Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no goo, i'm not bashing, i really wanna know if the nar guy smiled at the hot 4 teacher video at all?????

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

id like to know also

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Ok then...

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok thanks alot for not closin this. nar what did you think of hot 4 teacher?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When the Hot for Teacher video came out, yes, I enjoyed the video. The concept is great and the guys appear to be truely enjoying themselves. I myself enjoyed Van Halen music. I throrougly enjoyed and still do enjoy listening to David Lee Roth era Van Halen.

That was Dave then. This is NOW. This is the year 2000, and in the year 2000, I am 100% solid in my stance that Van Halen has no business being a nostalgia band. A reunion with David Lee Roth, a mediocre singer yet solid performer in his prime, has virtually no skills now.

Jumpkicks or none, I am not interested in seeing any incarnation of Van Halen with a singer that can't sing.

Moreover, I am not interested in seeing any incarnation of Van Halen where a vocalist refuses to perform any single song or group of songs from the Van Halen catalog, whether it be out of stubborn stupidity, or simple incapability of doing so.

In the short time I've been posting here at links I know I've probably accumulated an infamous anti-Roth stance, and perhaps rightfully so. However that stance should be made clear. It is not with Roth 1978-1984... or even 86, for that matter, It is with Roth having anything whatsoever to do with the band today or in the future.

I am not a diehard Hagar fan nor am I a diehard Cherone fan. Van Halen will not last forever, and with that in mind I see no reason to waste any record or tour on nostalgia. If that doesn't make my opinion quite clear, I don't know what will.

Look ahead, not to the past.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You know what, if Van Halen tours with Dave it will automatically be something of a nostalgia tour. Even if VH writes new material and relies on it for 50% of the set list. In order to fill 20 000 seat arenas (or certainly stadiums if they go that route) they'll have to appeal to 35-45 year old fans who haven't bought a VH album in 15 years and want to remember.

To me, whether a band becomes a nostalgia act has got 50% to do with them, and 50% to do with the fans who show up. I think VH is going to do way more concert ticket business than they will album sales business, and that's a function of people longing for nostalgia, alot like the Rolling Stones these days.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Glenn, that's a great post.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Right on, Glenn. It's an undeniable fact that a tour with Dave will sell on the popularity of the first 6 albums and nothing else (kind of like how Def Leppard fills venues with people who only care about Pyromania and Hysteria). You really can't help it that there are older people liking the band - they HAVE been in the public eye for longer than I've been alive (VH1 released 1978, Stuff No More released 1979).

And for one I'll be disappointed that the stuff done after 1984 with other singers won't show up, but I also don't want to go and hear Dave embarass himself by trying things his voice can't handle.

At this stage I'll just be happy for some new material, since honestly if I want to hear the old stuff I can put the CDs in my CD player.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW I'm livin' on the corner of Mean St. and Old Amsterdam Blvd.
    --------
    "Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ..."
    UP FRONT FANATIC!

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

this should cause some involuntary vomiting by some but if Dave picks up where he left off with the Best Of tunes, and takes care of getting his voice into shape the reunion will be awesome

Every bit of VH is great, (except 3, IMHO) and the key to this bands future is growth, if it's a nostalgia tour, it will fizzle out and die, but if it's great fresh and new (which it will be, and is why it's taking so long) it will make us all smile the way HFT did

------------------
    Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
    UN: vhlinks
    PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
    G4
    "back to you, underpants" -Big Red Allan

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i understand dave is different now. but me wise magic sounds to me that this band can do it with dave. even though vh thinks its not a nostalgia band, its not a current hip band either, and whether they like it or not no one but dave will bring van halen to the spotlight again. NOONE that is if he is sober, anyway.
    glad to know you have some humor, i'm smiling already.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by naconajnix:
    I am not interested in seeing any incarnation of Van Halen where a vocalist refuses to perform any single song or group of songs from the Van Halen catalog, whether it be out of stubborn stupidity, or simple incapability of doing so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're simply not going to find a vocalist that can sing Dave, Sammy, and Gary's material. Gary is the most versatile of the three, and had problems with some of Sammy's stuff.

We might just have to "settle" for someone that can only really pull off one of the eras.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well,that was a better post,i can respect your opinion when posted like that.
    i dont think it was a anti roth stance the other post were making for you,it was something else,i wont say what since the maturity of the last post. i dont think it is a nostalgia thing, i just think the VH boys are using there heads again getting roth back,thats the only "TRUE" van halen to me...but thats just my opinion...they are just as old as roth,and i dont think he has lost it,or is a has been, after all if he was what would that make the rest of them.
    as far as dave doing other eras,i firmly think that he should not have to,i still think that the other eras are a totally different thing than the first van halen and therefore dave should sing the music that dave,eddie,alex,and mike write and have written TOGETHER. i didnt expect sammy to sing dave songs,or gary to have to sing dave or sammy songs.i like sammy solo,and if i wanna hear him ill buy his cd.

[This message has been edited by nightprowler_01 (edited September 18, 2000 at 12:43 AM).]