Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    05.29.02
    Age
    52
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    133
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    DOA
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Sammy's Audio Interview at www.eddietrunk.com

    Great Interview...But I have an observation...

    Why does Sammy go on and on about "reorganizing Van Halen", and then when asked about whether he he has made any effort to actually contact Alex & Eddie Van Halen...he says he hasn't talked to them?????

    I don't get this...

    Why doesn't he pick up the phone and call these guys or contact their people?... Or why doesn't Mike Anthony go over to Eddie's house for a coffee? Isn't Sammy in contact with Mike on a continual basis to suggest this solution??

    Where are the solutions to getting VH back together?????

    Is something legal going on?....when people are "quiet" like this in my opinion the only reason for this is a legal dispute...

    ...IMO Sammy seems to be partially full of shit.

  2. #2
    On Fire
    Join Date
    08.01.02
    Age
    44
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    343
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Its simple, Sam's last record sold 1013 copies. Dave is playing in the swamps of Florida to a couple hundred fans at a trailer park picnic area.
    I think at this point there is more interest in the music of Weird Al than Sam or Dave solo. The only way to keep their names out there is to say how a VH reunion is inevitable, it will happen, we are restructuring. Whenever Sam or Dave talks it means one thing, nothing is happening with them or VH. Dave's been quiet lately, his odds are going up. Sammy is sounding desperate.

  3. #3
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.30.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,210
    Last Online

    06.07.16 @ 09:10 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    ....the silence is the cure for LSD...Lead singer disease....more then half of the people who buy van halen records is because of edward van halen's talent
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  4. #4
    Unchained Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.10.99
    Age
    44
    Location
    Springfield, MO USA
    Posts
    449
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    08.06.16 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I refuse to believe that the parties involved haven't talked to one another in some way, shape, or form. (Personally, through an agent or lawyer etc...) My guess is that the deal with Danniels is part of what is holding things up. I'm sure that that parasite had a golden parachute in his deal with the band and that he is somehow entitled to anything they do within a certain period of time after his firing. No way they're going to want to give this guy money.

    I also think that Ed's personal life has to have something to with all of this. The part of Sam's interview that made me think something might be up is the Planet Us deal. He didn't talk like that was a project that would be going forward anytime soon. I wonder why.

  5. #5
    Banned!
    Join Date
    10.01.02
    Age
    51
    Posts
    21
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Partially? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    54
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    306
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

    02.27.07 @ 03:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    O.K. Can anyone find out how many units Sammy's last album actually did sell, so that we can all play fair when we discuss his album sales.

    As fo Dave, he mwy well be playing in trailer park heaven or he may not be, but one thing you cam say about both of 'em......

    AT LEAST THEY ARE OUT THERE PLAYING!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Unchained
    Join Date
    12.03.01
    Posts
    446
    Last Online

    01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    It's hard for me to see a reunion with only Sam or only Dave, especially after Sam and Dave got along well enough to tour together this past summer.

    And think about this. I don't think this is how it is, but if Eddie and Alex are so pissed off at Sammy and Dave, the fans who don't dig VHIII, the lawyers, God and anybody else that may fit into a scenario of creating so much hate that two brothers who have made some of the best music ever made, would quit it altogether, say fuck the fans and not say anything to them. Would a single person from the orginal VH fanbase give a shit what they ever do musically again? I wouldn't.

    I didn't and don't care for the groups who are nothing but pissed off in every song and interview. So I sure don't want VH heading down that road of angst. Ed and Mike look cool in flannel, no doubt, but leave the hatred to those guys who do indeed hate their lives, lives they've all brought upon themselves.

    Hell yes, there are lawyers involved, as well as a shitload of personal, mental, marital, spiritual and musical issues that need to be resolved before VH can go on in any form.

    I couldn't blame EVH for being the angriest, most confused mofo on the planet right now, and I pray he finds his way to the end of the tunnel he now finds himself in. No matter who the singer has been, when Eddie has played that guitar, many people live's have been better for it, and there are alot of us who need new EVH music just like a junkie jones'in for a fix.

    Imagine being a musician, and not being allowed for legal reasons to go on with your music, at a time when you need to do just that the most. Making the music would be great therapy for Ed, but getting out and playing live would be even better medicine.

