Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

oooo, um... fair warning, or 5150, or VH1? ah!
    Favorite VH Song

bugger! today its \'in\'n\'out\', but yesterday was \'good enough\'!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey, this isn't a reply to any other letter on this forum, i just got a bit sick of the VH.com crap today. so i mailed bradman. your thoughts are totally welcome.

"Hi i'm Nick from England, i'm 18 and i'd have to say that van-halen.com is probably THE crappiest band web-site on the entire internet. Nothing has EVER changed since i began checking the site out about two or three years ago. The last message posted on the 'news in brief' section was in may of last year! brief?! this really does suck. i mean does Van Halen pay you a regular salary to maintain such a shitty little site. Every day there's the section 'Today in 198? Van Halen plays...'! 1980-something! What about.. 2003?! And thats the only thing that ever changes on the site!

I signed up to the newsletter when i first started checkin out the site. never have i recieved an email. not a problem, but why ask people to subscribe? And it's 3rd Feb and no sign of January Wolfgang winner.

I'm not really having a dig at you Bradman, cus i guess its not really your fault whether there's any news. I don't know if you're a Van Halen fan, i know i'm only 18 but they're one of my all-time favourite bands. I think they are/were a great band with so much more potential, but there's so many fans that're gonna turn their backs on VH cus of the raw deal we're getting. I understand Edd's been through some shit lately with divorce & cancer, which is harsh, but fuck! If they don't want to be a band anymore then close the site down, stop all the reunion rumours and stop leading us on. And if stuff IS going to happen then the fans need more than this nothingness if when/if new VH material were to surface they wanna sell more than the pants number of copies of VH3 that were sold, and wanna sell more tickets than the disaster of the VH3 tour.

This will sound so lame and probably undermine the whole e-mail, but Ed is like some sort of living God figure to an amature musician like myself. Through his playing I and others feel in a way like he owes a part of him to us, which is crazy, but surely he and VH know that this is just a poor show.

I think it'd be cool if this e-mail could get to Ed's own eyes, so he could see what his true fans are feeling, but that's pretty unlikely.

Yours in hope of somekind of VH activity/response,
    Nick Woods."
    Nick. Layne will live on.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't say for sure but I'd expect a "sod you" in the mail within the next 48hrs.

It's not Brad's fault the band isn't active. The site is pretty good given that fact. There's quite a bit more "fan" content on the VH site than there is on sites from the same era. There's history, pics, even desktop content. It's all free, and more importantly, there's nothing jamming merchandise down your throat. I mean, whether you like it or not, this is a band with a lot of history. I like the fact that the website acknowledges that, instead of trying to sell me some shit ass dvd or some man-panties.

I didn't understand the Peavey thing. February started on Saturday, and now it's Monday (the winner is posted now, btw). It takes a few days sometimes, especially over a weekend. You gotta cut people a break sometimes, especially when they are giving out shit for free.

You were losing me by the end of your letter. You gotta remember that Brad takes orders from the band, and probably not even directly from EVH. It's not his place to tell them what their fans are thinking. If they want to know, he can tell them where to go to find out. The tell him what he is allowed to show and what he is allowed to say.

Everyone says Brad's a jagoff... yeah maybe that's fair. He's standing in a pile of shit, too, though. He's the webmaster for a band that hasn't done anything noteworthy in quite a while. He gets tons of mail with people asking him what's going on with the band, trying to contact the band through him, complaining at the band through him... Would you be pissy in that situation?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Good email but you will probably get a less then satisfactory answer. Actually, lame is probably a better word.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

11.03.15 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what the hell is brad doing right now? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What surprises me is people expect v-h.com to be some great mega-site with lots of rapidly changing content.

Doesn't everybody know by now that all the good material on the internet is on fan-supported sites? Corporate sites are always lame. Case in point - when was the last time anything worthwhile was ever available from www.mountaindew.com? In this regard, v-h.com is actually one of the better company websites out there. There's not much else Brad can really do with it as long as the band itself insists on ignoring the medium.

Compare v-h.com with Mike's website. Both are maintained by Brad, but mysteriously Mike's site is more up to date and active. Since Brad and Mike are the same from site to site, guess where the real problem lies.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bigbadwolf:
    what the hell is brad doing right now? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Right now, Brad might be playing the piano... badly

Right now, Brad might be having unprotected sex... with Ray Daniels.

Right now, Brad might be acting perverted... in a court of law.

Right now, VHforums members and Brad might not eat together very much.

It's all right now... turn this thing around...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't think that's the order of but oh well I haven't seen that video in awhile.
    Eat Us and Smile!