Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here goes...

The lack of a new VH album is a combination of events dating back to when Ed began his (successful) treatment for cancer. At the same time they let go Gary for a variety of reasons and the band lost it's momentum. Then Ed hooks up with Dave and they record/write some stuff until legal issues arise.[ If somebody could help me out here, is Ray Daniels still the manager? And how long does his contract that allows him a share of the band royalties run?]

In the mean time, Ed gets used to being a homebody and music begins to take a back seat for a while. Then the marital problems kick in and Ed is further distracted. Then the separation and Ed doesn't know which way is up anymore. The Ed and Alex start working on matiriel that gets away from the VH format and they work with a variety of singers and musicians, the whole time not sure what they are going to do with the music when they're done. Since Waner Bros gave them the boot they have nowhere to take it anyway.

I think they are working but I think that they have no clue as to what they are doing, which can be good and bad. Bad because it will be a while before we hear anything but good because the music should be interesting.

Still, I think the brothers are waiting out the Daniels contract before they proceed. There might be bad blood and if so I could see why they don't want to give him another dime. Why put out a new album if a guy who doesn't even work for them anymore gets a good size chunk of change?

Just my .02
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I think they know exactly what they are doing.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

i wouldn't wanna give ray any cash either...

[ September 10, 2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: muffdiver ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Prince did the same thing. He was pissed at his contract and fucked with the label and those involved contratualy as much as possible. Changed his name to a symbol, put out greatest hits, and b-side hits. Did lots of soundtract work, and thats about it. No new matterial, no concerts, no nothing. I mean changing your name to a symbol. Try marketing that. Made it hell on the bastards, and played it off like he was an excentric artist. So they couldn't say or do shit. Then the contract ends, and he immediatly puts out a packed 3 disc set of all new material, tours, changes his name back. Then puts out 2 more multiple disc albums one right after another. The label, and producers and such get mad try and take a peice of his new wealth and fail. He said he just felt creative again thats all. I'm not sure if the VH boys are doing the same thing but they could be. Prince was on the down low with any info. and people just thought he was done. I guess we'll see.
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH canned Ray Daniels a long time ago, after Sammy quit/fired (I forget the details).

That cock sucker is, from what I've heard, what broke up Sam and VH.

Dan

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Going to ship this one off to the speculation/oppinion forum seeing as there isnt really a rumor here.

Have a nice day. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Prince example is a good one but I have two problems with that-1)I don't think the Brothers have a vision or purpose with their inactivity and 2)Prince's career has never recovered from the self inflicted damage.
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There has to be a few issues here that should have given us a clue as to where the direction of the band is:

1) Ed was sick and was a lot worse than any of us could ever imagine. The disease probably took over a year to cure and he has been getting himself back together.

2) Legalities. Ray Danniels probably had an iron clad contract that gave him royalties to all sales of past releases of the band. Hence why we got the remasters, cannot receive royalites on something that is a "new" release. Also keep in mind that we still really have no idea why Gary left the band to begin with. And I am sure that Danniels had Gary's contract pertty tight as well.

3) Remasters. These were probably done by Warner Bros to see the public demand for a reunion with Roth. Simply put, if these sell now, imagine what a new release with Dave would bring us in?? Plus they would not want to front the cash to have a new studio release done if there was not any public interest.

4) Sammy & Mike. Why did Mike only play with Sammy? Simple, he gets along with Sammy. Guaranteed that he reported back to 5150 exactly what he heard during all of the shows, EVERYTHING.

Does it feel like we are banging our heads up against a wall with this still? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    DDLR WEBMASTER<br /><a href="http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">www.diamonddavidleeroth.com</a><br /><br />Also check out <a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.rayluzier.com</a> for all DLR BAND updates

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

there was a time in my life when I didn't know what I was doing [img]smile.gif[/img]

but I was 7 years old! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ September 15, 2002, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: hain23x ]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by hain23x:
    there was a time in my life when I didn't know what I was doing [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ONLY a time? I STILL don't know what I'm doing [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."