Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry but this is what i've heard from my friends in Philly. These guys are die hard fans. Basically, their take on the Van Halen situation was the following after the Philly DLR concert. His voice is ok. Dave looks ridiculous wearing outfits that even the guys on Will & Grace would laugh at. And his hair is twice as bad. Like a friggin' scarecrow with that stupid looking do & that ridiculous bleach blonde look. Get a haircut. You're losing your hair (i.e. 94 look) Face it.

And how 'bout his stage antics? The man is 47 but acts like he's 14. I'm all for "you're only as old as you feel" but damn, grow up. Pissing JD, hitting on chicks young enough to be his daughters, forgetting the words, swearing at the audience, acting like a drunken fool, etc... Tommy Lee has more class than you. Grow up. The man acts like a moron. Now I know why Ed & Al didn't want him back in '96. He'd only embarrass Van Halen.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Uh oh. Are you in for it now! I'm not much of a DLR fan and I pretty much agree with you. However, the people who post here are die-hard fans and you'll certainly be hearing from them!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by ouncie33:
    However, the people who post here are die-hard fans and you'll certainly be hearing from them!

That's a pretty stupid generalisation.

Anyways, this is pretty much a clear-cut opions/speculation topic, so I'm moving it there.

[ December 02, 2001 at 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Goo ]

A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahh, the innocence of youth!!

When you're young, really young, as in the 18 - 28 range (any younger and you shouldn't be away from your momma's tit yet ), alot of people think they're going to look that way forever. Boy are they wrong. No matter what you do or how well you take care of yourself, time will creep in.

That being said, who gives a damn if the boys of VH look older? Shouldn't we expect it? I'll tell you what, as one who has seen VH w/DLR several times, I honestly hope you all get a chance to see and experience the "original formula." I think you would be damned glad you did, even you DLR bashers. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,462 Times in 898 Posts

Dave is just being Dave. He can't stop the aging process and as for his antics...what would a DLR show be without them. They may seem childish at times but I can name a few 'older' musicians who have hit on young women at concerts (KISS, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler).

Personally, I hope DLR joins Van Halen because I have never seen them in concert (together).
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The problem isn't that Dave looks old. The problem is that his antics coupled with his appearance make him seem rediculous. I'm not about to tell Dave to start dressing in a suit and tie and be professional, but there are ways to reconcile "being Dave" and "being 40something."
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I always find it interesting that the folks who are most critical of Dave's stage show are almost always the ones who have never seen it. I'm sorry, but until you've experienced it why are you criticising it? You don't have any first-hand knowledge at all.

I also find it interesting that a young man can be so concerned about David Lee Roth's physical appearance. Do you really care what another man wears, or how he does his hair? Sorry kid, but that just seems stupid.

As Brian said, time marches on. Take things for what they are, and enjoy them as such. You want to see your image of DLR as the 25-year old you've seen in the videos? Watch the videos. Me, I'm going to enjoy the show.

Don't let this get your panties in a bunch.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    The problem is that his antics coupled with his appearance make him seem rediculous. <hr></blockquote>

REDiculous sounds like a coined term to describe Sammy's arithmetic skills.
    Delusions of eloquence

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Maybe some people walk around with sticks up their asses all day, and are so fucking uptight, lame, fat and lazy, that they wouldn't know a good time, or fun if someone hit them in the face with a herring...

maybe if you ARE TOO FUCKING OLD(as in state of mind, equating with tired, no more zest for life, and a complacent sloth) TO ENJOY A GODDAMNED REAL ROCK N ROLL CONCERT YOU SHOULD STRART GOING TO YANNI CONCERTS.......fuck that shit, Mick doesn't have to change, KISS don't have to change, does anyone tell Angus to stop rocking out???

Maybe your friends are jealous that Dave is 47, is most likely in way better shape than them, attracts hoter women than them, and Dave could most likely kick their asses without even trying....

if it's too fast, then maybe you're too slow...!!!!!

[ December 03, 2001 at 09:09 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeL:
    I always find it interesting that the folks who are most critical of Dave's stage show are almost always the ones who have never seen it. I'm sorry, but until you've experienced it why are you criticising it? You don't have any first-hand knowledge at all.

I also find it interesting that a young man can be so concerned about David Lee Roth's physical appearance. Do you really care what another man wears, or how he does his hair? Sorry kid, but that just seems stupid.