    We just have to hold on until the shit clears. These guys want to make music way more than we want to hear it, and we want it in a bad fucking way. VH will be back, and no matter who sings, many fans will go along, some will pass, and new fans will join the fold. I think when Ed says God's time, he just means it's out of his hands.

    Even if it does wind up being a one shot appearance at the RRHOF ceremony, at least that's better than handing out an award for MTV. Pretty crazy how just a little would go a long way. I think the guys in VH know this, and with their hands tied, imagine their frustration.

    Sometimes when I'm a little fucked up and thinking about all my conspiracy shit, I wonder if Ray Danniels came in and fucked it all up for VH just because Eddie poured that beer in Geddy's tape player. Pretty fucked up shit, but no more fucked up than a guy wanting a contract to make money for music he had no involvement in.

    Until I hear otherwise, I think Ray is the weed in our garden that won't go away. I think the process of digging him out by the roots he planted is underway, and when he is no longer involved in anyway, things will shine again.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

    People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

    You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

    And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

    We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

  8. #8
    Good Enough ebmm_axis's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.26.02
    Posts
    2,434
    Favorite VH Album

    All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

    All of 'em
    Last Online

    07.30.15 @ 07:53 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by WARHEAD:
    It's hard for me to see a reunion with only Sam or only Dave, especially after Sam and Dave got along well enough to tour together this past summer.

    And think about this. I don't think this is how it is, but if Eddie and Alex are so pissed off at Sammy and Dave, the fans who don't dig VHIII, the lawyers, God and anybody else that may fit into a scenario of creating so much hate that two brothers who have made some of the best music ever made, would quit it altogether, say fuck the fans and not say anything to them. Would a single person from the orginal VH fanbase give a shit what they ever do musically again? I wouldn't.

    I didn't and don't care for the groups who are nothing but pissed off in every song and interview. So I sure don't want VH heading down that road of angst. Ed and Mike look cool in flannel, no doubt, but leave the hatred to those guys who do indeed hate their lives, lives they've all brought upon themselves.

    Hell yes, there are lawyers involved, as well as a shitload of personal, mental, marital, spiritual and musical issues that need to be resolved before VH can go on in any form.

    I couldn't blame EVH for being the angriest, most confused mofo on the planet right now, and I pray he finds his way to the end of the tunnel he now finds himself in. No matter who the singer has been, when Eddie has played that guitar, many people live's have been better for it, and there are alot of us who need new EVH music just like a junkie jones'in for a fix.

    Imagine being a musician, and not being allowed for legal reasons to go on with your music, at a time when you need to do just that the most. Making the music would be great therapy for Ed, but getting out and playing live would be even better medicine.

    We just have to hold on until the shit clears. These guys want to make music way more than we want to hear it, and we want it in a bad fucking way. VH will be back, and no matter who sings, many fans will go along, some will pass, and new fans will join the fold. I think when Ed says God's time, he just means it's out of his hands.

    Even if it does wind up being a one shot appearance at the RRHOF ceremony, at least that's better than handing out an award for MTV. Pretty crazy how just a little would go a long way. I think the guys in VH know this, and with their hands tied, imagine their frustration.

    Sometimes when I'm a little fucked up and thinking about all my conspiracy shit, I wonder if Ray Danniels came in and fucked it all up for VH just because Eddie poured that beer in Geddy's tape player. Pretty fucked up shit, but no more fucked up than a guy wanting a contract to make money for music he had no involvement in.

    Until I hear otherwise, I think Ray is the weed in our garden that won't go away. I think the process of digging him out by the roots he planted is underway, and when he is no longer involved in anyway, things will shine again.
    Warhead, that was scripture. Good post! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!

  9. #9
    5150 Crown Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.05.01
    Posts
    575
    Last Online

    09.28.16 @ 10:46 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    Warhead,

    I have YET to see a post from you that has less than a 1,000 words in it!

    ALL 1,000 of these words are golden.

    Good job my friend!!

    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Posts
    242
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by man of the people:
    Whenever Sam or Dave talks it means one thing, nothing is happening with them or VH. Dave's been quiet lately, his odds are going up. Sammy is sounding desperate.
    Good point, the last time Dave was this quiet was in 1999-2000.

