Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

A lot of people are jumping on Van Halen. Yeah, I know, it's been four years since they produced an album, four years since they toured, and four years since...really...anything happened. But let's not forget--1999 they almost released a 2nd album with Gary when he left the band, 2000 there was the hit-and-miss with DLR, and 2001 was filled up mostly by Eddie being struck with cancer.

After all this, you can't really blame Van Halen for taking so much time. They started so much stuff and had it stopped due to singer problems. Like DLR said, the lawyers screwed it all up. And in 1999 they were nearly done the Album and, according to a rumor, were finished when it was cut apart by Warner Bros. for not having a "hit single" on it, and Eddie having cancer.

I think it's a load of crap that people jump on Van Halen as much as they do. No, they're not damn well perfect. They can't do everything right. VH III was a prime example of that. The best bands make crap--Black Sabbath? All their early stuff, the sound quality was crap--make it live, hey, it sounds great. A lot of bands have the occasional hiccup in the road.

All you Roth enthusiasts, again, look at Sabbath. It took them 17 years to get the old group back together again. It's pointless to bash Sammy because Sammy did great with the Band, and they released some genuine good stuff.

I think it sucks that some of you slander Van Halen the way you do. They've given us 20+ frickin' years of their lives so we can hear their music, if they want some peace and time, give it to them. They're not obligated to tell the people of the world what they're every plan is "yeah, today I took Wolfie to school and had some sex with Val, yeah, that's it, all my love Eddie"--telling us what's going on would be nice, yeah, but they don't have to.

Just back off, it's sickening to see people get so worked up over nothing--and that's what this is, nothing.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

I am not a Sam or a Dave head...I am a VAN HALEN head!!! I do not slander anything that doesn't deserve to be slandered. I agree that 3 wasn't a "normal" VH album but it IS a VH album! I do not know what to expect next since DLR and Sammy are touring and there is NO word of any lead singer. But since I saw the DLR and Sam tour I would have to say that DLR needs VH more than Sammy. I think the combo would fit better....but then again....anything goes with VH [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] and that is why VH is the greatest!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.28.12 @ 12:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree that they are under no obligation to tell us anything - but at the same time, it is good to hear from the band every now and then. I would be happy with any new music, but I don't think a retro/nostalgia type exercise is what the brothers are looking for. Ed's last message was encourageing - I can't wait to see what is going to happen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Like I said, I agree it'd be nice to hear from them once in a while, but what they do is their business. Keep in mind, EVH just recovered from Cancer--Cancer, one of the most frightening diseases we know. He *JUST GOT* a 100% Clean Bill of health. Now just because he's a celebrity he's supposed to go right back to work? He's probably relaxing a bit with his family before trying to get anything done, as he should be. A man's first responsibility should be his family.

My point is, don't be mad at Van Halen. Hope for word, yes, don't be made when it doesn't come, though.

~5150~

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen does not "owe" us fans anything, but I think it would go a long way if Ed or Al would just come out with a more concrete statement about what the band is up to these days. It would be a gesture of respect I think.

Honestly, how hard would it be for Ed to come out with a simple statement about the band? If nothing is going on with VH at the moment, he could just say something like "We are taking an extended break right now. I'm not sure what the future of the band is. We do not have a singer yet." I don't need to know how many times a day Eddie goes to the bathroom, or what his son did that day, or anything personal about the band for that matter.

I just really think they should communicate with their fan base more. Most other bands I like seem to keep their fans updated on what is happening, and I think VH could make a better effort to do the same.
    "Music Is The Best" - Frank Zappa

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although updates on the official site are non-existant, something that should be sorted, hasn't ed given us statements about the current situation at the golf tournament? they may not have been as complete as we'd have liked but it does indicate that he's willing to talk to the fans again and hopefully increase communication over the next few months

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey 5150 Mean St.

Good post, but when you're talking about Eddie's responsibility you miss a point , IMO.
    If he has battled cancer why is he still smoking?
    I don't call that responsibility, it's just plain stupid!
    Besides that I think Eddie's great!

He stopped drinking a few years ago, so he should better stop smoking too, for his own health!

By the way, did you listen to the Michael Anthony interview on the radio? He mentioned about VH setting all differences aside and come back as they have never did before. It seems that Sammy or Dave or both are still in the picture..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let's just wait and see.

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Van Haantje:

If he has battled cancer why is he still smoking?

Great point!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

While I'm thrilled to see these two blonde dogs
    getting on with it and giving it up for the fans,
    I think the best move for the Bros. now would be
    to ditch both of these guys and forgo the trip down memory lane and move onto the future in the
    true innovative spirit of pure VH. I hereby begin
    the campaign for my Supergroup petition of the likes of someone like, say, Chris Cornell!
    Now THAT would be an awesome move that I believe
    would impress hard rock fans worldwide. Can I get an Amen!?

Chris Cornell! Chris Cornell! Chris Cornell!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Answering the smoking question, I didn't know he did. And it is stupid, agreed--but I have a lot of friends who can't quit smoking. I actually had to console a friend who was in tears because she couldn't quit. I hate cigarettes, and I hope Eddie has the will power to drop that shit before it kills him, but it's not entirely his fault. Nicotine is addictive, as we all know...

I agree, a message from the Brothers would be great. But right now, it's only been about a month since Eddie got a clean bill of health. Cancer can have tremendous mental effects on people(scare the living piss out of you). I know, my Grandfather had it. Luckily it was a part of him(his stomach) that could be fixed, but he had the hell scared out of him, and didn't work or talk to a lot of people for several months.

Maybe Eddie just needs some recooperation time. I agree it'd be great to hear from them, but it's also understandable why we haven't. At least Mikey's still in business giving us little snidbits of what's going on, and this apparent interview coming up in Calgary could shed some light on what's gonna happen!

~5150~