Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

thatslikeaskingwhatmyfavjunkfoodis
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] anything other than DLR era VH is just that: karoake. After listening to a live bootleg of Cherone Im convinced now more than ever. Also, what they oughta do rather than get yet another singer, because I dont think Roth or Hagar is interested in the job, is just pick a few fans out of the audience for the job at every show. Hows that concept.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the problem with that is every other fan in the audience would have to endure the 1 fan (and there's always 1) who thinks they can sing but sounds like a strangled cat [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

what about getting fans to audition for the role of lead singer? there must be one out there with a good range and an ability to write melodies

Top Of The World ShutUpNPlayYer Guitar's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

01.08.11 @ 12:00 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by sparks, paul brian:
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] anything other than DLR era VH is just that: karoake. After listening to a live bootleg of Cherone Im convinced now more than ever. Also, what they oughta do rather than get yet another singer, because I dont think Roth or Hagar is interested in the job, is just pick a few fans out of the audience for the job at every show. Hows that concept.
    Wow, such a unique viewpoint from this guy. Considering Hagar and Cherone as karaoke singers is nothing short of absurd. Just because they didn't "sound" like Roth?? There is only one thing I agree is that the Cherone bootlegs do not sound great, but he probably wasn't comfortable with the brothers van halen. Plus, how much confidence would YOU have if everyone was booing you, and screaming for DAVE....didn't think so.
    Hagar had a much better voice than Roth, in my opinion..he had more control and could hit the high notes without going WHAAAOOOOOOO all the time....which is cool, but DLR overdid it. I just think it's a shame that nobody can accept a new VH singer since 85. Listen to Can't Get THis Stuff No More,, Dave sounds like a wounded dog. ALL singers have downfalls, but to say that Cherone and Hagar are karaoke derived singers is a shitty thing to say.

[ March 28, 2002 at 06:50 PM: Message edited by: ShutUpNPlayYer Guitar ]</p>
    "Cocked, Locked, and ready to Rock, Doc!"

2007 Fantasy Baseball CHAMPION....Links League 2

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by sparks, paul brian:
    stupid.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Originally posted by ShutUpNPlayYer Guitar:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sparks, paul brian:
    Hagar had a much better voice than Roth, in my opinion..he had more control and could hit the high notes without going WHAAAOOOOOOO all the time....which is cool, but DLR overdid it. </font>[/QUOTE]U.S. Festival bootleg is proof.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    U.S. Festival bootleg is proof.
    Yeah, about 180 proof, the whole band, that is. They were shitfaced, and all 4 of them were fucking up through the entire show.

And ya know what?

It was a far more entertaining show than anything Van Hagar and Van Danniels ever did.

As for the question of "karaoke", given Sammy's refusal to sing more than 3 Van HALEN songs (and butchering the ones he did try), I wouldn't call that an accurate description.

But VDIII was a total Garyoake show.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

08.30.13 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought this thread was acyually about Van Halen karaoke. I sing karaoke 3 nights a week. I own a Van Halen disc, which has these songs on it.

Legends Series- CD+G

Jump
    And The Cradle Will Rock
    Panama
    Just A Gigolo
    Dancing In The Street
    Pretty Woman
    Dreams
    When It's Love

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by FORD:
    It was a far more entertaining show than anything Van Hagar and Van Danniels ever did.
    So you went to a show on the III tour, did ya?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Originally posted by MikeL:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FORD:
    So you went to a show on the III tour, did ya?</font>[/QUOTE]Must have since he is well-versed in the karoake part. That must have been one hell of a kaorake machine! I s someone saying that Eddie, Alex and Mike were pre-recorded and Gary sang the songs?
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

kar∑a∑o∑ke (k‚r' - '-k )
    n.
    1. A music entertainment system providing prerecorded accompaniment to popular songs that a performer sings live, usually by following the words on a video screen.
    2. The performance of such music.

Van Halen with Sammy or Gary doesn't quite fit that definition. The music wasn't prerecorded. Further, VH3 material was never popular

[ April 01, 2002 at 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Stuff No More ]</p>
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."