  11. #11
    Top Of The World baddmann28's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.11.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    149
    Favorite VH Album

    '78 -'96 baby!
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs... Enough said
    Last Online

    04.08.12 @ 04:51 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yes I agree it is primarily Ray Dickless (my version is more fitting) that is the problem. The 5 year clause in his contract is what gives me hope that the might VH will return again someday soon. I'll admit I am a huge Hagar fan, but I don't care what version comes back. As long as I can see the guy who made me pick up a guitar 20 years ago comes back to my town so I can shit myself again, I'll be happy. If Anyone from the VH clan reads this, please pass on to the fiercem foursome (whoever the singer is or will be) that we are all looking for them to once again rule the music world, and enlighten our ears with the hard rockin sound of the Mighty VH.
    Those that say money cannot buy hapiness don't know where to shop.

  12. #12
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    54
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    306
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

    02.27.07 @ 03:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Crown Royal:
    Warhead,

    I have YET to see a post from you that has less than a 1,000 words in it!

    ALL 1,000 of these words are golden.

    Good job my friend!!

    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    (Sigh....) [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

  13. #13
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    54
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    306
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

    02.27.07 @ 03:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by man of the people:
    Whenever Sam or Dave talks it means one thing, nothing is happening with them or VH. Dave's been quiet lately, his odds are going up. Sammy is sounding desperate.
    Good point, the last time Dave was this quiet was in 1999-2000.</font>[/QUOTE]Hey Man, for a guy who professes to not give a shit either way, you sure spend a lot of time Sammy - bashing!!
    Why on earth would he be desperate??

  14. #14
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Posts
    242
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by kenny5150:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by man of the people:
    Whenever Sam or Dave talks it means one thing, nothing is happening with them or VH. Dave's been quiet lately, his odds are going up. Sammy is sounding desperate.
    Good point, the last time Dave was this quiet was in 1999-2000.</font>[/QUOTE]Hey Man, for a guy who professes to not give a shit either way, you sure spend a lot of time Sammy - bashing!!
    Why on earth would he be desperate??
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hey Im the first to admit when I have a dig at Sam. But I'll be fucked if I know where it was in that last post ?????

    I was just agreeing with MOTP that DLR being so quite could mean something, probably not, but the
    last time he was this quiet there was something going on.

    Just to set the record straight, I dont give a shit either way about the bashing that goes on here. I dont need to visit a counsellor if I read that "Dave's hair's all fucked up" or "Dave is living in the 80's" or any one of the many jabs the Samsters have at Dave's expense. But many here seem to get totally menstrual about it.

    As far as Van Halen goes, Im with the majority. I want to see the original band back the way it was. Not the rearranged versions that followed.

    Van Halen was a great Rock Band, Van Hagar was a reasonably good Pop band, Van Cherone, well what can you say that hasnt been said before ? I think the only positive about Van Cherone was that Ed learned all his old Riffs again. (For the live shows)

    In fact a few of my associates who went to see Van Cherone commented that (if you forgot Gary was there) they played with greater skill, fire and intensity than they had done for the whole Van Hagar era..

    In fact I heard comments like " They havent played like that since Dave left"

    I hope they can recapture that fire with the original band again. If they decide to bring Hagar back, then at least some of us will be happy ! Commercially though, I think #4 would be just as viable as Sam. Dave is where its at for the big commercial dollars, for obvious reasons.

    [ November 20, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Daved Mikalex ]

  15. #15
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    54
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    306
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

    02.27.07 @ 03:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Shit man.....you are too much of a moving target.....change your spots too often!!
    Come clean and just say you think Sammy is a wanker or something willya?

    BTW, I'm reasonably confident VH were more 'commercially' succesful with Samuel as well. so I dont know about the validity of saying going with Dave is the only option in a commercial sense..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I think either Sam or Dave would be fuckin' GREAT!!!!!!

    Long Live VH [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sammy's B-Day?
    By Van Hampshire in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10.13.05, 06:24 PM
  2. Sammy's in LA
    By cabopartyboy in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04.07.05, 06:14 AM
  3. SAMMY'S NEW JOB ?
    By VH RACING in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01.12.03, 07:50 PM
  4. Why aren't Sammy's
    By Sammy Who? in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03.15.02, 04:15 PM
  5. Sammy's new DVD
    By Mikey Metalhead in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08.25.01, 01:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •