Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For now perhaps it would be best to assume VH is doen, retired, left the building, whatever term you want to use. Personally I don't listen to any VH anymore, kinda grew out of it I guess, time passes and life moves on. But still VH has an amazing career to look back on, huge acomplishments with 2 singers, an experimental album with a tour featuring songs not played live in years, huge impact on a generation of guitar players, and the instrument itself. They have done well. And of course the music. However I will say upon reflection music is not timeless. Rather music is like an excursion through time. I can here or listen to a song, Van Halen or almost anyother band, and I can remember and feel just as I did the time that song came out. That is the true meaning of music...impact/connection with the listener, and feel. Music is all feel, and VH certainly had that. They had it with Hagar, and ahhh, yes they had it with DLR ok I'll admit it *lol*

Just a thought I had today [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're right man, they are done but they're like Led Zeppelin or The Beatles etc. Although we'll never see any new music you can still put one of their old albums on and listen to it whenever. The beauty of recorded music.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

Some good points in these posts but one thing I must disagree is that Van Halen is certainly not done. Eddie has too much music left for people to hear. I can't see this band going out on a whimper. I may be holding on to the past and the present doesn't look to good but the future is right around the corner. Time will tell.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice post Zadian. I just wish they would make one more albu, because i dont feel that they get the same credit that some bands due. VH can be considered on the same level as hendrix, zeppelin, even the stones.
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some interesting points but I'll have to disagree with you on one thing...music is timeless. Beethoven and Debussy influenced Edward big time. If their musical compositions weren't timeless, then Eddie wouldn't have done what he has up to this current day. Classical is played all the time and stirs different emotions in people every day. Most of it was composed hundreds of years ago. Eruption is timeless. That solo has and still is influencing musicians to this day. Here's another example, Yngwie's whole musical aura revolves around two composers and players from a few hundred years ago, Bach and Paganini. These are the reasons why music is timeless.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sounds like Zadian's a little worried since Slawterhouse went down.....

I know the reunion of Van HALEN is your worst nightmare [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FORD, one of these days you'll realize Dave's sites went down because he can't pay the bills, silly [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zadian:
    I don't listen to any VH anymore, kinda grew out of it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT?????????????????????

With all due respect Zadian, how does one "Grow out of" listening to Van Halen?

Sure I don't listen to them 24/7, but I could never go more than a few days without playing some Van Halen in my CD player! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Started listening to VH in 1985 and I haven't quit since!

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD

A VH reunion with Roth is NOT my worst nightmare, would be nice to have new music from VH, even if it is with Roth. I just don't think VH could be progressive with Roth as he is stuck in the 80's, it's like he is freeze dried...just add water and boom, throwback to 80's. I also think it would amount to nothing more than a nostalgia act at the local summer festival. Unless Dave can become a little more progressive and grow up it will be a failure if they even make it through a tour. And VH with Roth man, christ that is like my high school years, I can't relate to that mentality anymore, which yes built the foundation for VH, but people grow up. Also since I don't visit any Roth sites I never new they were down except from references on this board about it. I like the comment that the reason was he can't pay his bills. Although lack of interest is the most likely cause. A reunion I find unlikely since they have tried a few times over last couple years and can't get it together...they just don't get along and have different musical visions. And if it does come to fruitation it will fall apart anyway at some point.

Regarding my 'Grew out of VH' comment. I prefer to listen to more current music, what's new and innovative. I just don't find I listen to them (VH) anymore...if they had something new and it was good I am sure I would dig out stuff from years gone by, but I no longer make it a point to listen to VH other than the odd song, I want new VH music, with any singer. And even with music today I find I really don't care about blistering guitar solo's anymore as they don't really do anything for the song, like all the 80's crap where they would try and put as many notes as fast as they could, like who really cares. That is why Eddie stood out, did it with class and the song was usually good. Is why, other than being with Hagar, he made it through the late 80's and early 90's.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.