Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone see the boxing event on fox sports last night opening with sam standing on a mini stage holding a guitar singing "There's only one way to BOX" ?????

I guess monday night football has their "are you ready for some football" Hank jr. thing....so....
    now boxing's got their's.

Hank jr's time is done.....he's not a viable performer in the scale of things....does it say the same about sammy ?????

It tells me that the viability of sam, dave, and now probably van halen, has past as big-booking artists....unless they give their die-hards a reunion. The general public has seen sam, dave, and VH. There is nothing new for them there. What will bring back interest "is" a reunion. Otherwise, they will all end up in an unfortunate position of "been there - done that" with the general public. A new release by any of the guys, seperately, without one another will generate interest only from their most loyal fans from over the years (see "not for sale" sales). There was indications of interest waining from Van Halen's european Balance tour cited in the internet-released chapters from sam's book.

They all need each other. I only hope they realize that before it's too late. It will take all of them to come together to get this thing going in the right direction, or this might just be the end. GOD, I hate saying that !

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know what to say to this except that it's a known fact that Sammy's a fan of boxing. I'm not surprised that he was there.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I love boxing too! I hope Sammy record's that song One Way To Box! Sammy also loves UFC, i've seen him interviewed about it, and he had front row seats to one of the UFC's.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by SWEET,SWEET,WALDO:
    Anyone see the boxing event on fox sports last night opening with sam standing on a mini stage holding a guitar singing "There's only one way to BOX" ?????

I guess monday night football has their "are you ready for some football" Hank jr. thing....so....
    now boxing's got their's.

Hank jr's time is done.....he's not a viable performer in the scale of things....does it say the same about sammy ?????

It tells me that the viability of sam, dave, and now probably van halen, has past as big-booking artists....unless they give their die-hards a reunion. The general public has seen sam, dave, and VH. There is nothing new for them there. What will bring back interest "is" a reunion. Otherwise, they will all end up in an unfortunate position of "been there - done that" with the general public. A new release by any of the guys, seperately, without one another will generate interest only from their most loyal fans from over the years (see "not for sale" sales). There was indications of interest waining from Van Halen's european Balance tour cited in the internet-released chapters from sam's book.

They all need each other. I only hope they realize that before it's too late. It will take all of them to come together to get this thing going in the right direction, or this might just be the end. GOD, I hate saying that !
    I think everyone on this board would chip in to make it happen. Who gives a shit if it's popular in the mainstream. We're all still here b/c of the legacy of =VH=, and we all want to hear 'em again. Period.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

03.16.13 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SWEET,SWEET,WALDO:
    [QB]Anyone see the boxing event on fox sports last night opening with sam standing on a mini stage holding a guitar singing "There's only one way to BOX" ?????

[QB]
    Unfortunately I missed it [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fairwarning
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

03.03.08 @ 11:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at the Johnny Tapia fight at the MGM Grand Arena last night.

Had excellent seats about 4 rows off of the floor and sitting towards the corner where all the celebs were coming in and out of.

Anyways, during one of the preliminary bouts, I look over and there is Vince Johnson walking by, had a yellow Cabo Wabo shirt on. Sucker had a front row seat, right next to the ring.

Anyways, I'm thinking that's cool, he must be a fight fan; next thing I know, it's time for the main event and lo and behold in Johnny Tapia's contingent is the man himself, Sammy Hagar! He was in the ring for the introductions, had on a robe type thing with Johnny Tapia's name and what not on it. In between rounds, he was in Tapia's corner, actually what he was doing, after the break between rounds was over, they would hand him the stool Johnny Tapia used to sit in and he would stow it away under the ring.

After the fight, he was back in the ring hugging Johnny Tapia. Tapia lost the fight, but it was interesting to see Sammy there. I was close enough to yell out "Sammy!", he looked over and I gave him the "5150" hand sign and he smiled and gave me the thumbs up.

I should be pissed at the guy, given that my reservations I had made at the Cabo Wabo before flying down there in October were cancelled and I didn't find out til I got down there, but that's another story, plus I am sure not Sammy's fault.

Anyways, Sammy and Johnny Tapia must be good buddies, cause anyone that went to the Devore Glen Helen Pavilion show this summer and with half a memory will remember that Johnny was up in the "party" section of the stage and Sammy introduced him during the show.

Planning my next trip to Lost Wages, DLR coming up!!