Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cant you cant you see its all a act.
    c mon guys it adds the fuel people cant believe but keeps them looking, dave is that kind of guy he like to antaginize its dave.
    he is being mean to sammy as some of you say, but im sure its not meant to piss sam off. im sure dave wouldnt do it if they were behind doors just giveing a few minutes to each other to talk.
    dave has even said on the radio about the sammyy bashing how its all part of the show..
    its kinda like dave talking about vh inpast on hype. you send out all the hypes and get people to wondering it draws you in.

well thanks for the show dave today in phoenix, was cool hearing acoustic live songs.
    i thought id never hear live in acoustic .
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Uhhh...yeah. Opinion/Speculation. Gonna move it there now. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

sammei iz beein jus ass meen to dayve az dayve iz beein two sammei.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Look! Sammy and Dave are not the best of friends! Both are jealous of each other because both had huge success with Van Halen. Both want to prove that their era with Van Halen was better than the other. Maybe there is some "gentleman's agreement" that part of the mutual antagonism is for real. But, let's be real! Both frontman want to be on top!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Markymark:
    Look! Sammy and Dave are not the best of friends! Both are jealous of each other because both had huge success with Van Halen. Both want to prove that their era with Van Halen was better than the other. Maybe there is some "gentleman's agreement" that part of the mutual antagonism is for real. But, let's be real! Both frontman want to be on top!
    i will have to say i agree with you, i think they want to show people that they were the best for vh.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

y iz dave mein two sammi

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sammy who, thats just the stupidest argument ever.

roth only sells more because he's had twice as long as sammy to sell that many.

if you consider that sammys contribution has been there for half the time that roths has those figures start to look extremely pathetic for roth.

albeit not too shaby overall, wish i sold just a fraction of that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by lil'devil:

if you consider that sammys contribution has been there for half the time that roths has those figures start to look extremely pathetic for roth.

albeit not too shaby overall, wish i sold just a fraction of that [img]smile.gif[/img]
    My sig(s) are the truth and indisuptable.

You are a typical Sammy lover [img]tongue.gif[/img] Go screw youself sheep!

stick to the topic idiot

baaaaaaaaaaa

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

BULLSHIT. Roth sells more because it's great music. It's got nothing to do with how long the albums have been out. The music biz changed drastically in the 90's and Van Hagar was lucky to ride that wave of keyboard tunes that got popular....

Yes VH2 has great music, but don't say the only reason why the classic VH sells more is because it's been in print longer....that's asinine....
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Hecubus:
    BULLSHIT. Roth sells more because it's great music. It's got nothing to do with how long the albums have been out.
    Now hold on for a moment. I'm not discounting that the Roth stuff is (mostly) high quality and word of mouth doesn't help it sell, but you can't totally discount time as a factor.

Since 1984 Van Halen I has doubled in the number of copies sold. That includes a '96 reunion bump of 2 million copies (between '94-'96).

Van Halen II only sold 2 million copies between 1979 and 1984, a good chunk of which probably came from the Jump bump.

WACF has a similar bump, save it only sold one million in the period between 1980 and 1984.

Fair Warning didn't go multi-platinum until 1994.

Diver Down sold another million copies between 1982 and 1984, presumably from the Jump bump. It only recently (1998) went quad-platinum.

And, of course, 1984 sold consistently well until 1987, after which it took until 1994 to sell another million and got a 2 million boost from the '96 situation.

Realistically, the only two "consistent selling" Dave albums have been Van Halen I and 1984, of which no one can argue the phenomenon quality both have. But Van Halen did get a boost from a number 1 single and a possible reunion in '96. Without that, VH might only be just above 5 million and 1984 above 7 million, which steals a whole 8 million from the totals and brings both versions of the band a lot closer.

Shifting slightly, you'd have to expect a full-scale Dave reunion to bring a sudden spurt of VH-1984 albums sales, just as a Sammy reunion would do the same to 5150-Balance. Sammy's albums have all been #1, but they didn't have any late career big #1 singles to push back album sales or a possible but aborted reunion to drum up initial interest in the albums either.

The numbers are concrete, but what they represent needs to be taken into consideration,
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

All the sales numbers are interesting... but I think there was a few aspects that the raw numbers do not reveil...

1st are any of the units sold broken out by media type?? For example:

Vinyl - all eras
    8-Track - up thru 5150
    Cassette - all eras were produced though not originally released
    CD - All eras
    Laser Disk - Limited releases.

So if you broke out the sales by media type how many CD's were purchased as replacements for Vinyl, 8-track, & cassettes?

Given the shift in technology... I'd say more of the 1978-1984 material sold post 1985- present represents a large percentage of replacement purchases rather than new consumers... your thoughts?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's a pretty realistic thought, Zahzoo, but unfortunately I doubt that kind of specific information is available. About the best we can do is speculate based on the years the albums were certified the different platinum levels.

Of course, the record industry has entered into a slump right now, and analysts do contribute it to the fact that the number of people buying CD replacements for records has fallen drastically. It seems to me like the record industry's "big business" is always in finding the next format to force us all to buy new media. That explains why they're so keen to push DVD-Audio on us now, and if everyone who owned, say, Van Halen I on CD bought a DVD-A of it I wouldn't be shocked if it sold another two million copies.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's a pretty realistic thought, Zahzoo, but unfortunately I doubt that kind of specific information is available. About the best we can do is speculate based on the years the albums were certified the different platinum levels.

Of course, the record industry has entered into a slump right now, and analysts do contribute it to the fact that the number of people buying CD replacements for records has fallen drastically. It seems to me like the record industry's "big business" is always in finding the next format to force us all to buy new media. That explains why they're so keen to push DVD-Audio on us now, and if everyone who owned, say, Van Halen I on CD bought a DVD-A of it I wouldn't be shocked if it sold another two million copies.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol

nice point.

for the record, i agree that the roth era is my fav and is generally higher quality stuff with the exception of finish what ya started and all of balance which i thought were uncharacteristically good for general sammy material.

it still doesn't change the fact that sammy managed to seel almost the same amount as roth in half the time - THAT is the undisputed truth whether i like or not.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

it still doesn't change the fact that sammy managed to seel almost the same amount as roth in half the time - THAT is the undisputed truth whether i like or not.
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

If you e-mail me your home address I will send you a calculator!