Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Looks like I'm one of the few people laying low this festive evening. Hoping all of you have the big type of fun tonite, and are all still with us tomorrow. The first day of another new year,2002!
    It would be a great thing for all of us to get new music from Van Halen in the year to come. First of all, that would signal Ed being healthy, and if that isn't the priority goal for any VH fan right now, then a look in the mirror might be in order.
    I think we all come here, because we need some great new music of any type, something that gives us that special feeling that only VH and a few others have given us in the past. I'm sure many people here, maybe the younger crew, have newer groups that give them that charge, and that is a great thing. But many of us rate everything else against what VH has done, and simply feel that nothing will ever match the power of VH, and I'm talking which ever line-up you prefer.
    You can't let music become a big part of your life and then all of a sudden it's like a junkie needing a fix, and I've seen that attitude in real life as well as on all the VH/DLR sites. We need some new music bad. I need it so bad that I would take a new cd, with no explanation of what has gone on, and be more than happy to have it.
    I hope for a reunion, but will still listen if the band goes another direction, the same way I support Dave in his endeavours without VH. I've spent two childhoods waiting for these guys to get back together and realize how special what they do together is. Reunion music would rule. Yeah Dave, might have trouble hitting some notes he hit in his youth. Al might have to scrap a show here and there because of his neck, and Ed might not be as wild up on stage and need a break every once in while too. Hell, their old guys, just like alot of the rest of us. But I'll put everything I own on the line that if they got together with full intention of working together
    to make great music, and make it about the music, they could do wonders for the world of music in general. And there would be a whole lot of smiley faces within every post, hell, I might even use one for the first time.
    2002. It could be the end of a great thing, or the beginning of something even greater. We've held on this long, a few more months can't hurt, and maybe it won't take that long for something to happen. Happy New Years to a bunch of cool people who have kept the faith and have a common bond. A toast to you all! CHEERS!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Awesome post, warhead.

You reminded me of something I was thinking about this past weekend. I was doing some shopping at Union Station in STL at a "rock / head" shop and saw all the swag from the Doors, the Dead, the Beatles, the Stones, KISS, AC/DC and others.

However, I was saddened to see there was nothing from VH. It was then that it hit me...

"We're the last of a dying breed. Van Halen is truly forgotten from mainstream America. They have become what they have always feared...a nostalgia band."

Thank goodness for all of us here on the Links, the Dome, the Army and whereever else VH fans unite. It is my hope, as warhead so eloquently stated, that we get something from anyone. I've gone too long without hearing the music that has helped define our generation(s).

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to smile again when I hear OUR music.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 05:48 AM
    Liked 850 Times in 525 Posts

Unfortunately, you guys hit the nail on the head. We are a dying breed since most of the public has taken a liking to Creed. For this band to be on top really burns me up. They are not a bad band but their songs sound so alike. It's time for Eddie to show the world (again) what great musicianship is all about.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.08.05 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*quietly removes the 'fan of creed' sticker from his backpack before entering the room*

Depending on your tastes, this may be a good spring/summer or a bad one. Def Leppard is on track for a new album in the springtime, and Sammy has stated he is trying to have a new album out in the first half of this year as well.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Loss of Control
    Last Online

07.20.14 @ 12:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me? I'm looking forward to a bit of Rage Against The Machine. Don't know about Chris Cornell with them though.
    Use my hand, I won't look!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.19.16 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Legoman:
    Me? I'm looking forward to a bit of Rage Against The Machine. Don't know about Chris Cornell with them though.<hr></blockquote>

I am looking forward to that also.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.