Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Can\'t pick just one...
    Favorite VH Song

Every VH song is a tutorial on rhythm guitar!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading a bunch of posts in which most of the members of Van Halen, past and present, have been seriously bashed (and I've engaged in a little bashing myself) I've decided to wax philosophic in this post.
    I'm glad Dave decided to quit Van Halen and strike out on his own in 1985 and I'm glad Sammy Hagar joined the band. That single event made the band much more interesting. I've gotten a lot of discussion milage out of that event. I love comparing Dave Halen with Sammy Halen, Sammy Halen with Solo Dave, etc... Also, Sammy getting fired and Gary getting hired didn't do anyting for record sales, but again, it was an interesting event.
    I can find a song I like on ANY Van Halen CD (including III). I can find a song I like on any Solo Dave. (Even off of Your Filthy Little Mouth.....the song "Sunburn" has some creative, interesting lyrics and a cool guitar riff.) I can find something I like off of any Solo Sammy.
    Many posts are now ripping Dave for being a washed up buffoon, Eddie an asshole who hasn't done anything in last few years, etc... Like it or not, the Sun sets on us all and you can't please everyone (even when your Sun is rising or at its peak). I'm quite sure that no matter what happens with VH and company (a Dave reunion, Sammy reunion, etc...) that the Sun has set on all of their careers. Time marches on and people are forgotten. (When's the last time you listened to Al Jolson?) People ridicule Dave for how his career dropped off in 1988 after the release of Skyscraper because the quality of his music was lower. However, I think that the major cause of Dave's career fading was that consumer tastes changed and moved past Dave's style of music. Dave did move forward with his sound as Skyscraper sounds much more "modern" than anything he had done previously, but no matter...the music biz and consumer preferences moved on without him.
    As far as their personalities, difficult to get along with, self centered, etc... nobody is perfect.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Probably Fair Warning or Balance
    Favorite VH Song

HARD TO SAY!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...well, I think the reason nobody previously replies was that nobody could argue, I am no exception... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Live well,<br />Work hard,<br />and ROCK ON!<br />~EvA~