Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Thay maybe the Sam & Dave tour was staged to finally show the comparisons and lack of vocal range between Dave & Sam? After quite some time passes about doing a co-headlining the first time, Sammy finally agrees to do it. Could it be that VH wanted this just to show the fans just who really is the better singer and to finally end the Dave vs. Sammy BS thats been going around since 1986?

The majority of the reviews say that Sam was much better than Dave in all aspects of the tour. Therefor Sammy then would be the right man for the VH gig again right?

Then you add Mike's rekindled friendship with Sammy. Followed by Gary playing the last ahow (Sam & Dave tour show) with Sammy for a couple of songs.

Its like the voting was by the time the frist leg of the tour was over and then all that needed to be done was show Gary that Sam has no bad feelings towards him and invited him on stage at what ended up being the final show.

Gary later that night told a friend of mine back stage that he is almost certain that Sammy will be back in VH very soon. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] And that that night was the first time that either of them had met. In fact Gary didn't rehearse anything and wasn't there for the soundcheck.

I have always maintained how much I loved Dave in VH, but its just not there anymore between them, I wish it were, but its just not. You can't force that anymore. Maybe when you are in your early 20's, but not at this stage in their careers.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

seems unlikely but ya never know..

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Yeah right, as if Gary is in the loop as to who will front the band.
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Any
    Favorite VH Song

Any
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 08:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by weesfreewheelin:
    Yeah right, as if Gary is in the loop as to who will front the band.
    At least Eddie likes Gary!
    Into every life, a little Halen must fall

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have no doubt that either of those guys would have agreed to do the tour if they didn't truely believe that they could blow the other off the stage every night. In this respect I think that Eddymon is right. As far as it being conseved to show that Sammy was the right guy for VH I really don't think that's the case. I do, however, think that this is what that tour accomplished with most fans.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i saw dave do a killer set tune after tune, and i saw sam do a good job with 1/3 of it being songs i had no interest in hearing, but that's just one man's opinion

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

must....refrain....can't reach.....straws beyond grasp.......
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This one is one of the great, old, perrennial speculations. "So-and-so's current tour is nothing but an attempt to prove to the VH Bros. they can still cut it in VH."

I think it was just an idea cooked up to help both singers gross more on a tour than they would have if they went out separately in 2002.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."