As Brian said, time marches on. Take things for what they are, and enjoy them as such. You want to see your image of DLR as the 25-year old you've seen in the videos? Watch the videos. Me, I'm going to enjoy the show.

Don't let this get your panties in a bunch.
    <hr></blockquote>

dave's appearance???????? dude I saw the guy, he is in incredible physical shape, it is obvious he works out hard, he is lean and muscled up(kicks straight up in the air like it's nothing, running and singing like a 25 yr old, scissor kikcs of the riser, twice).....if he lost some of his hair, he can't help that, it's called genetics people, look it up some day...

I brought a 23 year old chick with me(i am 34) to the show, and she was turned on by dave, she was hoping he would pull his body suit lower...

[ December 03, 2001 at 10:45 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

David Lee Roth is the white James Brown. And you don't see anyone telling James Brown to stop singing that he's a "sex machine" and he wants women to get on his "lickin' stick."

And how old is James Brown now?
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rikk:
    David Lee Roth is the white James Brown. And you don't see anyone telling James Brown to stop singing that he's a "sex machine" and he wants women to get on his "lickin' stick."

And how old is James Brown now?
    <hr></blockquote>

The godfather of Soul and Funk, the man James Brown, I think is about 70.....fuck yeah!!!!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

James will be 69 in May...

http://www.funky-stuff.com/jamesbrown/biography.htm

Facts :
    Date of Birth: May 3, 1933
    Place of Birth: Macon, GA, USA
    Sign: Sun in Taurus, Moon in Leo
    Education: Alto Reform School
    Relations: Wife: Adrienne Brown (deceased); companion: Rolonda Watts; kids: Deanna, Terry, Daryl, Venisha,Yamma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James Brown is #2 of all time with hit records behind Elvis Presley. He is number 1 in R&B hits with
    over 116 charted hits during his career :
    James Brown has 96 top 100 hits, Aretha Franklin 86
    James Brown has 116 R&B hits, Aretha Franklin 90+
    Related topic : Hit list, Singles List

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline
    May 3, 1933
    James Brown is born in Barnwell, South Carolina. He is raised in poverty in Augusta, Georgia, 40 miles away.
    James Brown joins the Gospel Starlighters, a vocal quartet led by Bobby Byrd, after completing a four-year stint in prison for robbery. The group will change its focus from gospel to R&B and its name to the Famous Flames, as Brown becomes the focal point of the act.

November 1, 1955
    The Famous Flames record "Please Please Please" at the studio of WIBB in Macon, Georgia.

January 23, 1956
    Producer and talent scout Ralph Bass travels to Macon to sign James Brown to the King/Federal label, beating Leonard Chess (of Chess Records) to the punch.

February 4, 1956
    James Brown and the Famous Flames cut "Please Please Please" at King/Federal studios in Cincinnati, backed by the label's crack house band. James Brown's recording debut rises to #5 on the R&B chart.

October 1, 1957
    After Little Richard abruptly quits rock and roll for religion, James Brown honors pending tour dates in the South in his place. Several members of Little Richard's backup band, the Upsetters, become Famous Flames.

October 1, 1958
    James Brown's first #1 hit, "Try Me," is released. It is the best-selling R&B single of 1958—and the first of 17 chart-topping R&B singles by Brown over the next two decades.

October 24, 1962
    The midnight show on this particular evening of James Brown's seven-night stand at the Apollo Theatre in New York City is taped and released as Live at the Apollo.

OCTOBER 28-29, 1964
    The concert film The TAMI Show is recorded in Santa Monica, CA, featuring James Brown, the Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, the Rolling Stones and the Supremes.

February 1, 1965
    James Brown records "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag," a revolutionary single that ushers in a whole new era of soul music. Released that summer, it tops the R&B chart for eight weeks and even cracks the pop Top Ten.

July 1, 1971
    James Brown signs with Polydor Records, for which he'll record extensively throughout the decade.

September 1, 1972
    "Get On the Good Foot" tops the R&B chart for a month and peaks at #18 in the pop Top Forty. A gold-certified million seller, it establishes James Brown as a potent influence on black music in the Seventies—or, as he takes to calling himself, "the Godfather of Soul."

