Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i for one would love dave back, but i think it wont happen. yes i have said van halen is van halen no matter who sings. i love all the early vh and the sammy years, i also have vh3 because it is van halen. and yes i have a line from a dlr era song, i love all van halen music. but i did not think i would have to put a line from each era of van halen to show i like it all. i respect you're thoughts. to me vh will always be vh.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Parts of Van Hagar were alright. Yet it was a different band. I can't find anything redeeming in VDIII whatsoever, but if you do, fine. But it was a different band.

Van HALEN was a band based on the chemistry between David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen.

They weren't best buddies, soulmates, or homosexual lovers. They were 2 creative musicians in a full and equal partnership who pushed each other to do the absolute BEST they could possibly do.

That's why those 6 albums are so fucking great.

That's why nothing else after ever approached that level.

The sheep who want to give all the credit to Eddie are overlooking the obvious. If it were all Eddie, how do you go from I'm the One to Cheese Walks In? Or from Judgment Day to Once, for that matter.

Whatever Eddie does in the future won't be Van Halen unless Dave is the one who wrote it with him. And if that's not going to happen, then the very least he can do is drop the name, and release his next project on it's own merits and not sponging off a legacy that he has worked so hard to destroy the last 6 years.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Might carry this over to opinions guys, discuss at will there [img]smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, joe, they say you can't get blood from a turnip.

FORD's the turnip and getting him to call anything but the first six albums Van Halen is the blood.

Instead of banging your head against the wall trying to convert him, just have pity on his inability to enjoy as broad a range of music as you do
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Ford said that he only enjoyed the first six albums. Why did he buy them?

I bought them, and I like them. But I don't think they're the same band. And I think the first six are much better.

I also think that if it weren't for David Lee Roth, Eddie wouldn't have half the fame or money he has now. He would be just another great guitar player who didn't get the exposure he deserved.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree, the first 6 were great albums, but as long as vh stays as a band it will always be vh. if eddie does something different on his own it wont be vh. now santana did an all star album it is still santana. i dont want vh to do that i want one singer but if they did it would still be vh. i agree with having sammy and gary it was different but it was vh. to me saying dave makes vh the real vh shows me you are a dave fan just like if you are to say sammy was better or whoevershows you are that persons fan. i look at it as mike, eddie, alex and whoever the singer is as a whole. it like saying well tino left the yankees it not the same now, yes it is its a team just like vh is a team, 4 guys working together to make it work. my point is if it was dave, alex, and mike and eddie was the one to leave it still would be vh but different. its all about the music.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:

They weren't homosexual lovers. .
    Do you remember the Dave rumors FORD?

When did Dave add Van Halen to his last name?
    When has Dave writen any good MUSIC?
    Sure he had some great lyrics, but he hasn't had shit in 18 years IMO.
    The well went dry for him in my opinion. Dave is at his best when he is with Eddie.
    But Eddie isn't pushed musically by Dave.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Do you remember the Dave rumors FORD?

I ignored them because they were as dumb and pointless as the rumors you spread.

When did Dave add Van Halen to his last name?
    Dave is the one who named the BAND.

When has Dave writen any good MUSIC?

When has Eddie written any good lyrics? "How Many Say I" ???

Sure he had some great lyrics, but he hasn't had shit in 18 years IMO.
    The well went dry for him in my opinion. Dave is at his best when he is with Eddie.

And Eddie is at his best with Dave.

But Eddie isn't pushed musically by Dave.

Like HELL he isn't. Why was "Me Wise Magic" better than ANYTHING Van Hagar made in their entire 11 years?? It's because Dave would not settle for any of that lightweight cheese bullshit that Sammy went along with. It's about chemistry between the songwriting partners. Why was Paul McCartney's writing in the Beatles so good, and everything he's done since 1970 slid progressively down hill. (Even Sammy could write better lyrics than that fucking stupid "Freedom" song.) The reason is John Lennon was there to edit out the crap, so only the best of Paul's material made it to the records. And if Paul hadn't been there in a similar role for John, Revolution #9 probably would have been all of side 4 on the White Album, and the other Lennon non-song "What's the New Mary Jane" probably would have made the album (it's bad enough they even let that piece of shit on Anthology III). This is the type of songwriting chemistry Dave and Eddie had. And neither has been as good since.
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

true eddie and dave work great together, but you can not say van halen aint van halen because dave is not in the band.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by joe318:
    true eddie and dave work great together, but you can not say van halen aint van halen because dave is not in the band.
    That's exactly what I can and will say.

