Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When they are asked why they got back together with Dave again. I think in 1985 - 1996 Dave said more negetive things about VH than VH said about him. But after the reunion Ed & Al made some pretty bold statements about Dave & themselves. (I can't remember Mike ever saying anything bad about Dave). They are going to be asked this question. The only semi-good answer I can think they could give is the fans wanted it. How do you think they will respond?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's hard to say if VH will put themselves into a position where they're forced to answer difficult questions. But you'd think they will be doing a ton of press, so they won't always be friendly interviewers. I think both Ed/Al and Dave will face certain uncomfortable questions, only Dave is more press savvy. Certainly Ed and Al will be asked why they took Dave back. But Dave will also probably be asked why he'd come back to the band; the press will be aware of Dave's recent sales and tour size, so they won't let him totally get away with claiming to be here to save VH's asses.

Last Online

11.02.05 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

agreed man, together they are HUUUUGE! but either on there own,(or vh without sammy or dave) is going to find weaker albums and divided fan loyalty.

------------------
    peace and mas tequila!

(right now it's nicer in cabo)

oh my god you killed kenny! YOU BASTARD!!
    -UP FRONT FANATICS !!!!!!!!!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream is Over
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it'll be focused on the moment & what's happinin now. The original Van Halen, reuiniting. The new album, the upcoming tour ect... Fuck the soap opera man, it's been goin on for years. I think they'd want to put it to rest man. Hopefully it's gonna be a reunion, they're gonna be getting along great, the music is gonna rock & the tour's gonna sell out everywhere. That's enough info the press needs to know, hopefully that's what they focus on.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie and Alex will do what they have always done, LIE! "We're not in it for the money. This is for the fans. We love Dave and want to make peace. We are not in this for the money. Really, don't you believe us? You better, or I'll kick you in the nuts!" That is exactly what they'll do, LIE! Because let's face it folks. The Brothers fucking HATE Dave Roth and that's the godamn truth.Peace out. But that's O.K.. I do not care if they love or hate each other. Just as long as they are back together.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

madden, I wish I had seen this before I responded to you in the Main.

Dude, that is the most uninformed, idiotic, one-sided thing I've read in a while! It is your right to say it but pa-lease at least say something that is half fair. The bottom line is noone knows what the real truth is to any of these break-ups. You write as though you have been through it all with them and know everything said. You don't.

I'm in the process of reading Dave's book and will admit that I have a new found reserved admiration for Dave. But the book, so far, makes Dave out to be the only solid thing Van Halen ever had going for them. We know that is not true. I can't really comment on much more because I want to finish it, but so far, it is one sided...like your comment.

Sure they will have to answer questions about a reunion. But as long as everyone, including Roth, do the best they can to show that they have grown and the past is over there should be no problem with the press. Unless, of course, Kurt Loder tries like hell to create some friction on the spot. (I can totally see tha comomg folks!! Be warned)

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well madden, i hate to say it but i agree 100%
    if they hated dave that much how did they stay together through the first era. hell, they dont have to live together anyway

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, they'll probably say something like:

After all the lies, the mistrust, the three ring circus going around us, we figured, enough was enough. It was time to put this thing to bed once and for all. So we gave Dave another shot, taking it day by day. If it works out, as it has so far, the past is the past. If not, then you'll know you can call it a mutual decision between all of us this time, not between just one party or another.

... Or at least that would SOUND good.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW I'm livin' on the corner of Mean St. and Old Amsterdam Blvd.
    --------
    "Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ..."
    UP FRONT FANATIC!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"We only did what Ray told us to do."

------------------
    RIGHT NOW....The original Van Halen is working together somewhere....

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Best thing to do would be to and bear it!!

------------------
    You only get one chance to make a good first impression.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

i think eddie will say, "dave has balls the size of an elephant, and if he f**** this up, i'm going to kick him right in them!"

------------------
    your official vhlinks prosecutor

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alex said it once, but maybe this time he'll mean it: "YOU CAN'T FOOL THE FANS."

eddymon
    They will say "sorry but we are nothing but a bunch of talented musicians that don't know truth from reality and Dave really isn't the one to blame for all the problems in the past, we were just acting like scared kids after getting caught doing something that we were not supposed to be doing and we just plainly made shit up and stretched the truth. We knew something to be true,AND THEN DENIED IT!!!"

[This message has been edited by eddymon (edited July 20, 2000 at 09:34 AM).]

[This message has been edited by eddymon (edited July 20, 2000 at 09:34 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In all seriousness, I think part of what's taking so long is preparing themselves to answer all of these questions and to handle any awkward situations with the media. They know very well what kind of questions could be(and probably will be) coming their way. You have to have a game plan.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW....The original Van Halen is working together somewhere....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

i for 1, can't wait to hear some new Dave quotes. You just KNOW while this is all going on that he's thinking all these funny assed quotes up to say to the press.