January 5, 1974
    The Payback, the most successful of James Brown's Seventies albums—many of which were double-LPs with lengthy, extended tracks—makes its debut on Billboard's album chart. It is the only gold-certified (500,000 copies sold) album of his career.

September 1, 1974
    Price stages a music festival in Zaire, Africa, with boxing promoter Don King. The event attracts 120,000 people and offers James Brown, B.B. King, Etta James, Bill Withers, the Spinners and others.

September 1, 1979
    James Brown, who has watched his sales figures slip in the disco era, attempts to move in on that market with The Original Disco Man, which only reaches #152 in the album chart.

June 1, 1980
    James Brown contributes an unforgettable cameo as a manic preacher in the John Belushi/Dan Aykroyd film The Blues Brothers.

September 1, 1984
    Bronx rapper Afrika Bambaataa teams up with James Brown to record the anthemic single "Unity."

January 11, 1986
    "Living in America," the theme song from Rocky IV, reaches #4 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart, becoming James Brown's biggest pop hit since "I Got You (I Feel Good)" went to #3 in 1965.

January 23, 1986
    James Brown is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the first induction dinner, held in New York City.

December 15, 1988
    James Brown is sentenced to a six-year prison term after a year's worth of arrests on various assault, drug possession and vehicular charges. He leaves prison on parole on February 27, 1991.

February 25, 1992
    James Brown receives a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 34th annual Grammy Awards.

February 25, 1993
    James Brown receives a Lifetime Achievement Award at the fourth annual Rhythm & Blues Foundation Pioneer Awards. MC Hammer is his presenter.

May 3, 1998
    James Brown turns 65 years old.

Timeline from :

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DLR'sCock:

dave's appearance???????? dude I saw the guy, he is in incredible physical shape, it is obvious he works out hard, he is lean and muscled up(kicks straight up in the air like it's nothing, running and singing like a 25 yr old, scissor kikcs of the riser, twice).....if he lost some of his hair, he can't help that, it's called genetics people, look it pu some day...

I brought a 23 year old chick with me(i am 34) to the show, and she was turned on by dave, she was hoping he would pull his body suit lower...
    <hr></blockquote>

Don't be bitchin' at me. I'm not the one being critical of Dave. He looks a hell'uva lot better at 48 than I look at 25. I'm just saying that people put ridiculous expectations on a guy his age. They say he should be mature, demure, and yet not look like manure. Fuck all of that. It's rock and roll!

And yeah, the ladies still like Dave. The girl I took to the show was 20, and she doesn't know but maybe one song. Still had a damn good time, though!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I always find it amusing that if you don't dig watching Dave jack off with a bottle of liquor, you're accused of being a boring old fart. You guys just feel free to enjoy such 'entertainment' on my behalf.

If Dave is up to the vocal task, I would love to see him in Van Halen. If that doesn't work out I'd love to see what his next project is. BUT, you'll have to forgive me for not being impressed by the 'simulated masterbation' and 'you're so sweet you could shit sugar' routines. In moderation, I like the 'I forgot the fucking words' type things, but Dave does too much of it in my opinion. MikeL does make a valid point about people judging what they haven't seen, but this is David Lee Roth we're talking about, and his stage lines are easily debated because they rarely change.

Back to the original post, I've come to a point where I believe that Van Halen will NEVER be a band again. The last time Dave's official site went down people speculated that it was because he was going to be under the VH umbrella soon. But I've come to realize that even if Dave sings for Van Halen, he'll never be back under the VH umbrella; he'll still need/want his own site to look out for his interests, because there is a fundamental lack of trust and vision between Dave and VH.

To take that a step further, if Sammy were to return, it would be the same thing. He'd want it in the contracts that he could record solo whenever he wanted, and he has his own financial/business interests in the Cabo club and the tequila. Again, I feel that even if he were singing for the band, he'd be separate from them.

And Gary or any possible 4th singer just wouldn't truly be a band because it's highly unlikely that the band could (or would) get anyone who would be a strong, contributing factor.

It reminds me of Ace Frehley, who says himself that he's not a member of KISS in any real sense. When they want to do a project, they contact him and a contract is worked out, then they do the project and the contract expires. The next time they want to do something involving Ace, the whole process starts all over again.

This reminds me of what is going to happen with Van Halen. They aren't ever going to be a band again in the sense of all being on the same page. And going in that direction, it's unlikely to me that they can sustain any kind of agreement for long.