Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I hate to be negative with regards to the future of Van Halen but maybe we really have reached the end of the line. I remember an interview that Ed gave during the Australian leg of the VH3 tour where he stated something along the lines of "Gary is in for life, if it doesn't work out Al and I would probably just do movie scores." Looking back at this maybe those words should be taken with more meaning. All the signs right now point to nothing on the horizon with regards to Van Halen. Meodicrock is speculating the formation of some kind of supergroup involving Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony. This may or may not be accurate but if true is certainly not good news in terms of anything Van Halen related.
    When WB and Van Halen parted company I initially thought this may be a positive in regards to Van Halen's future as the band could now go in any direction they choose. Right Now though I don't see them going in any direction and their future seems as unclear now as it did when Gary announced he was leaving the band. If Ed is still unwilling to work with Dave and Sam is happy doing his own thing we're left with 2 possible scenarios a)4th vocalist b) nothing at all. It doesn't seem likely that a 4th vocalist will generate any type of commercial success for the band and I'm sure all persons within the Van Halen party are aware of this. This leaves scenario B as the only other alternative. Maybe Ed and Al are ready to put Van Halen behind them and move on to other muscial projects. I hope that's not the case but it seems like the only logical conclusion at this point. The only ray of hope I see right now is that the band has not choosed to announce anything official in terms of a retirement which lends a little hope to the band doing something in the not to distant future. Here's hoping that we haven't heard the last of Van Halen-say it ain't so ED!!!!
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good post. I think the reunion is dead for sure. I'm not convinced that Eddie's ready to hang it up though.

Either way, I'm done with VH. Dave is Eddie's only chance to regain me as a fan. I don't think I'm alone in that feeling either.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, u are not alone in that feeling.
    It seems that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    I signed up here in 1999. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    It´s time to leave that VH fiasco behind me.
    Life has more to offer than waiting for VH.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I expect Van Halen to get a fourth singer, that is probably why they left Warner Brothers.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's a well put together post by Mario VH. I remember Kurt Loder interviewing VH after the '96 MTV awards, and Alex responded to Kurt's question about the audience response to all 4 original members being there by saying "There's alot of history to this band,..... and the audience can tell when you're BSing them and when you're not". I think that, by and large, VH fans and consumer America, as well as Warner Bros., kinda put a bit of a crunch on VH after that show by wanting to see the original line-up back together on a permanent basis. And that probably knocked EVH for a loop. His feelings against DLR were strong at the time. Now I'm certain that DLR is no angel to work with or to live with, but most VH fans maintain that it was with DLR that Van Halen paid its dues, and rose to become the most colossal band in American rock history. It was with DLR that they made the magic. Even now, though much time has past, and many things have happened since the MTV awards show, EVH and DLR can only work together in short spurts before they grow tired of each other. In an interview with a guitar magazine after the awards show, EVH stated, "I love Dave, he just sucks the life out of me". In Dave's book, "Crazy from the heat", Dave says, ".....get that guitar out his hand, and Edward Van Halen is a crummy human being". So, in spite of all the rumors and hype that many on this site will try to spark, I've resigned myself to the premise that Van Halen is now no longer a part of rock 'n' roll's present, but part of rock 'n' roll's very rich history. "...There's a little Van Halen in everybody..." [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Jim Bailes

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Well, I would certainly buy the scores that Ed and Alex would come up with...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.21.10 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mario, I agree, but would like to add that if the reunion were totally off and things were over forever, Dave would come out and say it.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I hear what you're saying Tommy but Dave is the kind of guy who is the ever eternal optimist. He's probably thought a reunion was inevitable since the day he first left the band. The Van Halen brothers might be stubborn enough to prove Dave wrong even though the majority of the fans would love to see a Dave/VH reunion.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Tommy:
    Mario, I agree, but would like to add that if the reunion were totally off and things were over forever, Dave would come out and say it.
    If Dave were to come out and say the reunion is dead, that would burn his last bridge to 5150. If he doesn't say anything he leaves it in Eddie's court.

Bottom line is the reunion IS dead, at least for now. Dave isn't going to say anything negative about it though so that maybe down the road it could still happen.