Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's March 2002 and you just got a new job. You are the new manager of David Lee Roth. What is your business plan for jump starting DLR's career? Let's assume that a proposed reunion is not an option for at least this year. Show us your plan. Here's mine.

First I would advise Dave to make a new album. I would like it to be maybe a combination of the YFLM and DLR BAND. I would like to see an experienced producer like Nile Rodgers and some of the experimentation of that album. Instead of a country collabration, maybe a couple of blues covers with Johnny Lang or the Red Devils. I would also like to see the serious attitude of that album. Add to that some of the back to basics of DLR Band and you might have something. Second part of the plan is to tour behind the album. Do a club tour highlighting the new material with some old solo and VH hits thrown in. Dave played to bigger crowds last year doing the festival and radio show circuit. But I also think they required heavy VH set lists, if that's the case screw them. I would tell Dave that this year is not about the money strictly, but more about re-building a solo career block by block. Do a club tour and knock people on their asses, and then build to mid -sizes later. Some of this is the formula Hagar followed when he left VH. If Sammy can sell out 3,000-10,0000 seaters playing solo material, so can Dave. If VH wants to reunite next year fine, but if not Dave could have some momentum going.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs, House of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm kinda drunk, so bear with me....
    Hire (steal) Patric Badger from Tribe o' Judah and team him up with Nuno Bentencourt (again). (Go back and listen to some of the Extreme albums, not the lyrics, just the music. Those two were a great pair of musicians. IMOA!) Borrow Mike Mangini from Vai and get some ol' school funk goin with a little blues thrown in the mix. These three writing the music and Diamond Dave writing the lyrics....WOW! No club could contain them! Let Dave produce the album. He knows what he's doin'. Nuno is not EVH, believe me. No comparison (sp?) But the guy can play, IMO! I'd pay to see it!
    It's better to have one think you are stupid rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get Vai back if Vai would agree on it.
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh yeah... and Billy Sheehan too.
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Call up Eddie Van Halen and tell him it's time for the Phoenix to rise again!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Step 1 - Stop smoking anything. If you want to get high then shoot up some THC because the smoke is destroying your vocal cords.

Step 2 - Get a reputable voice trainer and train your voice for the lower register that you had for your 6 VH albums. FORGET the higher register. Never use it again!

Step 3 - Stop dyeing your hair. It looks stupid and makes you look old. Go back to your natural color.

Step 4 - If VH is not an option then reform the EEAS band. Make an album. Tour behind it playing NO VH TUNES.

That's what I'd tell him to do...

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you couldn't pay me enough to take on that project...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by doughboy:
    Hire (steal) Patric Badger from Tribe o' Judah and team him up with Nuno Bentencourt (again). (Go back and listen to some of the Extreme albums, not the lyrics, just the music. Those two were a great pair of musicians. IMOA!) Borrow Mike Mangini from Vai and get some ol' school funk goin with a little blues thrown in the mix. These three writing the music and Diamond Dave writing the lyrics....WOW! No club could contain them! Let Dave produce the album. He knows what he's doin'. Nuno is not EVH, believe me. No comparison (sp?) But the guy can play, IMO! I'd pay to see it!
    Why the Hell would Dave want to be the singer for Extreme??
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs, House of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by doughboy:
    Why the Hell would Dave want to be the singer for Extreme??</font>[/QUOTE]Holy Shit yer right! I was drunk, obviously very drunk. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    I just want to say I've read alot of your posts FORD. You crack me up.
    Stay cool, bro. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    It's better to have one think you are stupid rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Extreme.... DLR Band....
    Extreme.... DLR Band....

Honestly, I'd take Extreme
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."