Furthermore, Sammy calls his band "Van Hagar".

Eddie said, in both 1986 and 1996, that "it's a different band".

So why did they keep the name?

Same reason "Deep Purple", "Black Sabbath", and "Fleetwood Mac" did. Because Warner Brothers records owned the name and told them to do so. Never mind the spin from Howdy Doody Mountain, that's the reality of it. Just ask Prince, who was NOT allowed to use his name after he walked away from what he felt was an unfair WB contract.

If Eddie does indeed go through with the career suicide move of hiring a 4th singer, look for him to drop the "Van Halen" name now, as he is finally legally able to do so.
    Eat Us And Smile

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You guys attaking FORD are ridiculous, he presents factual information and his opinion, and you attack him for his personal opinion that Van Halen and Van Hagar were different bands(he even says that he likes "some" Van Hagar material)....I know they were differenet bands, and almost every "real" person, in real life, not this internet chat BS, has also agreed with me that Van Halen and Van Hagar are different bands...

what's the big deal???

[ February 09, 2002 at 07:20 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The sheep are doing the same thing here they did at the Pasture Dump.

I warned everyone here that this bullshit was coming.......

See, here's the deal:

I can disagree with Hagar fans, and they don't make it personal. It's very rare that the UFF's have crossed the line with me (Even you, Stuffy )

But these Dump Sheep are militant. Unless you bow down and worship at Eddie's feet, you might as well walk into downtown Kabul Afghanistan and spray paint on a portrait of Mohammed.
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Parts of Van Hagar were alright. Yet it was a different band. I can't find anything redeeming in VDIII whatsoever, but if you do, fine. But it was a different band.

Van HALEN was a band based on the chemistry between David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen.

They weren't best buddies, soulmates, or homosexual lovers. They were 2 creative musicians in a full and equal partnership who pushed each other to do the absolute BEST they could possibly do.

That's why those 6 albums are so fucking great.

That's why nothing else after ever approached that level.

The sheep who want to give all the credit to Eddie are overlooking the obvious. If it were all Eddie, how do you go from I'm the One to Cheese Walks In? Or from Judgment Day to Once, for that matter.

Whatever Eddie does in the future won't be Van Halen unless Dave is the one who wrote it with him. And if that's not going to happen, then the very least he can do is drop the name, and release his next project on it's own merits and not sponging off a legacy that he has worked so hard to destroy the last 6 years.
    Did DLR change the name of his band after Vai and Sheehan left? Did he use the same name with CFTH?
    DLR named Van Halen..that was a thought process that must have been unbelievable. Must have been after in DLR's book that said he got a blow job at 12 years old...the chapter titled: fiction.
    David Lee Roth was an AWESOME frontman during the VH years, but he has some serious mental problems that he has to deal with. He speculates a LOT more than Eddie and Alex and Mike do about the future of VH! But think what you think...sheep....
    Just go for it!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BREW CREW:

DLR named Van Halen..that was a thought process that must have been unbelievable. Must have been after in DLR's book that said he got a blow job at 12 years old...the chapter titled: fiction.
    When I started following the band in 1982, I remember reading that it was Dave suggestion to name the band Van Halen. As obvious as it might seem to you now, it never occured to the Van Halen brothers at the time. It's possible that if left to Ed and Al they would have ended up calling themselves Mammoth or Rat Salad. How old would that have gotten?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by joe318:
    That's exactly what I can and will say.

Furthermore, Sammy calls his band "Van Hagar".

Eddie said, in both 1986 and 1996, that "it's a different band".

So why did they keep the name?

Same reason "Deep Purple", "Black Sabbath", and "Fleetwood Mac" did. Because Warner Brothers records owned the name and told them to do so. Never mind the spin from Howdy Doody Mountain, that's the reality of it. Just ask Prince, who was NOT allowed to use his name after he walked away from what he felt was an unfair WB contract.

If Eddie does indeed go through with the career suicide move of hiring a 4th singer, look for him to drop the "Van Halen" name now, as he is finally legally able to do so.
    </font>[/QUOTE]why keep the name? i don't know maybe because of alex van halen and eddie van halen, and they use to say van hagar as a joke. and how can you say a 4th singer would be suicide, they are already dead in the water. we all know eddie does not want dave, unless alex and mike help ed change his mind. and ed wont drop the vh name unless al and mike leave. van halen will always be vh with a 4th singer or if they call it quits.