Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van who?

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't know about you guys (and women), but people are starting to talk about VH as if they fell of the end of the earth.

I am sick of waiting for news, it gets frustrating. I will be relieved and overjoyed when an announcement is made but this is ridiculous.

Everyone knows its Dave that is back announce something. What is gained by this silence, absolutely nothing.

Almost 3 years with no album and 26 months of no live shows. I could have released an album by now and all I play is the skin flute!!!!

------------------
    Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:

...and all I play is the skin flute!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uuhh, that's just a little bit more information than I needed to know.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Relax guys, it's not the end of the world if VH doesn't release an album for a while. They had 3 years between OU812 and FUCK and 3 years bewteen Balance and 3(can't count Best of since there were only 3 new songs).

------------------
    Kenyon Vincent-the linker formerly known as Red-Balled Mammoth.
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    What is gained by this silence, absolutely nothing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look at it, Van Halen and David Lee Roth are still not the best buddies in the entire world. They still have had some differences. I'm sure you remember '96. Van Halen is trying to prevent another '96 from happening, mainly because the band is on the line this time.

The wait is frustrating, but this patience will pay off in the end. We want things to work out between VH and Roth, we don't want to see two songs and another controversy.

(Damn...that post reeked of Brad - I'm terribly sorry, guys )

------------------
    Classic VH. Ain't nothin' like it in the world.

Dirty Faced Kid - not literally

Strange is beautiful.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

EVH Fanatic, I've ssen a lot of posts lately concerning people being sick of the wait. I know it sucks.

But we have to stay positive. What keeps me from flipping out from the wait is this thought :

The greatest frontman ever is back with the greatest band ever.

And it can't be long now...

=VH=

------------------
    "Dude, he looks like Rumplestiltskien. Get back under the bridge mu-fugger!!" - An enlightened assessment after having viewed a photograph of Ray Daniels, provided by seenbad

Official Bartender Of VHForums

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The wait really ain't buggin' me that much. I've got other things to do, and I'm sure everything will be cool.

It really is amazing how confident I am in the reunion. Almost a religous thing!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

AFU/Naturally Wired
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm pretty confident that VH and Dave are back. We've seen and heard from pretty reliable sources (i.e. Dweezil) that it's a go. I think that this whole thing with their former manager was ALOT messier than any of us really know. Everything that I've read about the guy was that he was a real dick, and that his contract was up Dec 31, 2000. If he was as crappy as what I've read, I can easily see him standing in the way of VH and Dave even recording "note one" until Jan 1, 2001.

So, for them to be reportedly done with 4 or 5 songs since Jan 1, that's pretty cool. What I am a little concerned with is not one word about anything from the VH camp. I know that they really stepped on each other the last time with the MTV thing. But, cmon, at least own up to doing it right this time around. I think all of the music world would respect them a little more if they just came out and said, "hey, we screwed up the last reunion, this one is going to be done right."

Oh well, just some more "two cents" from a VH fan waiting, waiting, waiting......and not much in the music world right now is getting me up.....oh wait, is that NStink I hear? See ya, I gotta go listen to that again......RIGHT!!!

Cmon VH, save us from this boy band, white boyz trying to be black music purgatory that we're wallowing in!

guitarsolos
    In Dave We Trust!!!
    Patience my friends

------------------
    Whoooaaa TRIGGER!!!
    -------------------------
    I am just a punk kid who plays guitar.
    What is understood ..should not be discussed!!
    "In Dave We Trust"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, realistically though, there is some merit to the "fell off the face of the Earth" comment.

When you wait 4-5 years between albums a lot of the casual fanbase moves on and, especially if you're a pop act, you have to have a major radio hit to recapture your old momentum.

Perfect example would be Def Leppard between Pyromania and Hysteria. The first single off of Hysteria peaked at something like 80, as most people had "forgotten" about them.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

guitarsolos
    Stuff No More: You are exactly correct with the Def Leppard example....Boston is a great example too. Look how many albums these bands have sold without the popularity that Van Halen has.

------------------
    Whoooaaa TRIGGER!!!
    -------------------------
    I am just a punk kid who plays guitar.
    What is understood ..should not be discussed!!
    "In Dave We Trust"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

My take has always been that we die hards are going to make up a pretty small percentage of their target market for albums and concert tickets. A larger portion will be people who have drifted away long ago, and people who are only casually aware of VH in the first place. And for those people, I think it's almost irrelevant whether VH fires up the machine in December of 2000, July of 2001 or December of 2001.

If you stopped listening to VH in 1989, it's not like when the album is released in July of 2001 (made up date BTW) you're going to say "well, I would have bought it in 2000, but not now". To reach those people who have drifted away or will pick up on VH through the radio, I think the timing is much less important than we may think as long as the promotional work is done correctly.

------------------
    More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Who do they think they are kidding?

Do you think that they feel that they can release the albums first single and surprise everyone?

The rumors are out there and have been out there since November 5th 1999!!

Dave has been silent since then as well and that only adds proof to the puddy.

Now why can't they just come out and say that,
    "we would like to thank our fans for their continued support and we are working on 2 things right now, first being patching up old wounds with Dave and second, recording a new studio album that we plan on releasing on (fill in the date).
    We are all very hopeful that we can all work together again and recapture the magic we once had and continue on as the original Van Halen line-up.
    We are not guaranteeing that this will work but we are all committed to giving it our best effort this time, not only for the fans, but for our own good."

Thats all they need to say and most fans will be happy and waiting for the new shit.

peace

------------------
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH EDDIE, ALEX, MIKE & DAVE.

*****Gary was Van Halen's mid-life crisis*****

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

StuffNoMore...If I recall, 'Women' flopped because the song licked ass...'Pour Some Sugar On Me' sent 'Hysteria' into orbit...

------------------
    "Van Halen fans been hangin' in there for a long time...they're probably the best fans in the world..."-Sammy

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Women doesn't "lick ass" as you so eloquently put it.

Furthermore, they play it live even to this day, and the crowd eats it up (I should know, I've been there)

A lot of sales in music are based on momentum. When you have it, you need to capitalize on it. That's why young bands and pop acts release albums every year. They want people high from their old album to apply that to the new one. Wait too long and trends change, people move on, and you've been "Vanilla Ice"d.

This is part of the reason why the "sophomore slump" exists - artists rush the second album to capitalize on momentum and it suffers as a result.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

[This message has been edited by Stuff No More (edited February 21, 2001 at 08:57 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Just imagine the momentum they'd gain IF they just did what Eddymon suggested. At least in that regard, we KNOW who will be behind the mic. All we have now is still purely speculation and hopeful insights. Confirm the inevitable, give us something to look forward to. THEN, if it doens't fly, admit it and move on. Own up to the fact that SOME things are not meant to be. I personally believe honesty is the best situation to deal with...NOT being kept in the dark and having the wool stretched over your head.

------------------
    "Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we try and have a special surprise for you here and tonite we got a whole sh*tload of 'em for you and right now, we want to whip the first one at you here! Y'know, usually Ed doesn't sing this part of the song and when he does tonight for the first time, you'll find out why!"

-David Lee Roth, Milwaukee 1980