes back its not going to pull the number of fans it did back in '84 or even '95.