Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Dave-Fair Warning; Sammy-5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave-Panama; Sammy-5150
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm all about old school VH. My god, I've worshipped them for 25 years. But after seeing the show tonight, it is painfully obvious DLR is a shell of his old self. He has become somewhat of an embarrassment.....the glittery pink outfit, the sexual swaggar, etc. just DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE. This guys charisma was like no others back in the day. But, c'mon Dave, get with the times! It's not 1976 or even 1986. Its 2002 and you're not 25 years old anymore. Had he come out in a pair of jeans and, say, a cut t-shirt or something it would have worked so much better than what he had going. Look, I loved this guy for the longest time and I still can't get enough of vintage VH, but the fact is Sammy owned him tonight. Sammy's show (which icluded Mike and gay boy himself Gary Cherone) blew Dave's away for sheer energy alone. Sammy obviously still loves to do this, Dave came across like he was struggling and in it for the money. Hate to say it, but that seemed to be the views of many as we left the show.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was also at the show and I don't think Sammy blew Dave away or got a better response from the crowd. In fact, where I was sitting, more people were standing up for DLR's set. However, I'm not saying Dave was better than Sammy. I think they were both great tonight. Sammy has like 100 people on stage with him, so there is more of an interaction. With DLR, he doesn't rely on a huge entourage for energy, it is just four people playing the classics.

Favorite VH Album

balance
    Favorite VH Song

Finish What ya started
    Last Online

07.24.09 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I felt exactly the same way after seeing the Gorge show here in Washington , Mike....
    Roth , instead of coming out and just being a regular guy...turned himself into an 80s circus...
    although I was surprised...Roth did better than I expected...he still left a lot to be desired...
    And I think its embarrasing that he keeps using the same old bits and jokes he used on every tour he's ever done....its like he's become a sideshow act that has to play to a script written long ago and done one too many times...And I just cant understand the whole painted hair and jumpsuit thing....it just makes you say "WHY Dave ? "
    I also wish he would have put together a band that was something other than just a tribute band..I think it weakened Roth and made him appear all the more just a nostalgia act. I would have been more impressed if he worked up a new band or maybe even got Vai and Sheehan to tour with him and wrote 2 or 3 new songs before they hit the road...then he could have played them and maybe they might have caught on...that would make him more appealing for a VH reunion...
    Sam...I cant say enough about Sam....he was the show that night...you never feel cheated after you leave a show that Sammy Hagar has been in...
    You always get your money's worth....!!!
    His hi-energy and great performance are hard to match, and I think VH would be stupid not to ask him back!!
    Hey Ed....Call Sam....and rock us once again....please?!?!?!?! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    keVH